ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
NCAA is coming down hard on the important issues

So... What, the transfer portal is supposed to be hidden from the general public but everything we hear about is being leaked by people who aren't supposed to have access? Why wouldn't it be public information?

Reaction Score
So... What, the transfer portal is supposed to be hidden from the general public but everything we hear about is being leaked by people who aren't supposed to have access? Why wouldn't it be public information?
Gives them a distraction from coming down on Kansas and LSU

Reaction Score

There was a slight connection here with Bouknight/Springs but I don’t think him coming to UConn was ever a possibility on either side (as far as i know)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Maybe. White played only 15.6 mpg last year so it's not like a clear cut favorite.
He was also coming off a torn ACL and wasn’t even supposed to be back for the season originally IIRC

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

We had reached out in March but I don’t think we’re recruiting him anymore

Reaction Score

“All Division I student-athletes will have a one-time opportunity to transfer and compete immediately beginning in the 2021-22 academic year, if legislation adopted by the Division I Council is ratified by the Division I Board of Directors. The board meets April 28,” the statement read. “The Council met via videoconference today and Wednesday. The Council expanded the one-time transfer exception to all sports, which means student-athletes who play baseball, football, men’s and women’s basketball, and men’s ice hockey have the same chance as all other student-athletes to transfer and play right away. If ratified by the board, the change is effective for student-athletes who have not transferred before and want to compete at a new school as early as this fall.

Reaction Score
How’d his mom make out?
Haha, but in all seriousness, despite Tre Mitchell transferring out, UMass has rebounded nicely (pun intended) with their own transfer haul.

To replace Tre Mitchell, the combination of Penn State's Trent Buttrick's rebounding and stretch ability with Montana's Michael Steadman post play and rebounding provide a nice diverse 1-2 punch.

Carl Pierre transferred to Rice (who will be an underrated C-USA team) but he's replaced with Albany's CJ Kelly and BC's Rich Kelly, two good perimeter shooters (41.5 3p% and 37.2 3p%, respectively) who are definitely not related.

A nice quartet to mix in with their incumbent players. I honestly think UMass will be better this upcoming year than this past year.

Reaction Score

“All Division I student-athletes will have a one-time opportunity to transfer and compete immediately beginning in the 2021-22 academic year, if legislation adopted by the Division I Council is ratified by the Division I Board of Directors. The board meets April 28,” the statement read. “The Council met via videoconference today and Wednesday. The Council expanded the one-time transfer exception to all sports, which means student-athletes who play baseball, football, men’s and women’s basketball, and men’s ice hockey have the same chance as all other student-athletes to transfer and play right away. If ratified by the board, the change is effective for student-athletes who have not transferred before and want to compete at a new school as early as this fall.

Some people in the portal...
Confused Uh Oh GIF by ESPN

Reaction Score
Woaaaahhh. I didn’t see that coming. I thought they would just grant everyone a hear starting now.
It's possible they still are/will, but that's definitely not what that says. But it's possible they meant to say "not yet transferred and competed immediately" or some similar wording.

Reaction Score
It's possible they still are/will, but that's definitely not what that says. But it's possible they meant to say "not yet transferred and competed immediately" or some similar wording.
It's still just an interpretation so could be wrong but Borzello has tweeted a bunch about it and has said it's anyone who's transferred

Reaction Score
It's still just an interpretation so could be wrong but Borzello has tweeted a bunch about it and has said it's anyone who's transferred

I wonder if it will be like last season where pretty much everyone got a waiver or if they are gonna be more strict with it again. Thinking of players like Mac McClung that might have to sit a year. Dang

Reaction Score

Should be more playing time for Javonte Brown. I believe this is their 6th transfer because Emanuel Miller also just announced his transfer.

This kid is from JB’s high school. Wasn’t that a big part of the reason of why he wanted to go to TAMU? I’m sure he will stick around, but there’s definitely a lot of movement going on down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom