Recruiting Transfers - April | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not my intel or anything but others have said it here and other platforms that often times these things happen before they even hit the portal.
Definitely the case here . Slater called it the day he hit the portal .

Reaction Score
Is "indirect transfer" defined anywhere that you know of (in this document or elsewhere)? In the absence of other information, I agree with your interpretation, but I find it strange that they use the term as if everyone understands the exact meaning.
what would you propose calling it instead, in 2 words or fewer?

Reaction Score

I would propose defining it with the necessary number of words before I start using it regularly

Reaction Score
I would propose defining it with the necessary number of words before I start using it regularly
not an answer to my question. i agree it should be defined but i think it was sufficiently put into context with the discussion of signing the NLIs etc.

Reaction Score
No need to get snarky! I am just saying that I am unaware of what exactly is meant when the Big East says that indirect transfers are not allowed. It makes sense to me if it means that a player may not go from a Big East team to a non-Big East team and then back to another Big East team, but I don't consider the phrase so self-explanatory that additional definition is not needed. If said additional definition exists, I am asking to be directed to it.

Reaction Score
No need to get snarky! I am just saying that I am unaware of what exactly is meant when the Big East says that indirect transfers are not allowed. It makes sense to me if it means that a player may not go from a Big East team to a non-Big East team and then back to another Big East team, but I don't consider the phrase so self-explanatory that additional definition is not needed. If said additional definition exists, I am asking to be directed to it.
i didnt mean to sound snarky altho you arent the only one who interpreted it that way

Reaction Score
i didnt mean to sound snarky altho you arent the only one who interpreted it that way
It's all good. I only perceived it as snark because it seemed that you were responding as if I was criticizing the author(s) of the document and/or anyone using the phrase "indirect transfer." I am not doing so. I am saying, "Hey, these dudes (and/or dudettes) are using this phrase as if its definition is known and documented somewhere. Therefore, it probably is documented. Does anyone know where I can find said documentation?"

Reaction Score

A nice week for Stack. First getting two top-100 '22 commits who were also HS teammates and then Robbins.

The 7’0 235 senior from Minnesota averaged 11.7p, 6.6r, 2.7b, 32.7 3p% in 24.7 mpg last season after starting his career at Drake.

Reaction Score
This was pretty suspiciously quick and quiet.
I am pretty sure there’s a family/close friend connection with an assistant coach there. Just going off memory of his recruitment in HS.

Reactions: Ugh
Reaction Score
This thread is getting a little tough to open. Was hoping we'd try on Abdur-Rahim. Was really hoping on Fatts or Kadary. We're crazy to think our guards and wings scare anyone. These are not UConn-Calhoun level players. They will not get us to the next level. They are fine players but need some less one dimensional supplements.

Hopeful the freshman can come through because we're scoring 50-60 ppg without Bouk last year.

Reaction Score
This thread is getting a little tough to open. Was hoping we'd try on Abdur-Rahim. Was really hoping on Fatts or Kadary. We're crazy to think our guards and wings scare anyone. These are not UConn-Calhoun level players. They will not get us to the next level. They are fine players but need some less one dimensional supplements.

Hopeful the freshman can come through because we're scoring 50-60 ppg without Bouk last year.
Agreed

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Big East needs to change that right now. If free agency is going to continue you can't handicap your whole conference and keep up with everyone else.

At least suspend it for this season.

Reaction Score

I'm not so sure first of all 50 points is ridiculous. Second Akok Akok was not healthy last year and Andre Jackson was not practicing weird year with virus. Hand was messed up could have thrown off his shot. He deferred shot last year, people didn't guard him. There is a reason he was highly recruited. He can only get better and hes very athletic can get to tin. Hopefully work in mid range jumper to be weapon. Outside 3 does need lot of work over summer. He needs to be most improved player on team. Hopefully don't expose Sanogo at top of key that is not going to work. Next year have a top ten class. That's a high level D1player. Unlike other teams our players are happy and didn't enter transfer portal so don't have time top players want. If they want to come here and believe they should start, well come hear and prove it. Pull the Damn sled!!!

Reaction Score
I see Rocket Watts isn’t involved with Florida state or Louisville anymore. Would love to land him

Reaction Score
I see Rocket Watts isn’t involved with Florida state or Louisville anymore. Would love to land him
1200+ minutes played and he simply can’t make shots (44.8% TS and 42.1% eFG). I’m surprised how his career has gone as I loved him as a prospect in HS, but I’d see him as a pretty blind leap of faith at best now. He has upside, but he was truly awful last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I didn’t see the Fatts fit, but I thought we’d land a scoring 2. In hindsight, would’ve loved to have Fatts and to find a way to make it work. Starting to think Polley + a reclass to sit and redshirt seems likely. Disappointing, but hopefully I’m wrong.

Reaction Score
BTW, Texas A&M rising junior big Jonathan Aku just hit the transfer portal.

Opens the door wide open for Javonte Brown to battle with incoming freshman Ashton Smith (#212 '21 recruit) to nab the starting five gig. Rooting for him.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score

I liked the points and rebounds numbers (16.4 and 5.9). Then I looked him up and saw he shot 0% from 3pt the last two seasons. I don't know how many attempts he took. He shot 9.1% from 3 the year before that though... so safe to say that's not his game.

Reaction Score

I agree. We need some shooters or next year teams will just pack it in and dare us to shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom