Recruiting Transfers - April | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Relevant to our Locke pursuit

I have no clue if they’re going to recruit him but Hurley gave a ton of praise to him. Maybe more than any opposing player I can remember, here was the quote:

“you know, Morsell is a beast. I mean that guy is, I love that guy. One of my favorite players in the country. Does so much for them, even though he ends up with seven [points], seven [rebounds] and four [assists], that guy's just a winner and a great player. So when he switches to your bigs, I mean, that's not like a guard switching. That's a man down there.”

Reaction Score

The 4th Indiana player in the portal to announce their return. Again, credit to Woodson and co.

Reaction Score
I have no clue if they’re going to recruit him but Hurley gave a ton of praise to him. Maybe more than any opposing player I can remember, here was the quote:

“you know, Morsell is a beast. I mean that guy is, I love that guy. One of my favorite players in the country. Does so much for them, even though he ends up with seven [points], seven [rebounds] and four [assists], that guy's just a winner and a great player. So when he switches to your bigs, I mean, that's not like a guard switching. That's a man down there.”
By the praise he was giving after the game, I’d be beyond shocked if DH wasn’t one of the first on the phone

Reaction Score
Seems like a player Hurley would like with his defense. Curious to see if we reach out if he decides to stay in college.
well aware he's all defense first team good but D isnt our problem. adding another <30% 3 point shooting wing wouldnt improve our areas of weakness

Last edited:
Reaction Score
By the praise he was giving after the game, I’d be beyond shocked if DH wasn’t one of the first on the phone
I think this board would go nuts if the staff recruited another guard who isn’t a great shooter. If Whaley comes back & DM was added, they’d have to be one of the few or maybe the only team in the nation that’d have two DPOYs on their roster. They’d be an elite defensive team at least, that’s for sure.

Reaction Score

Really solid 3 level HS scorer. Basically didn't play this year as a freshmen...reasoning is a little unclear but seems like it might be related to HS injury or more likely didn't get on board with the pack line D

Hate to see him leave with all his potential, but if he goes anywhere I hope it's here

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Not sure whether this one has been posted. TTech's Micah Peavy moving on. Top 40, lil bit like Dre, not as athletic, better touch, good playmaker, great length, 6'7" wing.

Reaction Score

The 4th Indiana player in the portal to announce their return. Again, credit to Woodson and co.

Also- Coaching staff looking solid
Dane Fife from MSU returning to Bloomington... He will take over from Woodson in a few years.
Kenya Hunter staying.

Good foundation

Reaction Score
I think this board would go nuts if the staff recruited another guard who isn’t a great shooter. If Whaley comes back & DM was added, they’d have to be one of the few or maybe the only team in the nation that’d have two DPOYs on their roster. They’d be an elite defensive team at least, that’s for sure.
I feel like it’s a DH dream to be a top 25 team just winning rock fights constantly with 2 DPOY on the floor & guys taking charges all over the place.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Really solid 3 level HS scorer. Basically didn't play this year as a freshmen...reasoning is a little unclear but seems like it might be related to HS injury or more likely didn't get on board with the pack line D

Hate to see him leave with all his potential, but if he goes anywhere I hope it's here

I was certain he’d be a stud when he was in HS. Was very disappointed when his recruitment got away from us. Seemed super skilled offensively-Ie Cam Thomas lite. I assumed the injury derailed him.

Reaction Score
Shooting guard alert:

SMU’s Tyson Jolly hit the portal. Only 8 games played this year and his stats were underwhelming, but Jolly’s stats from last year look promising: 14.5p, 6.2r, 2.3a, 38.2 3p%.

6’4 190 incoming senior. Would definitely be happy to have Jolly in the mix.

Reaction Score
Shooting guard alert:

SMU’s Tyson Jolly hit the portal. Only 8 games played this year and his stats were underwhelming, but Jolly’s stats from last year look promising: 14.5p, 6.2r, 2.3a, 38.2 3p%.

6’4 190 incoming senior. Would definitely be happy to have Jolly in the mix.
Happy or Jolly?

Reaction Score
Outside of Locke, who do we even have a good shot at? Thuis transfer market is large, but quiet. Not a lot of info

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I was certain he’d be a stud when he was in HS. Was very disappointed when his recruitment got away from us. Seemed super skilled offensively-Ie Cam Thomas lite. I assumed the injury derailed him.
Couldn’t play any defense so he never saw the floor. In his limited minutes he didn’t shoot that well either, so this is a no-brainer as to why he transferred.

Reaction Score
I really hope we go after Jabri. I know Hurley put in quite a bit of work into his recruitment. That is typically who we have the best shot at in the transfer market. We don't usually do well forming new relationships to land transfers.
He was my vote in the "which transfer would you most want" thread.

Nominee for the weirdest transfer landing so far:

Virginia Tech's Jalen Cone is transferring to Northern Arizona out of the Big Sky. Weird placement for a former top-100 prospect. I've seen the NAU campus (and also my niece had aspirations playing soccer there before committing to a local NAIA team in Mesa) and it's a beautiful campus and Flagstaff would be a fun city to live in, but a really weak program to transfer into.

My guess is that Cone is taking the opportunity to unequivocally be counted on as "the man" to help boost stats for pro resume and/or moving up to another program in the future.

Reaction Score
The only problem with Jabri is Hawkins/Jackson. It's not a big deal to bring in a grad transfer or 1 year player to play alongside Hawkins and then be gone. But he's similar positionally to those two and on the same timeline, not staggered. Unless they know each other and are already tight, could be a tough sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom