Recruiting Transfers - April | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He just entered the portal but I think they should look at Rasir Bolton
Played two years at Penn State with Freeman before transferring to Iowa State this year

Reaction Score
He just entered the portal but I think they should look at Rasir Bolton
Played two years at Penn State with Freeman before transferring to Iowa State this year

I don't know if someone accustomed to getting 30+ minutes a game and appears to be a mediocre shooter is what this team needs. Need a consistent 35%+ shooter willing to accept 15-20 minutes (would ecstatic if Polley came back).

Reaction Score

I can’t wait to see how many players in the portal end up staying at the same school. Obviously this is a different situation b/c Beard left, but I had a feeling there would be lots of people deciding not to leave

Reaction Score
Juwan Durham in the portal 10.7 ppg 5.5 rpg 1.7 bpg last year..

I know I'm in the minority but I've been so impressed with his growth. Highly doubt he'd come back here to be a backup but it would give him a much better chance to be a winner than ND did.

Reaction Score
Juwan Durham in the portal 10.7 ppg 5.5 rpg 1.7 bpg last year..

I know I'm in the minority but I've been so impressed with his growth. Highly doubt he'd come back here to be a backup but it would give him a much better chance to be a winner than ND did.

I was confused by Rothsteins tweet...... I couldn’t tell if he was saying that he will not return to use his extra year, or if he will not return and use his extra year elsewhere. Wasn’t exactly sure by the wording

Reaction Score
I guess now that I look at it again, it's rather nebulous.
He just tweeted the same thing about a different player. I can’t figure out which one he means.

It must mean they are using their eligibility elsewhere?? I have no clue

Reaction Score
Durham isn't in the portal yet so leaning towards graduating interpretation.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't know if someone accustomed to getting 30+ minutes a game and appears to be a mediocre shooter is what this team needs. Need a consistent 35%+ shooter willing to accept 15-20 minutes (would ecstatic if Polley came back).

That's why I think Tyler Kolek fits. He played a lot as a freshman for George Mason, but when stepping up I don't think he would expect those minutes. Good shooter, passer, all around savvy guard.

Reaction Score
That's why I think Tyler Kolek fits. He played a lot as a freshman for George Mason, but when stepping up I don't think he would expect those minutes. Good shooter, passer, all around savvy guard.
i agree. kolek and polley would slide seamlessly into their 3rd string roles on the depth chart. even without adding any transfers we already have at least 9 guys that will demand significant minutes.

maybe polley surprises and theres a 3 way time share at SF... but unless we added a 25-30mpg starter (besides whaley), i didnt think adding second string level transfers was realistic

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i agree. kolek and polley would slide seamlessly into their 3rd string roles on the depth chart. even without adding any transfers we already have at least 9 guys that will demand significant minutes.

maybe polley surprises and theres a 3 way time share at SF... but unless we added a 25-30mpg starter (besides whaley), i didnt think adding second string level transfers was realistic
If polley comes back I would be interested to see if hurley convinces a high schooler or two to reclass and take the redshirt type year like akok and springs did. Might be a harder pitch now with the way things have panned out so far for springs.

Reaction Score
If polley comes back I would be interested to see if hurley convinces a high schooler or two to reclass and take the redshirt type year like akok and springs did. Might be a harder pitch now with the way things have panned out so far for springs.
i could see that. we could carry up to 15 guys on the roster if both whaley and polley come back, but i wouldnt want more than 13 players active, so why not redshirt a freshman or two, that'd be great.

Reaction Score
Big shooting guard alert:

ETSU’s LeDarrius Brewer has hit the portal.

6’5 195 incoming senior. 16.2p, 4.5r, 1.5s, 55.3 2p%, 38.2 3p% (55% shots from 3).

His brother Ty also hit the portal, so there’s package deal concern too, but if we can just get LeDarrius, he’s one of the top scorers from the SoCon.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know we arent aloud to be impatient, but I'd really like to start hearing some positive news soon. A lot of the guys we targeted are being taken off the board.

Reaction Score

2nd power conference recruit joining the Big Sky in two days. Go figure.

FWIW, Weber State rostered 7 newly incoming transfers last season.

Reaction Score
I know we arent aloud to be impatient, but I'd really like to start hearing some positive news soon. A lot of the guys we targeted are being taken off the board.
There's still 3 weeks or so of portal entry allowed, and teams that already filled their rosters won't be in competition for newly entered guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom