OT: - Realignment? | Page 63 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

Reaction Score
No, of course not. The PAC has programs which have more potential to be poached but it could be the 3rd best conference for a while. On paper it makes more sense for the Kansases and Okie State to go join Arizona, Colorado and Utah than for Arizona, Colorado and Utah to join Houston, TCU and UCF. The B1G and SEC have the right recipe.
Lol, I don't think the PAC is the third best conference now. The PAC doesn't outperform the Big12 on or off the fields and courts now.

Reaction Score
Lol, I don't think the PAC is the third best conference now. The PAC doesn't outperform the Big12 on or off the fields and courts now.
Like I said, it could be. You add those universities I mentioned and it could be better on the fields and academically. Much bigger brands up and down the roster.

The best situation would be taking the best from the PAC, Big 12 and ACC but that can't happen so no one will compete with the big 2.

Reaction Score
Like I said, it could be. You add those universities I mentioned and it could be better on the fields and academically. Much bigger brands up and down the roster.

The best situation would be taking the best from the PAC, Big 12 and ACC but that can't happen so no one will compete with the big 2.
I mean yeah it could be but I just don't see a scenario where P5 schools are going to leave for the Pac. I hear ya in terms of a few bigger brands there in the Pac (OR/WA) but they will want to be in the B1G and the smaller Pac brands will realize they're better off in the Big12.

Reaction Score
No, of course not. The PAC has programs which have more potential to be poached but it could be the 3rd best conference for a while. On paper it makes more sense for the Kansases and Okie State to go join Arizona, Colorado and Utah than for Arizona, Colorado and Utah to join Houston, TCU and UCF. The B1G and SEC have the right recipe.

Actually it makes far more sense for the Four Corner schools to join the Big 12 from a fanbase standpoint, Pac-12 fan interest is generally weak, and the three schools you mentioned are a BIG reason they should join the Big 12, it gives you access to Texas, Florida and Ohio as well as access to rabid fanbases in all of the Big 12's sports. The Big 12 fit the B1G and SEC recipe more than the Pac-12 does. The Pac-12 is the 5th strongest conference for a reason.

Reaction Score
Actually it makes far more sense for the Four Corner schools to join the Big 12 from a fanbase standpoint, Pac-12 fan interest is generally weak, and the three schools you mentioned are a BIG reason they should join the Big 12, it gives you access to Texas, Florida and Ohio as well as access to rabid fanbases in all of the Big 12's sports. The Big 12 fit the B1G and SEC recipe more than the Pac-12 does. The Pac-12 is the 5th strongest conference for a reason.
The Big 12 is a copy of the ACC. Kind of like nothing like the recipe of the B1G and SEC.

Reaction Score
Tony Altimore had a neat chart on one of the YouTube shows. Best TV ratings - PAC 12/Big 12/ACC. I'm not sure if this was just from the past season or what. I'm guessing it was from just this past season because I don't see Louisville having more viewers than Clemson long term.

1. Florida State
2. Oregon
3. Louisville
4. Washington
5. Clemson
6. Miami
7. Virginia Tech
8. Washington State
9. Oklahoma State
10. Utah
11. Virginia
12. Kansas State
13. Georgia Tech
14. Oregon State
15. Syracuse
16. West Virginia
17. Stanford
18. North Carolina State
19. Baylor
20. Pittsburgh
21. Arizona State
22. TCU
23. Boston College
24. Texas Tech
25. Iowa State
26. California
27. BYU
28. Duke
29. Wake Forest
30. Colorado
31. Arizona
32. Cincinnati
33. North Carolina
34. Kansas
35. UCF
36. Houston
Just so you know, TJ is a consultant for the Pac-12 and works for Cal. So everything he does is to make it look better for the Pac-12.

Reaction Score
Huge reveal from Arizona president Robbins in Dodd's article today:

Where exactly do the interests of the Ducks and Huskies stand?

"USC started this whole thing [to move to the Big Ten]. I think UCLA was a reluctant follower in this whole thing. But [USC] needed a travel partner close by so it makes sense," Robbins explained. "If Oregon calls Washington up and says, 'I can double the amount of money you're getting; come with me to the Big Ten,' Washington is going to say, 'OK, I'm in.' They would love to have gone.

"When I heard it first, the deal was going to be USC-Oregon [to the Big Ten]. That makes sense. … Their TV market is not that big, [but] they play in different colored uniforms, and they win. That's where I would have started this thing off.

"I think Fox wanted to consolidate L.A. and not let anybody else in [with USC-UCLA]. I think it's brilliant. Well played."

Holy smokes!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom