OT: - Realignment? | Page 64 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

Reaction Score
"I’m not targeting anyone specifically," Yormark said, via John Canzano. "I’ve been saying it. I’ve been pretty transparent and intentional that we’d like that fourth time zone to create more value for our media partners. Would I like to be a national conference in all the different time zones and from a geography standpoint have our Big 12 flag all over the country, 100% … we’ll see where we end up."

Reaction Score
FWIW, the Monty Show has just said this afternoon that the Big 12 is looking into Creighton and UConn for everything except football.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
FWIW, the Monty Show has just said this afternoon that the Big 12 is looking into Creighton and UConn for everything except football.
They are not reputable in the least. I could see Creighton though.

Reaction Score
No deal. That's an attempt to acquire a premium product like UConn basketball for pennies on the dollar.

Reaction Score
If the Big12 was smart they'd take Georgetown, Villanova, St John's and UConn for all sports + Army, Navy and Air Force as football only.

Reaction Score
They were talking about why San Diego state should go to the pac 12 and not the big 12 because of travel… why the hell would Uconn leave the big east to travel all over country to join the big 12…

Reaction Score
I still wouldn’t want it for all sports… but they are talking all sports except football… which means the money would be close to the big east money

Reaction Score
I love the big east…we have history with this league… but if the big 12 offers full membership…uconn would probably take it… I wouldn’t like it… our athletes would be flying all over the country to play schools we don’t have any history with

Reaction Score
If the Big12 was smart they'd take Georgetown, Villanova, St John's and UConn for all sports + Army, Navy and Air Force as football only.
Getting Army Navy and possibly Air Force in the same conference makes sense

Reaction Score
If I were UConn, I would insist on a 5-game football schedule, a higher revenue share than the basketball only schools, and a realistic plan in place for full membership should certain metrics be met. Otherwise, Big 12 Membership makes little sense.

Reaction Score
I love the big east…we have history with this league… but if the big 12 offers full membership…uconn would probably take it… I wouldn’t like it… our athletes would be flying all over the country to play schools we don’t have any history with
So you'd rather stay in a small time league of tiny Catholic schools that only want to play a handful of sports?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I've seen a number of rumors bouncing around where lesser P5 conferences are considering partial membership for new schools.

I'll believe it when I see it. My take is at the moment the B-12 & P-12 are merely tossing out ideas hoping one can create some traction for an increase in television revenues. When it is officially announced that a Gonzaga, St St John's, Georgetown or Villanova will be added to one of these conferences or that we will be added in all sports except football I will believe it. Until then I'll believe this is merely off the cuff ideas that the internet gave a life.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've seen a number of rumors bouncing around where lesser P5 conferences are considering partial membership for new schools.

I'll believe it when I see it. My take is at the moment the B-12 & P-12 are merely tossing out ideas hoping one can create some traction for an increase in television revenues. When it is officially announced that a Gonzaga, St St John's, Georgetown or Villanova will be added to one of these conferences or that we will be added in all sports except football I will believe it. Until then I'll believe this is merely off the cuff ideas that the internet gave a life.

I don't necessarily disagree.

For the B12 to add a handful of BB schools there is going to be a lot of consultant work and Fox media pricing work and general touring and pony show activity to get there. It seems to me the current B12 members would need to have a few closed door meetings to consent which ought to have some drama and leaks. Instead its more likely is that we are at the sketch stage...and we don't go beyond sketch before the P12 decides its fate first.

I do think a scenario that could play out is that the P12 holds for a 5 year deal, the BE holds for a 5-6 year deal and the table is set for the B12 to do this all over again at the end of the decade- but this time they are set up to act because their homework is complete and consent has been given.

Reaction Score
we're already flying all over the country to play schools we don't have history with.

Reaction Score
No deal. That's an attempt to acquire a premium product like UConn basketball for pennies on the dollar.

How many pennies are we talking about? Are the total B12 pennies more valuable than the NBE total pennies? Is there a roadmap to add football? Can we get a full share for all sports, but take a partial share for football which is greater than 500K per year, plus some travel cost coverage?

Reaction Score

Why is that smart? I am trying to understand the rationale, becuase I am not seeing this as a decent move.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom