OT: - Realignment? | Page 54 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

Reaction Score
No. I'm thinking more along the lines of WVU, Kansas, Kansas St, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, BYU, and adding Cinci, Houston and UCF for old times sake.

The PAC 12 and Big 12 should merge and go full MTV Rocks. Throw in some rock concerts and fireworks at half-time, completely opposite of the old school good ol boys club. Some local battle of the bands action. Let Oregon lead the way. It's all marketing so it has to set itself apart.

What happens to Memphis, Navy, Tulane, Temple, USF ?

Reaction Score
OK...we are talking another decade out...
Hypothetical if the ACC decides to disband prior to 2035 , can they nullify the GOR ? Do they need unanimous consent or a simple majority ?
Is the grantee in the GOR the conference or by ESPN?

Reaction Score
1....the grantee is the conference...not ESPN

2...the Grant of Rights may only be modified by an agreement in writing signed by each of the member institutions

Reaction Score
1....the grantee is the conference...not ESPN

2...the Grant of Rights may only be modified by an agreement in writing signed by each of the member institutions
Thanks
Good Luck getting BC , Wake or NCS to sign. That’s like signing your own death certificate.

Reaction Score
I think the ACC could establish itself as the P3 conference by making some strategic moves. Inviting several of UCONN, WVU, Cincy, Temple, Houston, Memphis, Kansas, Baylor, Okie State, Texas Tech. Look, it's not exactly a murderers row of football power additions but if ND joined the ACC, it would have ND, Florida State, Clemson, Miami as the football elite brands and a whole slew of very very good football programs who could win the conference any given year. The ACC would completely lock up the entire east coast and Basketball would absolutely own the tournament. The ACC could thrive if it makes the right decisions. It may not make as much cash in the short term but it would thrive long-term. Why would kids from the southeast go north to the B1G when they can stay in the eastern time zone and play much closer to home. The ACC has a location advantage over the B1G.

TightGenuineGnat-max-1mb.gif

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I don’t know if Mr. Kliavkoff is over his head. He is just spouting the company line. He may be right that nobody else in the PAC xx is going anywhere (for now). But I am sure he is concerned that at least two other schools are attempting to leave. Maybe that is why he is chastising the Big 12 while staying silent with respect to the Big Ten, hoping the Big Ten Presidents are done with the expansion (for now).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't know if it will take 5 or 10 years, but the Big 10 and SEC will not last in a streaming, NIL world. Why would any network pay enough for Rutgers and Indiana to pull out $100 million a year when those teams are going to be buried so far down the standings in the Big 10 that they will never be able to compete. When conferences were 10 teams, there was a path for the teams at the bottom to occasionally have good seasons. There is no path for bottom schools in a 16 or 18 team conference to do that.

Oregon and Washington are going to be more successful on the field than the bottom half of the Big 10, so why wouldn't TV want more of Oregon and Washington and less of Rutgers and Indiana?

Reaction Score
I don't know if it will take 5 or 10 years, but the Big 10 and SEC will not last in a streaming, NIL world. Why would any network pay enough for Rutgers and Indiana to pull out $100 million a year when those teams are going to be buried so far down the standings in the Big 10 that they will never be able to compete. When conferences were 10 teams, there was a path for the teams at the bottom to occasionally have good seasons. There is no path for bottom schools in a 16 or 18 team conference to do that.

Oregon and Washington are going to be more successful on the field than the bottom half of the Big 10, so why wouldn't TV want more of Oregon and Washington and less of Rutgers and Indiana?
I guess everyone needs the Washington Generals, and the UCLA's are willing to sell their services.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom