OT: - Realignment? | Page 53 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

Reaction Score
Interesting article on USC. Are the Trojans the most hated brand in college football?

I'd argue the most hated brand is also the most loved, just like the Yankees and Manchester United...................................................Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
The Notre Dame hatred feels dated (as does the Yankees honestly). It's carryover from earlier generations, but the lack of winning gives it little relevance today. I'm not even sure they were the most hated when they last won their title, as Miami had usurped them. But I was only a kid so that was before my time. Darth Visor and Pete Carroll were the devils when I was growing up. Not sure anyone has matched them since. I guess Alabama, but there is some awe mixed in there that keeps the hatred light.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure what has happened in the past decade from UConn being next in line that was skipped by Louisville to where things stand now, but this list ranks the top ten (actually 11) Group of 5 programs that would be attractive to the ACC, Big 12 or PAC 12. Even Temple made the list for the ACC. UConn didn’t even make the list. Not sure if that’s because UConn is independent in football and technically not Group of 5.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure what has happened in the past decade from UConn being next in line that was skipped by Louisville to where things stand now, but this list ranks the top ten (actually 11) Group of 5 programs that would be attractive to the ACC, Big 12 or PAC 12. Even Temple made the list for the ACC. UConn didn’t even make the list. Not sure if that’s because UConn is independent in football and technically not Group of 5.

It’s because we aren’t G5. No worries. Happy to be on the Indy list instead.

I wish Liberty, UMass and NMSU would join CUSA so it would just be us, ND and Army on the Indy list.

Reaction Score

No worries. Monitoring the situation.

Reaction Score
It’s because we aren’t G5. No worries. Happy to be on the Indy list instead.

I wish Liberty, UMass and NMSU would join CUSA so it would just be us, ND and Army on the Indy list.

Liberty and NMSU are both joining CUSA. UMASS is begging at their door for a football only inclusion. It stinks because scheduling home games in October and November is getting more and more difficult.

It's easy to envision a scenario where we have no choice but to join a G5 league for football only, CUSA being the most likely to offer that to us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Liberty and NMSU are both joining CUSA. UMASS is begging at their door for a football only inclusion. It stinks because scheduling home games in October and November is getting more and more difficult.

It's easy to envision a scenario where we have no choice but to join a G5 league for football only, CUSA being the most likely to offer that to us.
I hope we Don’t join a g5 league… we would make close to nothing in tv money… I think if we play well and fans want to watch us maybe SNY would pay a few million a year… but I think your right if we can’t schedule anyone in October and November we might have too

Reaction Score
Speaking of BORC
why the 3rd best conference instead of the Pig 2?
"there is something to be said for being the big dog in a good league instead of the 17th invitee to a shark tank (and possibly taking a smaller revenue share to join)."

UNC
Clemson
FSU
Miami
Oregon
Washington
Baylor, TCU, or Houston
Stanford
Cal
Okie St
UVA
Utah
AZ St
Cinci
UCF
WVU or Pitt

Reaction Score
The big 12 has started negotiations with fox and espn…can effect the future big east tv contract

Reaction Score
UConn Basketball is important to the Big East basketball conference which intern is not a Bad Deal for Fox
if UConn has to remain independent and is decent , a possible deal to broadcast UConn football with Fox
Could be agreed upon when the new contract is written
If football can remain viable you could really increase your brand
to a national audience .

Reaction Score

Here is an interesting tidbit I had not heard before….Phil Knight has offered to pay the difference in reduced share payouts in the B1G to both Oregon and Stanford…

“Nike founder Phil Knight is said to be aggressively pushing his two alma maters, Oregon (undergrad) and Stanford (biz school), offering for them to take a reduced media rights share that wouldn’t drop the existing membership’s annual payout while covering the balance himself.”

Reaction Score

Here is an interesting tidbit I had not heard before….Phil Knight has offered to pay the difference in reduced share payouts in the B1G to both Oregon and Stanford…

“Nike founder Phil Knight is said to be aggressively pushing his two alma maters, Oregon (undergrad) and Stanford (biz school), offering for them to take a reduced media rights share that wouldn’t drop the existing membership’s annual payout while covering the balance himself.”
That's a plus for NUO, the Nike University of Oregon. Or is it the Knight University of Oregon. Or the Oregon Ducks - Apparel Provided By Nike. like the MSU Spartans presented by Rocket Mortgage.

Reaction Score
"I don’t know what direction we’re going to go; I’m not going to predict. But I do think that expansion always is a potential for our future.”

psssst Gee - northeast

Reaction Score
"I don’t know what direction we’re going to go; I’m not going to predict. But I do think that expansion always is a potential for our future.”

psssst Gee - northeast

Wouldn't the Big 12 for UConn be a little like a return to the AAC...in terms of conference mates ?

With former AAC conference mates...Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis, UCF, Temple, USF, Tulane, East Carolina, Navy.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't the Big 12 for UConn be a little like a return to the AAC...in terms of conference mates ?

With former AAC conference mates...Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis, UCF, Temple, USF, Tulane, East Carolina, Navy.
No. I'm thinking more along the lines of WVU, Kansas, Kansas St, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, BYU, and adding Cinci, Houston and UCF for old times sake.

The PAC 12 and Big 12 should merge and go full MTV Rocks. Throw in some rock concerts and fireworks at half-time, completely opposite of the old school good ol boys club. Some local battle of the bands action. Let Oregon lead the way. It's all marketing so it has to set itself apart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom