CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Incredibly detailed. Well done. :confused:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
they put alot of detail into our write up
I looked up the link thinking "cool - will be nice to see an expert talking about how the kids coming back might do as well as the newbies coming in." Then i got there and it was basically 1 line...

Reaction Score
I looked up the link thinking "cool - will be nice to see an expert talking about how the kids coming back might do as well as the newbies coming in." Then i got there and it was basically 1 line...

I still can't figure out what the heck the line even means.

Reaction Score
Data mining and gathering info about 2013-14 is fun when the speculation leads to a bright forecast for the University of Connecticut hoops team.

Thanks for article.

Reaction Score
I still can't figure out what the heck the line even means.

It was a bad analysis on our Huskies but always useful info to be found on our competition for the National Championship! LOL

Basically the guy is probably trying to say because we had transfers last year it enabled our core returning players for 2013-14 to gain valuable experience in 2012-13. This returning experience puts us in the Top 20 in the writers eyes. Something like that...

Reaction Score
Is it me or are we wildly underrated? Do the other top dams have that much talent returning?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Their model clearly places tremendous value on high school rating of players. There is a lot more to making a team than that!
While 18th is certainly by no means demeaning, we will have one of the top back courts returning and team chemistry will be a big plus...our core players know each other well, have complimentary skills and really learned to trust each other over the course of the season (although hopefully Boat will improve further in that regard).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Smith and Dieng would be crazy to come back to Louisville.

Kentucky is going to be an epic train wreck next year.

I don't get how Duke, Arizona, Ohio State and Florida will all lose huge stars and be Top 10 teams. Add Gonzaga for good measure, because they won't be top 30 without Harris or Olynyk. Florida is the best of the bunch, but a brand new backcourt will struggle.

My Top 10:

1) Georgetown - mega tournament choke notwithstanding, this team gets EVERYONE back. I don't know how deep I would pick them to go in March, but could they finish the regular season 27-4? Sure.

2) Michigan State

3) UNC - this team doesn't play any defense, so this prediction could end up being really, really wrong.

4) Wichita State

5) Marquette - despite the game against UConn, Cadougan had a tendency to hurt Marquette as much as help them. The good players are coming back and the team will play smarter without Cadougan.

6) Arkansas - Everyone is looking at the wrong teams in the SEC. Mike Anderson is one of the best coaches in the country, and everyone important is returning. I expect a big jump next year.

7) Memphis - This team has a lot of athletes, but is not really built to be a top 10 team.

8) UNLV - Bennett will be a 4 year starter at UNLV, because last I checked their are not a lot of overweight 6'8 centers in the NBA. Great college player with no chance of an NBA career.

9) Florida - it feels like a huge stretch putting Florida here.

10) VCU - This team has legit talent.

UConn is not far below this list if it gets everyone back.

Reaction Score
My Top 10:

1) Georgetown - mega tournament choke notwithstanding, this team gets EVERYONE back. I don't know how deep I would pick them to go in March, but could they finish the regular season 27-4? Sure.

theyre gonna lose this porter guy who i hear is pretty good..

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
theyre gonna lose this porter guy who i hear is pretty good..

Didn't sound like it from the last interview I read. Obviously, if they lose him, they drop a bit. they are still in better shape than Duke who loses their top 3 or Arizona who loses 3 of their top 4 or Florida who loses their entire backcourt.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Didn't sound like it from the last interview I read. Obviously, if they lose him, they drop a bit. they are still in better shape than Duke who loses their top 3 or Arizona who loses 3 of their top 4 or Florida who loses their entire backcourt.
Smart money is on him going to the association...... No way he comes back, sure fire lottery pick, he'd be an idiot not to.....especially considering the Ware injury

Reaction Score

I don't get how Duke, Arizona, Ohio State and Florida will all lose huge stars and be Top 10 teams. Add Gonzaga for good measure, because they won't be top 30 without Harris or Olynyk. Florida is the best of the bunch, but a brand new backcourt will struggle.

My Top 10:

2) Michigan State

3) UNC - this team doesn't play any defense, so this prediction could end up being really, really wrong.

4) Wichita State

5) Marquette - despite the game against UConn, Cadougan had a tendency to hurt Marquette as much as help them. The good players are coming back and the team will play smarter without Cadougan.

6) Arkansas - Everyone is looking at the wrong teams in the SEC. Mike Anderson is one of the best coaches in the country, and everyone important is returning. I expect a big jump next year.

7) Memphis - This team has a lot of athletes, but is not really built to be a top 10 team.

8) UNLV - Bennett will be a 4 year starter at UNLV, because last I checked their are not a lot of overweight 6'8 centers in the NBA. Great college player with no chance of an NBA career.

Dude Arkansas lost Young and Powell. They both declared early.

Reaction Score

My Top 10:

2) Michigan State

4) Wichita State

Holy crap Nelson this list is a joke, I seriously hope you were kidding with this. Nobody can actually be this clueless.

Reaction Score
Holy crap Nelson this list is a joke, I seriously hope you were kidding with this. Nobody can actually be this clueless.

Nelson must think its April 1, 2013? OMG!

Let me check my calender!

I do like VCU next year and think their recruiting class is underrated. Burgess and Mo Allie Cox sat out last year so they will add solid depth to go along with their 2013 class. VCU will have the depth they didn't have this year for Havoc plus add a good 5 in the 2013 class.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Yeah, I think he might want to take another crack at that list once he brushes up in the NBA early entry list and, well, reality.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

I never like to rag on a fellow boneyarder, but you should hardly hold anything Nelson says as informative. Either he's 12 years old or he just doesn't have a clue

Reaction Score
Bennett overweight? The dude's a monster and can run the floor like a gazelle for his size, what are you thinking nelson?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

It's basically the same list as ESPN, adding GTown (because Porter hasn't declared yet) and pulling out a few big name schools that either had huge losses or will have huge losses. Didn't see the two guys from Arkansas declaring, and the fact that it looks like Powell is not coming back.

If you are going to say something like this, provide your own list. Otherwise, STFU.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I never like to rag on a fellow boneyarder, but you should hardly hold anything Nelson says as informative. Either he's 12 years old or he just doesn't have a clue

What's your list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#