2021 Recruiting: - Rahsool Diggins Commits to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Rahsool Diggins Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sool first, Samson second. That’s a lot of momentum going into August.

Then it may be time for Kenya to get in the board with an assist.

Good times ahead. I knew Danny Hurley would upgrade the talent here, but this has been pretty incredible.

Reaction Score
1595818286565.gif

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Ok let’s not get crazy. JC was at Northeastern then took over a UConn team who lived in the cellar of the Big East with little recruiting power. UConns name is here because of JC and Hurley’s taking full advantage of what the program is and was. Great job but not happening without JC and it wasn’t close to 25 years for him to build it.

Nonetheless this staff is getting it done, very exciting to see who’s next.
Also not like it’s DH first year coaching. This is what for him, year 10? Not taking anything away from DH, I fully expect him to bring a Natty or two home, but don’t downplay JC.

Reaction Score
TM and DH didn't start recruiting him until December, 2019, and got his commitment in less than 7 months. That is beyond special when you take the Catholic League Player of the Year from Villanova's home town.

"Mosco, who has coached dozens of Division I players, said UConn wasn’t interested in Diggins early on, but things changed when they saw him play in a seven-overtime game against Pope Paul VI last December.

“And then Tommy [Moore] said, ‘we’ve got to recruit this guy,’ and they started recruiting him,” Mosco said.

Reaction Score
Love, Love, LOVE this staff. Great leader at the top, but he also was brilliant in the way he put this entire coaching staff together. It is freaking awesome to have a top staff again. And what can you say about Tom Moore? The man proves once again that he is flat out one of the best assistant coach recruiters in the entire nation... just as he was under Calhoun.

These guys are straight out Assassins... It's one thing to take a couple of guys from the Nose Picker... It's quite another to take one from the 2-time National Championship coach who has become one of the most revered coaches in all of college basketball... from HIS city... and the Catholic League.

WOW. We ARE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They going to be HATING us really soon... and themselves for letting us back in. :cool:

Welcome Rahsool!... I am so much looking forward to watching you grow into a dominant force in the Big East and far beyond over the next 3 to 4 years starting in the Fall of 2021!

Reaction Score
Unable to make visits, Diggins did several Zoom calls and virtual visits with the UConn staff in May, June and July, and got a feel for a campus with “no distractions,” he said.

There was a time when our rural status was viewed as a negative when we were recruiting city kids but now, with the virus and the crime in the larger cities, the dearth of "distractions" may be a real positive.

Reaction Score
How do we think he compares to El Ellis who we were going after? Better passer and floor general, but slightly less athletic? Also curious - he seems to be the better of the two, but was he only heavily pursued after Ellis fell through?

Reaction Score
Apparently per this article they said he could start as a freshman. Makes me curious who coaches think may be here his freshman year. (Cole, Bouk (I’m anticipating gone), Jackson, etc)

"They said he has a chance to start as a freshman."

How you phrased this is kind of misleading. Probably not intentional or anything. The coaches aren't making promises they can't keep. All this means is they said "the best players get minutes. If you work hard it might be you."

Bouk is gone early. I highly doubt Cole does. Not big or athletic enough. Andre has a chance to be 1 and done but I would say it's pretty minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom