2021 Recruiting: - Rahsool Diggins Commits to UConn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Rahsool Diggins Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What I think is really interesting about the way we're recruiting is that each player has a clear skill set and value they can bring to the team day 1 as they take time to adjust to college basketball.

Sanogo -- Rebounding.
Diggins -- Passing.
Gaffney -- Passing.
Andre -- Transition/athletic dunking (ballhandling and passing at his size is a +++ too)
Akok -- shotblocking
Bouk -- well, he is good at a lot of things, but you get the idea.

Yeah, they're obviously better at a lot more than just these 1 skills. But these are skills that are/were immediately D1 ready so they can contribute to the team as they improve the rest of their game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Thomas line was a joke about the days when it seemed that Fudgy would mention Thomas every time Free grabbed a rebound or scored.
Kinda like the old farts here bringing up JC whenever anyone expresses enthusiasm for DH.

Reaction Score
Kinda like the old farts here bringing up JC whenever anyone expresses enthusiasm for DH.
Yeah, it’s not real appropriate. You will be very fortunate to win 1 National Championship with DH. 2 is a huge mountain. Look at all the good programs that haven’t won one. Indiana hasn’t in decades.

The first step is be competitive. I think UConn is there. Then compete in the top of the conference and be a tournament regular. That’s next for UConn.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, it’s not real appropriate. You will be very fortunate to win 1 National Championship with DH. 2 is a huge mountain. Look at all the good programs that haven’t won one. Indiana hasn’t in decades.
Old timers remember when UConn held the record for most berths in the Big Dance without making the Final Four. Even JC had to take several gut punches before he made his first. That was a great ride. And we could be on another one, I'm enjoying it.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Was UConn in Jensen's final five?
We didn't enjoy the kind of info sharing then we do now. No idea about final fives and such. But there was supposed to be mutual interest early on.

But I have held a grudge against Nova ever since.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Speaking of being old, I think of this signing as payback, (finally) for Rollie stealing Harold Jensen out of our back yard.
John Pinone, if IRC was a CT kid. Perno had wanted him badly (so did I).
[/QUOTE]
From Hartford. In those days, that was the other side of the world from me.
But Jensen was in the next town over, and I saw him play a # of times. Great shooter with a nose for the ball.

Reaction Score
Speaking of being old, I think of this signing as payback, (finally) for Rollie stealing Harold Jensen out of our back yard.
[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score

The first step is be competitive. I think UConn is there. Then compete in the top of the conference and be a tournament regular. That’s next for UConn.
100% on all of this. People don't realize how difficult it is to reach the Final Four once let alone win the NC. To do it multiple times, my goodness, we have a demanding fan base, but it just goes to show you the greatness of Calhoun. I put Mr GQ (I think Gus Johnson calls him that), Jay Wright is right there among the elite coaches now and of the past-no one is looking down on him.

Right now, I just want UConn to make the tourney with regularity. Covid 19 has been so bad and put people in crisis if not outright killed them-those are the harsh realities. Just speaking as a sports fan, which is much less important than the harsh realities of Covid 19 I just mentioned, not finishing the last season hurt. I think UConn would've made the NIT for sure or even NCAA by getting to the AAC final (not necessarily winning it).

Reaction Score
100% on all of this. People don't realize how difficult it is to reach the Final Four once let alone win the NC. To do it multiple times, my goodness, we have a demanding fan base, but it just goes to show you the greatness of Calhoun. I put Mr GQ (I think Gus Johnson calls him that), Jay Wright is right there among the elite coaches now and of the past-no one is looking down on him.

Right now, I just want UConn to make the tourney with regularity. Covid 19 has been so bad and put people in crisis if not outright killed them-those are the harsh realities. Just speaking as a sports fan, which is much less important than the harsh realities of Covid 19 I just mentioned, not finishing the last season hurt. I think UConn would've made the NIT for sure or even NCAA by getting to the AAC final (not necessarily winning it).
Tough finish to the season for Nova as well. You have to be thankful for the years when you have a shot in the tournament. There is never a true favorite to win it all (bet the field against any 1 team), but there are really only 10 teams or so that have a real shot in most years. Nova had a shot to contend last season. This season too.

Bey lost his shot last year. If JRE loses his shot this year it will also be a lost opportunity.

For UConn fans, 40 and over especially, you are playing with house money. Your team has already achieved greatness and won multiple titles. You may die in peace. Winning another under DH in a complete rebuild would be extraordinary. How many programs have national titles under 3 different coaches?

Reaction Score
Tough finish to the season for Nova as well. You have to be thankful for the years when you have a shot in the tournament. There is never a true favorite to win it all (bet the field against any 1 team), but there are really only 10 teams or so that have a real shot in most years. Nova had a shot to contend last season. This season too.

Bey lost his shot last year. If JRE loses his ;) this year it will also be a lost opportunity.

For UConn fans, 40 and over especially, you are playing with house money. Your team has already achieved greatness and won multiple titles. You may die in peace. Winning another under DH in a complete rebuild would be extraordinary. How many programs have national titles under 3 different coaches?

That’s a great question. Will be great to do it!;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Bey lost his shot last year. If JRE loses his shot this year it will also be a lost opportunity.

One of the things I like most about joining the Big East is the opportunity to play Nova 3 times a year. They are among the best nation this year.

Reaction Score
[/QUOTE]
Also Harold Pressely from St Bernards in Uncasville/Montville.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
We didn't enjoy the kind of info sharing then we do now. No idea about final fives and such. But there was supposed to be mutual interest early on.

But I have held a grudge against Nova ever since.
Got it.

Reaction Score
[/QUOTE]
When I was a kid I used to describe the nose picker as a Perno with talent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1595888394707.png

Okay that's out of my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members