Raegan Beers to UConn or OU | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Raegan Beers to UConn or OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
She would be great but what impact will it have on all the other talented front court players of SC? Joyce Edwards will expect to play a lot of minutes. THe only big that SC lost was Cardoso...
Yea I actually think it would be a case of diminishing returns for SC and Kiki, so as a UConn fan I wouldn’t mind seeing it. Better there and only playing 15-20 minutes making South Carolina marginally better than at Notre Dame or USC where she could make those teams contenders.

Reaction Score
Uconn has a COLOSSAL need for a talented 6'4" post player in the mix! Someone that can be a defensive and rebounding presence under the hoop; if that player can also provide a dozen points per game, in addition to the dozen rebounds, all the better!

If this player doesn't turn out to be Reagan Beers, then they need to find another talented 6'4" post player to join the roster for next season. Jana El Alfy, although being with the team for almost 2-yrs now, has never played a single minute. The only videos I've seen of her, suggest that she is an outstanding shooter from the outside, but not necessarily a "Post 'em up, Push 'em around, Power Presence under the hoop" type of player to begin with, and she is coming off a very serious leg injury which may result in additional apprehensions of playing that big, strong, power, interior role. UConn's other choice for the center position is Patterson, who is also inexperienced and unproven, and is coming off of a leg injury as well! Those two have the potential, but then again, the potential of getting squashed.

Who else does the team have? One of the concerns that Geno had last season was that Ice Brady was so apprehensive of the interior power role. So, who else; Caroline? No, that is not going to be her role for certain. No matter what happens, with or without Beers on the team, Uconn needs to get some proven/experienced help at the power position!
Sarah Strong on the defensive end should be a power rebounder.

Reaction Score
Playing time could be high on her goals. That being said, she would probably play more at Oklahoma than UConn. She would be a big deal at Oklahoma.

I’m 50/50 on this one. Depends on her goals and we have no idea what they are.
Geno doesn't use a deep bench in big games usually.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I dont have to tell you this. Any girl that has the chance to play for Geno and his staff and his team and doesnt well I dont think thats a smart decision. Beers and Chen come to UConn is WCBB biggest scare. UConn would be back on top for a long time and frankly imo if UConn were healthy the past 3 years you wouldnt be hearin so much about other teams Why? Just look and then see without all those kids on the bench and UConn was in the FF An unbelievable accomplishment

Reaction Score
My early sense of how next year is shaping up is that UConn and South Carolina will be the top team teams, with a pretty wide gap between them and number 3.
I think Iriafen’s destination might be in the mix.

Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe that an assistant coach would elevate the Sooners over the opportunity to play for a potential national championship team, in the Basketball Capital of the World, for a coaching staff with an unequalled ability to develop WNBA ready pros.
I'm a Uconn fan for 60 years. I too, whine I lived in Oklahoma (Yukon), I was a huge fan of OU and OSU. They are the center of their universe as is Uconn is for their Fans. I sincerely hope UConn gets Beers. I'd rather OU than LSU. With Beers Geno has a 90 /10 chance of another NC. She is that Missing Piece.

Reaction Score
My early sense of how next year is shaping up is that UConn and South Carolina will be the top team teams, with a pretty wide gap between them and number 3.
giggles in USC and UCLA

In any event, I hope we give Dauda a good, long look

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
not surprising if Oklahoma is willing to bring in Beer's former assistant head coach at Oregon State to entice her.........those kinds of moves will never happen at UConn under Geno's watch.........
I understand her favoritism towards her former assistant coach over having 2 HOF coaches, with 11 NCs, as her coaches at UConn.:):rolleyes:

sarcasm......

Reaction Score
I believe that Beers has a way better chance at NILs and the WNBA if she came to Uconn. She will have better competition going up against Jana, Ice, and Paterson during practices and have the opportunity to be coached by a HOF coach who almost always has players drafted in the W.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I believe that Beers has a way better chance at NILs and the WNBA if she came to Uconn. She will have better competition going up against Jana, Ice, and Paterson during practices and have the opportunity to be coached by a HOF coach who almost always has players drafted in the W.
Oklahoma football makes a ton of money. The NIL there has to be significant. However, Geno has said he doesn’t recruit players that are just looking for NIL

Reaction Score
Oklahoma football makes a ton of money. The NIL there has to be significant. However, Geno has said he doesn’t recruit players that are just looking for NIL
You think Oklahoma is giving money to women's basketball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom