Raegan Beers to UConn or OU | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Raegan Beers to UConn or OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While WBB players may not be making the BIG NIL BUCKS just yet, rest assured it’s coming.
You are correct!’
It has probably already started with the sec schools
They see the $ potential with wbb based on the explosion of popularity this year

Reaction Score
Better not sleep on Texas! Vic has that team on the verge of greatness! Harmon and Booker are legitimate stars and he’s surrounding them with good players. Talented players plus a great coach equals a potential championship!
Agree but that’s assuming Harmon who had acl surgery in Jan is 100 percent

Reaction Score
The question is whether Southern Cal (or UCLA) has the coaching to get “ over the hump.”
Well usc got to the elite 8 and the talent next year
Will be improved
Imho they were poorly coached this year and we’re very close to a final four

Reaction Score
Yes. There is an “ arms race” for collective money for football. I am not convinced that Alabama and tOSU extend that arms race to wbb. vol wbb fans have been moaning that their wbb collective is tiny while it’s football collective pays out millions.

I remain unconvinced about the mega dollars being paid to women’s basketball players by the collectives. Endorsement? Yes. Boston, Paige, Clark, Angel etc are making megabucks but a school can’t recruit based upon those outside sources. It can only tell players what can be paid by the collectives. I hope others are, like SCar, paying its players equal amounts.

If all this collective money is out there, why didn’t LSU buy Strong, Edwards and Cambridge? Especially considering that SCar “only” pays 25k.
I suspect that some players "cannot be bought".

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Oklahoma football makes a ton of money. The NIL there has to be significant. However, Geno has said he doesn’t recruit players that are just looking for NIL
I have been watching many OU softball games this season and NIL benefits are not being talked about. And over the last 10 years or so, they have been considered the UConn of softball, currently on a 3 peat CWS winning streak.

Reaction Score
I know there is no way to back up this statement, which will come across as hyperbole or even downright home bias, but the addition of Beers would arguably give UConn the best 5 (Beers), 4 (Strong) and 2/1 (Bueckers) in the entire country. And that is not to down play the rest of the roster which is as elite as it gets.
With this many excellent guards on the roster , there is diminishing returns on adding more, even adding a top notch guard is not going to adding more unless you choose to play 5-guards on court like Villanova sometimes did.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
UConn wants her but she won't make or break our season.
I’d rather find out with her. She actually might be the player that makes us, a true and proven post and even out a possible weakness against strong teams with good offensive rebounding. None of our other players exactly fit that role and/or are coming off a full missed season.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Well usc got to the elite 8 and the talent next year
Will be improved
Imho they were poorly coached this year and we’re very close to a final four
With that poor coaching they went 29-6 and stood 64-65 v UConn in elite 8 game with 4:35 left to play.

Reaction Score
As the “to Beers or not to Beers” question rages on, I’m far more anxious and interested in seeing Jana play for the first time in a UCONN uniform.. also equally interested in seeing how Ash, KK, Q, and even Ice develop over the off season..

Reaction Score
As the “to Beers or not to Beers” question rages on, I’m far more anxious and interested in seeing Jana play for the first time in a UCONN uniform.. also equally interested in seeing how Ash, KK, Q, and even Ice develop over the off season..
Yup, and wondering how Raegan might fit in with this group, especially Jana and Sarah, is way more interesting than NIL NIL NIL NIL blah blah blah.

If Geno goes twin towers, with Jana and Raegan on the floor together, he'll want to have a speedy 1-3 on the floor with them, maybe Paige KK and Morgan, or Azzi Aubrey Allie. Shoot the lights out from the perimeter and Raegan and Jana will feast inside.

Reaction Score
With that poor coaching they went 29-6 and stood 64-65 v UConn in elite 8 game with 4:35 left to play.
The point I was trying to make (perhaps not very well) what is that juju? Watkins is such an exceptional talent that even with what I considered to be poor coaching. They were very close to being in the final four.
Adding the players that they’ve recruited, and the possibility of some very strong, transfers, talent alone will make them one of the top two or three teams in the country

Reaction Score
Yup, and wondering how Raegan might fit in with this group, especially Jana and Sarah, is way more interesting than NIL NIL NIL NIL blah blah blah.

If Geno goes twin towers, with Jana and Raegan on the floor together, he'll want to have a speedy 1-3 on the floor with them, maybe Paige KK and Morgan, or Azzi Aubrey Allie. Shoot the lights out from the perimeter and Raegan and Jana will feast inside.
Maybe, but while I too like the thought of Raegan and Jana together on the floor, and think it would work well, what really is exciting is then using Sarah at the 3 with Paige and Azzi at the 1/2. We haven't had a really big lineup for a while, and Sarah has perimeter shooting and passing skills, and Jana has perimeter and ball handling/driving skills as well.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe, but while I too like the thought of Raegan and Jana together on the floor, and think it would work well, what really is exciting is then using Sarah at the 3 with Paige and Azzi at the 1/2. We haven't had a really big lineup for a while, and Sarah has perimeter shooting and passing skills, and Jana has perimeter and ball handling/driving skills as well.
Seductive thought, but that would be a slowed down line-up.

Reaction Score
I hope we have a Plan B for a portal big, if for no other reason than insurance, but hoping for a real contributor.

It’d be sad if they put all their eggs in one basket. Aside from Iriafen (who very likely isn’t coming to UConn), it doesn't look like any other bigs are on their radar. I can think of a few who could be impactful.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It’d be sad if they put all their eggs in one basket. Aside from Iriafen (who very likely isn’t coming to UConn), it doesn't look like any other bigs are on their radar. I can think of a few who could be impactful.
We have no idea which players may or may not be on the radar. Except for Kaitlyn Chen maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom