Qudus Wahab | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Qudus Wahab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The other day you said more than 2, is that still the case?
Hurkmley wants as much upgraded talent as possible but it will be hard enough getting two more guys who will have a major impact next year so I'm guessing that's it.

Reaction Score
I said I wouldn't express my frustration if he didn't choose UCONN. Ah, to hell with it-

He will regret that choice.

Reaction Score
Have to imagine at least one of Georgetown’s already committed centers might choose to go elsewhere.

Reaction Score
We flopped on Kofi and Qudus. Mitchell just never really looked like an option to me. Precious or Grad transfer it is.

Reaction Score
If that's the case, Georgetown will have more Centers than Guards next year. Bizarre, but maybe that's the Ewing way.

That’s what I was thinking. What’s the method behind assigning schollies to so many young big guys

Reaction Score
Right. If you can contribute to the team, I don't care how old you are or where you came from.

[+ Friend]

I don't know how it works in CBB but at least in CFB coaches prefer 4 year recruits to JUCO guys simply because it's 'easier' to get an 18-year old lump of clay molded to fit your program requirements than it is to ask a 20-year old kid who's already been through the, ahem, 'ringer' so to speak to adapt and adjust to what you want. There's also sometimes a perception that kids who signed with 4-year school X and transferred out after a year to JUCO did so for 'me' reasons and therefore would present more of a coaching challenge than you'd otherwise like. Alternatively if the kid had to take the JUCO route because of eligibility issues you'd get into the whole 'character' thing yadda yadda yadda.

But CFB is different in that these kids have to generally complete three years of involuntary servitude before having the privilege of being eligible to not select your first professional employer while college basketball requires only one; so it's not really the same scenario; also individuals can affect the outcome of a basketball game much more than any one football player. So I can't think of a good reason Hurley wouldn't seriously consider JUCO guys at least in the early stages while he's still defining his program culture and play style.

Unless, of course, there are APR considerations infecting the analysis where you might be concerned about a transfer's ability to uphold academic standards.

Reaction Score
Cue the outrage for a kid wanting to play for a Hall of Fame NBA Center.
So people can't criticize the kid for signing up to compete with three (or is it four) other guys at his position? Excuse us Mr. Superfan. BTW, great players don't often make great coaches and great coaches rarely make great GMs. The opposite is also true.

Reaction Score
This isn’t the end of the world. Would’ve been a great get but he wouldn’t have started over Carlton his freshman or sophomore year. Get a grad transfer big for next year then go all in on a big man for 2020. I’m not stressing over this one... best of luck to Qudus

Reaction Score
That’s what I was thinking. What’s the method behind assigning schollies to so many young big guys

Chiming in to explain from a Gtown perspective. We have 5 scholarships for this class and are expected to lose all 3 centers currently on the roster by the end of next year, and are already very thin at that position this year. Basically, we need big men, defensive big men in particular.

The two freshman centers we have coming in next year are projects who aren't expected to play/provide minutes for a couple of years. One of which is expected to redshirt. We have a sophomore transfer to play center next year but he will need a back up and is expected to go pro after the season, leaving us with two guys who may just start being useable (but no guarantees) the following year. Essentially we needed someone for the frontcourt who is further along so the center projects can develop at their own speed.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
3 for 5

In general, I love following recruiting, but some of you make it so hard to do so.

* oh fer big men. Not oh fer pittsburgh. Im thankful.

Reaction Score
* oh fer big men. Not oh fer pittsburgh. Im thankful.
Oh fer for a center. Akok is a front court player. Find a mature tough big grad transfer and move on to 2020. That’s if tre Mitchell stays in school

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We flopped on Kofi and Qudus. Mitchell just never really looked like an option to me. Precious or Grad transfer it is.

No one should be putting their eggs into the Precious basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom