Qudus Wahab | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Qudus Wahab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I want him to pick 'Cuse--even though I hate them--just to blow minds and have one of these things go down unpredictably for once.

Reaction Score
I think some members of the BY will crap in their pants if Wahab chooses us. I for one am not holding my breath. Move on and the staff needs to convince Mitchell to commit. Waiting for PA to make a decision is not worth it. The JUCO route has slim pickings. Carrigan seems to be the only choice and he is bad news IMO. I don't want another DO type player from the grad route. like Chief says WE NEED A BIG!

Reaction Score
I think some members of the BY will crap in their pants if Wahab chooses us. I for one am not holding my breath. Move on and the staff needs to convince Mitchell to commit. Waiting for PA to make a decision is not worth it. The JUCO route has slim pickings. Carrigan seems to be the only choice and he is bad news IMO. I don't want another DO type player from the grad route. like Chief says WE NEED A BIG!
Technically all we need is backup to Carlton on the grad route. I don't think that will be hard to find. We are set for PF and Center next year with Carlton and Akok. I know people are wanting to replace Carlton next year but I just don't see it happening and with his improvement this year I can see him being a real force in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Technically all we need is backup to Carlton on the grad route. I don't think that will be hard to find. We are set for PF and Center next year with Carlton and Akok. I know people are wanting to replace Carlton next year but I just don't see it happening and with his improvement this year I can see him being a real force in the AAC.
Besides a junior Carlton will be better than a freshman Wahab anyway.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So you're saying that Kohi, Wahab and Mitchell are not picking us because of lack of playing time opportunities here?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

Its looking like our best bet is for Josh to become the BIG. He is needs to learn not to foul/stay on floor and continue his development. He's got a chance, I think. Why not.

We do need a pretty solid backup at center though.

Reaction Score
So you're saying that Kohi, Wahab and Mitchell are not picking us because of lack of playing time opportunities here?
I just saying they aren't picking us period. They are probably still not certain the direction that Uconn basketball is going even though we trust in Hurley. Not every player is going to buy into going to Uconn and Hurley is more known for having good guards and SF's on his teams.

Reaction Score
We won't be looking JUCO.

I'd say it'll be almost 100% grad transfer or bust assuming Mitchell/Achiuwa don't come.

Which is to say - it'll be a grad transfer.

Reaction Score
We aren't even close to set at pf and center. We should be adding two bigs.

Reaction Score
Its looking like our best bet is for Josh to become the BIG. He is needs to learn not to foul/stay on floor and continue his development. He's got a chance, I think.

I think he'll be serviceable, but I don't expect him to be a significant anything, here. Hopefully that happens of course, I just haven't seen enough to feel confident in that. We need a major talent upgrade.

I mean it's not ideal and it's not good to be missing out on the Wahab/Kofi types, BUT

-Achiuwa/Mitchell are still out there.
-If it's a decent grad transfer, we can still take a step forward even though it's not ideal
-We're basically set at guard for the next 3-4 years.

So... who knows. I like where we're at.

Reaction Score
We won't be looking JUCO.

I'd say it'll be almost 100% grad transfer or bust assuming Mitchell/Achiuwa don't come.

Which is to say - it'll be a grad transfer.
What?

Reaction Score
Is Hurley watching juco games for fun? Between watching juco games for fun and watching Precious for fun, this guy sure loves basketball

No one has fun recruiting JUCO kids.

Reaction Score
What?

I don't think we're getting either. Achiuwa is a 'who knows' - Mitchell looks like he's going to stay in school. I hope i'm wrong, I just don't think there's any strong indication they're coming here at all.

Reaction Score
I agree with a back up but a quality one at that. I also believe Carlton will be a force moving on to his last 2 years. unfortunately there are members on the BY that are very impatient. I still want Mitchell if we don't get QW. Mitchell can play the 4 or 5

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
We aren't even close to set at pf and center. We should be adding two bigs.
It boggles my mind how people think we are just content to roll out frosh Akok and Carlton next year with worse players backing them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom