Qudus Wahab | The Boneyard

Qudus Wahab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn men notebook: Alterique Gilbert still being evaluated; Qudus Wahab set to decide - Hartford Courant
UConn will find out Wednesday at 4 p.m. if one of the front-court players its coaches have coveted will be joining their Class of 2019 recruits. Qudus Wahab, 6-10 center/forward at Flint Hill School in Virginia, will make his college choice.

The Huskies had Wahab on campus for an official visit in October, during the weekend of First Night, with Akok Akok, who has since committed and enrolled at UConn. Wahab’s final five schools include Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Pitt and Georgetown. UConn coaches planned to see Wahab once more before his decision.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Hm

Attachments

• B73C4461-D364-4137-AAB9-65E8FE5945E5.png
    B73C4461-D364-4137-AAB9-65E8FE5945E5.png
    852.6 KB · Views: 751
Reaction Score
I have a source who said over the weekend that it was pretty much a done deal to GTown.

Reaction Score
I have a source who said over the weekend that it was pretty much a done deal to GTown.
Gtown probably the favorite, but you’d think if it was a done deal, a lot more crystal ball picks would be coming in for them. I honestly think no one really knows for sure outside of himself and his close friends and family.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
It was Georgetown a while ago.

Let’s work on Mitchell.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Those Pitt accounts have been saying that for like a week and I have no clue where they’re getting their info from.
Those Pitt “insider” accounts have gotten increasingly annoying as the season has gone on and Pitt has missed on 2019 prospects. My hope is that if Wahab doesn’t choose the good guys he doesn’t choose them either.

Reaction Score
If that's the case, Georgetown will have more Centers than Guards next year. Bizarre, but maybe that's the Ewing way.

Reaction Score
Those Pitt “insider” accounts have gotten increasingly annoying as the season has gone on and Pitt has missed on 2019 prospects. My hope is that if Wahab doesn’t choose the good guys he doesn’t choose them either.
I honestly think it’s just gotten to the point where they’re celebrating being in second place.

They’re just following the crystal ball and passing it off as inside information.

Reaction Score
They're literally pushing recruits away from Pitt with their twitter accounts.
That poor dude Duval Simmonds has taken so much crap from Pitt fans for no reason. He’s a respected guy who has, if anything, stood up against a lot of the shady AAU stuff.

I have gotten in arguments with that exact Pitt fan. Maybe it’s time for another round.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
How to effectively market your program on social media to prospective recruits: Cue the music making short highlight videos of the players recent games with the husky logo

How to turn players off from your program on social media:

Reaction Score
I get why post players would want to play for Ewing but at what cost? Is there a limit to how many post players can already be on the team before a recruit says, "would love to play for Ewing but they have too many post players already."

The kid can do what he wants but, to me, it isn't a wise choice. Yeah, I know, he probably thinks he will win the starting spot. Confidence is great but the more guys you compete against, the higher the probability gets that you won't play much.

Reaction Score
Don’t worry, Pitt fans. I’m sure you’ll get a 2019 recruit someday.

And Pitt fans can say all the bad things they want about “handlers,” but a center wanting to play for Patrick Ewing is hardly surprising.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score

The guy they’re referencing in this tweet runs what amounts to a Pitt fan blog masquerading as a news source down here. No one really takes him seriously.

Pitt fans are a joke. Pittsburgh is a pro town and Pitt only gets attention when they’re winning, outside of a small group of diehards who spend their calendar year calling talk shows insisting that (insert QB here) is the next coming of Marino. They ran Dixon out of town due to an overinflated sense of self importance and now that has trickled down to recruiting where they legitimately believe they are in on every kid and call “cheater” on anyone who goes elsewhere. Let that place burn.

Reaction Score
UConn men notebook: Alterique Gilbert still being evaluated; Qudus Wahab set to decide - Hartford Courant
UConn will find out Wednesday at 4 p.m. if one of the front-court players its coaches have coveted will be joining their Class of 2019 recruits. Qudus Wahab, 6-10 center/forward at Flint Hill School in Virginia, will make his college choice.

The Huskies had Wahab on campus for an official visit in October, during the weekend of First Night, with Akok Akok, who has since committed and enrolled at UConn. Wahab’s final five schools include Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Pitt and Georgetown. UConn coaches planned to see Wahab once more before his decision.

For someone more knowledgeable on recruiting, does this mean they couldn't see him one more time due to scheduling challenges, Wahab telling the staff not to bother, the staff just not prioritizing him, or some combination of these options?

Reaction Score
Not sure if I've ever felt less confident about a recruit whose top 5 we are in. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised...

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Georgetown makes the most sense. I’ll be interested to see where we go from here, as a renewed push on Mitchell would make the most sense but that’s been another strange recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom