Qudus Wahab | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Qudus Wahab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They'll LOOK at JUCO guys.

I'd be *stunned* if they actually took one over any freshman/grad transfer option. I think we're less likely to have a JUCO transfer on the team than our recruiting chances at Achiuwa and Mitchell are.

I think if it's not one of them, it's going to be a guy with an actual D1 track record. There's no way they're burning multiple years on a scholarship for a guy who might get recruited right out of town by September.

Reaction Score
I was trying to make a passing quip. You said we will not be looking JUCO. It has been reported that we have been looking JUCO. The end.

Ah okay I read my post again. I see how you think that. I should have typed 'won't look to fill that spot with a JUCO player'. Sorry.

I didn't mean they won't look at it all. I'm sure they will, I just think when it comes down to it - JUCO is probably a 'break in case of emergency' scenario at best right now.

Reaction Score
I don't think we're getting either. Achiuwa is a 'who knows' - Mitchell looks like he's going to stay in school. I hope i'm wrong, I just don't think there's any strong indication they're coming here at all.
I was more talking about your Juco comment.

Also, for all the people who continue to think we are just looking to fill one spot, we are looking to fill two.

Reaction Score
Really not feeling another David Onuorah tho
051B957B-2538-49B2-811D-A3026DB4F76C.gif

Reaction Score
I just saying they aren't picking us period. They are probably still not certain the direction that Uconn basketball is going even though we trust in Hurley. Not every player is going to buy into going to Uconn and Hurley is more known for having good guards and SF's on his teams.

Sure, but Biruta, Martin, Iverson, and Langevine aren’t a bad start for an A10 team.

They’re not going to reach for a ‘19 that they’re not sold on who could potentially take up a scholarship spot for 4 years.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I was more talking about your Juco comment.

Also, for all the people who continue to think we are just looking to fill one spot, we are looking to fill two.
The other day you said more than 2, is that still the case?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
No one has fun recruiting JUCO kids.

The weird anti-JUCO shtick you’ve got going is just that...weird. Like that time you made some pretty uncool and unsubstantiated insinuations about Kwintin’s character being the reason he went the JUCO route. Funky all around.

As others have noted, Hurley’s recent activity and history at Wagner/URI indicates that he isn’t buying what you’re selling.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
The weird anti-JUCO shtick you’ve got going is just that...weird. Like that time you made some pretty uncool and unsubstantiated insinuations about Kwintin’s character being the reason he went the JUCO route. Funky all around.

As others have noted, Hurley’s recent activity and history at Wagner/URI indicates that he isn’t buying what you’re selling.

Right. If you can contribute to the team, I don't care how old you are or where you came from.

[+ Friend]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog