Qudus Wahab | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Qudus Wahab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish him luck. but it doesn't make much sense to me.

Again, just to jump in, he is the only Georgetown freshman that would be getting minutes next year and we are losing 3 of the 4 players that play in the front court next year. With Ewing playing favoring a 9-10 man rotation, there will be plenty of playing time for him next year and will likely be starting by year 2.

Reaction Score
Ewing is hoarding centers. It's really strange.

Actually its probably a good strategy. They have a history of producing bigs. If he can get a bunch of bigs and one of them comes out and turns into a decent pro, it helps him get more and better bigs in the future.

Reaction Score
Oh well. Looks like GT's roster is looking good for the next 2/3 years with Akinjo/McClung/Wahab and the other 2 commits for next year in the front court.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So people can't criticize the kid for signing up to compete with three (or is it four) other guys at his position? Excuse us Mr. Superfan. BTW, great players don't often make great coaches and great coaches rarely make great GMs. The opposite is also true.

Knock yourself out. I doubt Wahab cares too much about his playing time prospects from the eyes of jaded UConn fans.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually its probably a good strategy.
Positionless basketball. Why not play 5 centers? Am I right?

Wish Wahab well but he's dead to me now.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So people can't criticize the kid for signing up to compete with three (or is it four) other guys at his position? Excuse us Mr. Superfan. BTW, great players don't often make great coaches and great coaches rarely make great GMs. The opposite is also true.

You really need to learn how to handle it when recruits commit to schools other than UConn. It will continue to happen for many years to come. Dealing with adversity is a very important life skill that will help you beyond sports fandom.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While I understand that landing a good big man is as difficult as a mission to Mars, what are our chances of getting at least a decent Carlton level player to go with him for next year?

Reaction Score
While I understand that landing a good big man is as difficult as a mission to Mars, what are our chances of getting at least a decent Carlton level player to go with him for next year?

I'd take Tre Mitchell and Chol Marial in a second, but Precious should be #1 priority..not sure on our chances

Reaction Score
I'd take Tre Mitchell and Chol Marial in a second, but Precious should be #1 priority..not sure on our chances
When was the last time we landed a big man? (Besides Brimah)

Reaction Score
When was the last time we landed a big man? (Besides Brimah)
Centers? Since Hasheem it's basically been Brimah, the guy who was transitioning, Enoch, and Josh.

Reaction Score
The weird anti-JUCO shtick you’ve got going is just that...weird. Like that time you made some pretty uncool and unsubstantiated insinuations about Kwintin’s character being the reason he went the JUCO route. Funky all around.

As others have noted, Hurley’s recent activity and history at Wagner/URI indicates that he isn’t buying what you’re selling.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

My point is that JUCO kids are JUCO kids for a reason and 9/10 times it’s not a good one. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen, but most of the time it doesn’t. It’s a bad bet and not a basket I’d want to put eggs into unless I absolutely had to.

If that wasn’t true, they’d be at 4-years already.

Second reason is the level of play is wildly all over the place. In baseball you’ll get Chris Davis and Albert Pujols at 1B and then Joe who’s part time at the post office as your Sunday starter tossing 72. In hoops, the skill gap is even more inconsistent. It’s harder to get a handle on true talent.

Truth be told I’d rather look at almost any other possible route before depending on JUCO for anything.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Sorry I hurt your feelings.

My point is that JUCO kids are JUCO kids for a reason and 9/10 times it’s not a good one. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen, but most of the time it doesn’t. It’s a bad bet and not a basket I’d want to put eggs into unless I absolutely had to.

If that wasn’t true, they’d be at 4-years already.

Second reason is the level of play is wildly all over the place. In baseball you’ll get Chris Davis and Albert Pujols at 1B and then Joe who’s part time at the post office as your Sunday starter tossing 72. In hoops, the skill gap is even more inconsistent. It’s harder to get a handle on true talent.

Truth be told I’d rather look at almost any other possible route before depending on JUCO for anything.

This kind of overgeneralization and hyperbole when it comes to scouting players perfectly illustrates why you are not running a college basketball program.

Reaction Score
Wahab.....ehhh I prefer top 100 recruits. Enjoy your college experience and so long QW.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Wahab.....ehhh I prefer top 100 recruits. Enjoy your college experience and so long QW.
We don't have any top 100 centers and likely won't get one for 2019-20.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
“I want to go where there are minutes available”

Joins a program with all centers

Maybe he only wanted a few minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online