Qudus Wahab | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Qudus Wahab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We don't have any top 100 centers and likely won't get one for 2019-20.
Why is it these threads unravel to nonsense? Please tell me how many top 100 centers Jim Calhoun recruited during his 26 years. I’m not bothering looking it up but Sellers, Cyrulik, Hayward, Voskhul, Knight, even Okafor were not consensus top 100. I think Jake, Travis, and Emeka were borderline. I’m not sure how Thabeet or Brimah fit in. And Bynum doesn’t count cause he never played.
Just trust that our coach is good and knows a little something about college hoops. Like someone else posted: Enjoy the ride

Reaction Score
Just looked at the 247 listing and it shows:
Achiuwa at 13,
Cockburn at 41,
Bouknight at 69,
Mitchell at 79,
Akok is down to 85,
Gaffney at 99,
Marial at 126 and
Wahab at 129

Reaction Score
Sorry I hurt your feelings.

My point is that JUCO kids are JUCO kids for a reason and 9/10 times it’s not a good one. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen, but most of the time it doesn’t. It’s a bad bet and not a basket I’d want to put eggs into unless I absolutely had to.

If that wasn’t true, they’d be at 4-years already.

Second reason is the level of play is wildly all over the place. In baseball you’ll get Chris Davis and Albert Pujols at 1B and then Joe who’s part time at the post office as your Sunday starter tossing 72. In hoops, the skill gap is even more inconsistent. It’s harder to get a handle on true talent.

Truth be told I’d rather look at almost any other possible route before depending on JUCO for anything.
Actually they have some pretty tough players at the post office.

Reaction Score
Just looked at the 247 listing and it shows:
Achiuwa at 13,
Cockburn at 41,
Bouknight at 69,
Mitchell at 79,
Akok is down to 85,
Gaffney at 99,
Marial at 126 and
Wahab at 129
The Akok ranking makes zero sense, he was dropped to like 40th saw his ranking just yesterday. He is 57th on ESPN amd 22nd on 247, rivals doesn't have him ranked now for some reason.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
chit happens and Hurley and UConn move on.

Reaction Score
Why is it these threads unravel to nonsense? Please tell me how many top 100 centers Jim Calhoun recruited during his 26 years. I’m not bothering looking it up but Sellers, Cyrulik, Hayward, Voskhul, Knight, even Okafor were not consensus top 100. I think Jake, Travis, and Emeka were borderline. I’m not sure how Thabeet or Brimah fit in. And Bynum doesn’t count cause he never played.
Just trust that our coach is good and knows a little something about college hoops. Like someone else posted: Enjoy the ride

Travis was as high as #38 at one point and Hayward was a top 80 guy...

KNIGHT'S MISSION: SUCCEED AT UCONN
HAYWARD COMMITS, WITH AN ASTERISK

C

Chief00

First, let’s not ever blame a kid for citing minutes as a reason he commits somewhere. That’s what he has been told by an adult. As you probably know by now Chief doesn’t NEXT guys we are recruiting. Nothing wrong with that but it’s not Chief’s thing. If you hear quiet, it soeaks for itself.

Reaction Score
You really need to learn how to handle it when recruits commit to schools other than UConn. It will continue to happen for many years to come. Dealing with adversity is a very important life skill that will help you beyond sports fandom.
Yeah, you are right, that was a seriously hot take. It is sitting there, all alone, with no other similar takes even remotely close.

Here is an idea, why don't you take a long look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are such a ? Then, maybe, you can work on all the people obsessions you display here on a regular basis. Not making enemies is an important life skill.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
First, let’s not ever blame a kid for citing minutes as a reason he commits somewhere. That’s what he has been told by an adult. As you probably know by now Chief doesn’t NEXT guys we are recruiting. Nothing wrong with that but it’s not Chief’s thing. If you hear quiet, it soeaks for itself.
Throughout the recruiting season several “insiders” stated Kofi was Hurley’s priority and Wahab, who stated a strong interest in coming to UConn, was put on hold until Kofi made a decision. I’m sure you stated this several times.

It seems to this casual fan Hurley swung for the fences and got Diallo’d. And now is left scrambling to fill the teams biggest needs.

C

Chief00

Kofi was our top big target - that’s for sure. I don’t objectively know about the level of Wahab’s interest vs. other schools? The target formula has worked well for Danny up to Kofi - but it blew up at the 5 position, if one assumes he goes through with his verbal? Let’s see how Danny recovers.
Quite frankly, it’s been an inside joke for a couple weeks that the more you hear coaches say good things about Josh - the worse our Bigs recruiting is going. LOL
Fortunately, at any rate, Josh has been playing much better.

Reaction Score
Throughout the recruiting season several “insiders” stated Kofi was Hurley’s priority and Wahab, who stated a strong interest in coming to UConn, was put on hold until Kofi made a decision. I’m sure you stated this several times.

It seems to this casual fan Hurley swung for the fences and got Diallo’d. And now is left scrambling to fill the teams biggest needs.
UCONN has been getting Diallo’d or Diamond Stoned now for a bunch of years. If we can get a decent piece to go with the upcoming class then everything could change for the program. It’s that important. And that difficult to do.

Reaction Score
Kofi was our top big target - that’s for sure. I don’t objectively know about the level of Wahab’s interest vs. other schools? The target formula has worked well for Danny up to Kofi - but it blew up at the 5 position, if one assumes he goes through with his verbal? Let’s see how Danny recovers.
Quite frankly, it’s been an inside joke for a couple weeks that the more you hear coaches say good things about Josh - the worse our Bigs recruiting is going. LOL
Fortunately, at any rate, Josh has been playing much better.

Explain

Reaction Score
The Akok ranking makes zero sense, he was dropped to like 40th saw his ranking just yesterday. He is 57th on ESPN amd 22nd on 247, rivals doesn't have him ranked now for some reason.
he’s in class of 2018 for rivals. i’m assuming the fact he’s considered “not ranked” for rivals 2019 is the reason he’s fallen so far on the 247 composite. only way to make sense of it

Reaction Score
he’s in class of 2018 for rivals. i’m assuming the fact he’s considered “not ranked” for rivals 2019 is the reason he’s fallen so far on the 247 composite. only way to make sense of it
I asked Rivals that question and they take recruits out of the rankings if they matriculate at college before their class graduates. So now he's not ranked at all. So for future reference I'd take his last ranking in Rivals. Which I think was about 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom