Quarterbacks Mike Beaudry, Steven Krajewski, Micah Leon ‘excited’ to compete for UConn starting job (Putterman) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Quarterbacks Mike Beaudry, Steven Krajewski, Micah Leon ‘excited’ to compete for UConn starting job (Putterman)

Reaction Score
It’s this striking paragraph

“... guy like Ardell will be good for that (wide receiver) room, that room has not been a real good room since I have been here and we haven’t had the leadership that we wanted in that room, that will all change. The quarterbacks, when you see Mike and Micah, you listen to their teammates and the people who are allowed to be around in the summer become very impressed with what they have been doing. They are doing the things that a quarterback should be doing, they are getting guys together in the meeting rooms, receivers, running backs, running film together.”

Aaron Smith has been WR coach all three. We just saw Mayala, Buss, Beal and then Dixon leave. Plus Tyler Davis & Aaron McLean. There’s an expectation Edsall has that’s beyond production. I feel the old standard blocking speech is coming. This has not been a smooth transition from Diaco to Edsall. I feel different about the OLine. Those guys grew together.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It’s this striking paragraph

“... guy like Ardell will be good for that (wide receiver) room, that room has not been a real good room since I have been here and we haven’t had the leadership that we wanted in that room, that will all change. The quarterbacks, when you see Mike and Micah, you listen to their teammates and the people who are allowed to be around in the summer become very impressed with what they have been doing. They are doing the things that a quarterback should be doing, they are getting guys together in the meeting rooms, receivers, running backs, running film together.”

Yes, there is a ton in between the lines there....stuff that has been alluded too by others around here. Without naming names, its safe to say that most of the guys that have left the program including some of the so called surprises were guys that were not really rowing the same direction off the field...if they were rowing at all.

Reaction Score
I might as well comment on this now. This is the most dire straits we’ve ever been at the QB position since we went FBS.

We are banking one of the following to be adequate:

A D2 transfer

A walk on at NC St who never stepped on the field

A RS freshman who they didn’t trust to throw a pass in a meaningless blowout

Not saying that one of them won’t be adequate here but, this is not great.

Reaction Score
I might as well comment on this now. This is the most dire straits we’ve ever been at the QB position since we went FBS.

A D2 transfer

I disagree

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

A D2 transfer

A D2 transfer who is always hurt and missed the entire last season.

It’s pretty clear Steven Krajewski isn’t in Edsall’s plans - stuck behind a player he hated all last season and the comments aren’t exactly glowing.

Reaction Score
Care to elaborate? I think you are 0 for 3.
Do your own homework. Don't really care what you think. You asked for examples, I gave them, you don't agree or understand, that's ok with me.

Reaction Score

A D2 transfer

I think year after HCRE1.0 left (PP's 1st year) was pretty tough crew of QB's returning and PP's playbook and playing time selections didn't help. Nebrich was a real freshman and Johnny M. was a walk on - those were the 2 left standing for the year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

It’s pretty clear Steven Krajewski isn’t in Edsall’s plans - stuck behind a player he hated all last season and the comments aren’t exactly glowing.

Agreed.

This was my take from the comments as well. I was hoping that Krajewski would be molded into something really good, but that was maybe based too much on the high school accolades and the state he came from.

Still hopeful, but it's starting to sound like Beaudry or bust...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
05-06 was way worse, all due respect to DJ and Bones.

DJ and Bones would seem like Montana and Young compared to this mess.

Are you people completely insane?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agreed.

This was my take from the comments as well. I was hoping that Krajewski would be molded into something really good, but that was maybe based too much on the high school accolades and the state he came from.

Still hopeful, but it's starting to sound like Beaudry or bust...

I think Leon is the QB opening night. Beaudry seems to have a personality that Edsall likes, but NC State had like 25 NFL players on their roster last year.

After running the scout team at NC State a practice against this defense must feel like going back to high school.

Reaction Score
First Quarter of 2019. This is on John Dunn. We evaluated Washington & Krajewski. Like with Lorenzen or Frazier, we determined a mature experienced competitor was needed. WE know they looked at JuCo. They most likely got into the Transfer Portal - there were lots available. They (Dunn + Edsall) chose Beaudry. They spent time with him. Talked to his coaches - for certain. They spent a ton of time on this one choice.

That means … I thought Dunn was a very accomplished Offensive guy. I like that he came in with ONE guy to pursue; we got that guy.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

That guy who played QB during our best offensive year in a decade? Yeah, he shouldn’t have started. The lack of respect for BS around here is something I don’t get. He had a really good senior season

Reaction Score

I don’t think it was that Edsall hated Washington but more like he stuck with him to try and change his life around and make him a better person. God knows he gave him enough chances, even during spring ball, but in the end he finally had to cut the cord when it was obvious MW was not helping himself. Unfortunately, Steven Krajewski was put in a bad spot because of it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don’t think it was that Edsall hated Washington but more like he stuck with him to try and change his life around and make him a better person. God knows he gave him enough chances, even during spring ball, but in the end he finally had to cut the cord when it was obvious MW was not helping himself. Unfortunately, Steven Krajewski was put in a bad spot because of it.

It you are behind Marvin Doghouse on Edsall’s depth chart.... and then immediately behind two transfers...

Reaction Score
This Fuller piece from another thread had a bad link: Graduate transfers Mike Beaudry, Ardell Brown hoping to make immediate impact at UConn

Interesting stat here:

>>The search for a productive starting quarterback since former Shelton High star Dan Orlovsky last suited up for the Huskies in 2004 has been challenging to say the least.

In the last seven seasons, the only time a player UConn signed out of high school was the starting quarterback in a season opener came in 2014 when Casey Cochran got the call against BYU. Since 2007, Cochran is the only player to receive a scholarship out of high school to start the first game of the season at quarterback for UConn.

That is a streak that could very well continue with Beaudry the most experienced of the five quarterbacks on the UConn roster.<<
Not that other programs need help recruiting against us, but if i was recruiting a QB that was considering UConn this is what i would tell them.

At some point, as a program, you need to show you can develop the position.

Reaction Score
Phew. Given your track record I feel so much better now.

PFFT

RUTGERS has a 4 star QB from NJ on top. Last year, Sitkowski threw 4 TDs and 18 INTS. They searched the same time as we did. Got a kid from Texas Tech that was on top of TT depth chart

Some BY fans LOVE this kind of pedigree

I am good with Krajewski & Beaudry today. And with a decent OLine and WRS all fleet this should be better than RU.

Some people love 4 stars. But then Tim Boyle .... and then 18 INTS, Well, I like where we are.

TWO DAYS INTO CAMP .... it is ok to optimistic

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
PFFT

RUTGERS has a 4 star QB from NJ on top. Last year, Sitkowski threw 4 TDs and 18 INTS. They searched the same time as we did. Got a kid from Texas Tech that was on top of TT depth chart

Some BY fans LOVE this kind of pedigree

I am good with Krajewski & Beaudry today. And with a decent OLine and WRS all fleet this should be better than RU.

Some people love 4 stars. But then Tim Boyle .... and then 18 INTS, Well, I like where we are.

TWO DAYS INTO CAMP .... it is ok to optimistic

Good lord, did a five year old gain control of this account?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom