Quarterbacks Mike Beaudry, Steven Krajewski, Micah Leon ‘excited’ to compete for UConn starting job (Putterman) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Quarterbacks Mike Beaudry, Steven Krajewski, Micah Leon ‘excited’ to compete for UConn starting job (Putterman)

Reaction Score
Good lord, did a five year old gain control of this account?

Suddenly .... we are back picking on the older guys again. I am ready for all the Rivals Stars discussion again.

Why don't we wait til Wagner before we b-tch about the guy under center. We basically have seen nothing. Bet you guys didn't like Christmas either.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Suddenly .... we are back picking on the older guys again. I am ready for all the Rivals Stars discussion again.

Why don't we wait til Wagner before we b-tch about the guy under center. We basically have seen nothing. Bet you guys didn't like Christmas wither.

Christmas was great. I swear the Peking Duck gets better every year.

C

Chief00

Can I be honest? Until I see our defense -- you know -- actually stop somebody, I find it very hard to generate enthusiasm over who will be our QB.
I don’t want to overstate it but from what I have observed , the defense will be improved. I know predicting “improved” from the worse ever isn’t exactly going out on the limb. But, that’s not actually my context - I actually think we could be semi - respectable.

Reaction Score
Even Dan O said he was better than him coming out of high school. I have no idea what is going on but Randy never utilized him last year when he had the opportunity. I wouldn’t count this kid out just yet.

I've said it before but maybe it bears repeating. I saw Krajewski's state championship game on TV (in SC we get local, even GA, high school championship games) and these were big time games with big time talent. He lead his team and looked very confident, especially on the drive with under three minutes remaining when he took them the length of the field for the go ahead touchdown.

He looked in charge, put strong throws on the money, and put the team in position to win with less than a minute to go. Why the coaches at UConn hinted at him lacking confidence is puzzling because the talent in the division he played in is really high level. The fact he transferred there from MI for his senior year and was the starter and showed such high level ability speaks volumes as I'm sure the locals didn't expect some "yankee" to come in and play at their level.

Bad ending though, as his team kicked off with under a minute to go and committed three "too many men on the field" penalties in the last 40 seconds that allowed the opponent into field goal range and they made the kick to win by one or two.

Reaction Score
I don’t want to overstate it but from what I have observed , the defense will be improved. I know predicting “improved” from the worse ever isn’t exactly going out on the limb. But, that’s not actually my context - I actually think we could be semi - respectable.

OK, that's what you think, but what does Chief have to say?

Reaction Score
I've said it before but maybe it bears repeating. I saw Krajewski's state championship game on TV (in SC we get local, even GA, high school championship games) and these were big time games with big time talent. He lead his team and looked very confident, especially on the drive with under three minutes remaining when he took them the length of the field for the go ahead touchdown.

He looked in charge, put strong throws on the money, and put the team in position to win with less than a minute to go. Why the coaches at UConn hinted at him lacking confidence is puzzling because the talent in the division he played in is really high level. The fact he transferred there from MI for his senior year and was the starter and showed such high level ability speaks volumes as I'm sure the locals didn't expect some "yankee" to come in and play at their level.

Bad ending though, as his team kicked off with under a minute to go and committed three "too many men on the field" penalties in the last 40 seconds that allowed the opponent into field goal range and they made the kick to win by one or two.

And to talk on experience look at the level of competition he played in GA I’d say his school and a few others down there could possibly beat UWF. One things for sure each of the games you see on his highlight looked like 10k plus people in the stands. I think he’s getting buried cuz he was lashlees recruit and not edsalls

Reaction Score
And to talk on experience look at the level of competition he played in GA I’d say his school and a few others down there could possibly beat UWF. One things for sure each of the games you see on his highlight looked like 10k plus people in the stands. I think he’s getting buried cuz he was lashlees recruit and not edsalls

Don’t agree. Think Edsall is playing the players he thinks give us the best chance to win.. don’t think it has anything to do with it being lashlees recruit or Edsalls..
Edsall wants this year to be a turnaround year for the program..and Giofre has alot to say as well..
let’s see what happens 3-4 games in before we see who’s falling on the depth chart and who’s emerging..

Reaction Score
Edsall will play the best QB for the system, no matter who recruited him. He has to. There’s no secret that this is the year Edsall must turn around the ineptitude and surprise a few teams. I’m betting on it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I believe Edsall was the lead recruiter on Steven Krajewski. I think Lashlee was looking at dual threat QBs - if he was looking at all.

Reaction Score
That guy who played QB during our best offensive year in a decade? Yeah, he shouldn’t have started. The lack of respect for BS around here is something I don’t get. He had a really good senior season
you have to understand. Many of our fans watched the games after drinking tons of beer. They honestly don't know the difference between the QB and a DB

Reaction Score
I believe Edsall was the lead recruiter on Steven Krajewski. I think Lashlee was looking at dual threat QBs - if he was looking at all.
I found this on Krajewski’s timeline. Lashlee was definitely the lead recruiter. Edsall did say, in last years press conference, that he went to the state championship game and watched him play.

Attachments

• 9E019E9A-3EF6-49DF-941F-D12BEB8E6B5F.jpeg
    9E019E9A-3EF6-49DF-941F-D12BEB8E6B5F.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 41

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
you have to understand. Many of our fans watched the games after drinking tons of beer. They honestly don't know the difference between the QB and a DB
Our QB was a RB and our DBs were, well.....so shutty. Needed plenty of tailgate hooch and the 9$ beers inside to get through last year.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In Edsall's defense, the fanbase is equally terrible at judging QB talent.

There are people here who would answer the Question: "Who is the 2nd best QB in UConn history behind Dan O?" with someone other than Bryant Shirreffs.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In Edsall's defense, the fanbase is equally terrible at judging QB talent.

There are people here who would answer the Question: "Who is the 2nd best QB in UConn history behind Dan O?" with someone other than Bryant Shirreffs.

Well of course they would. It’s Shane Stafford.

Then it’s Tyler Lorenzen or Zach Frazier. Then maybe it’s Shirreffs.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
DJ and Bones would seem like Montana and Young compared to this mess.

Are you people completely insane?

Bones was terrible, and DJ had a couple of good moments but those were far from the norm as some remember that year so well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bones was terrible, and DJ had a couple of good moments but those were far from the norm as some remember that year so well.

ok - you got that part. can you see the point now?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Well of course they would. It’s Shane Stafford.

Then it’s Tyler Lorenzen or Zach Frazier. Then maybe it’s Shirreffs.

Whitmer is also in the discussion for Dan O's bridesmaids. Shirreffs did more with less, though he was allowed to throw more. CW, TL and ZF are close but I'd give the nod to TL, then CW and ZF to round out the top 5.

Cochran and Endres (who most of the backup lovers will mention didn't play enough.)

Reaction Score
PFFT

RUTGERS has a 4 star QB from NJ on top. Last year, Sitkowski threw 4 TDs and 18 INTS. They searched the same time as we did. Got a kid from Texas Tech that was on top of TT depth chart

Some BY fans LOVE this kind of pedigree

I am good with Krajewski & Beaudry today. And with a decent OLine and WRS all fleet this should be better than RU.

Some people love 4 stars. But then Tim Boyle .... and then 18 INTS, Well, I like where we are.

TWO DAYS INTO CAMP .... it is ok to optimistic

You're good with an oft injured D2 Transfer and a lightly regarded RS FR with less than 5 career passes over a QB who was near the top of the depth chart at P5 Texas Tech? OK then... "Some people love 4 Stars?" If by "some" people you mean all people, then yeah I agree. It is nearly inarguable that teams with more * talent win more games than those without. Citing two 4* college busts as evidence that the star system is flawed completely flies in the face of what you see on the field on a weekly basis. Uconn has recruited like an FCS Team for the last 6-7 seasons and as a result they've been run off the field by teams as if they were one. Alabama on the other hand recruits in the top three every year and as a result have been in the playoff every year its been contested. Coincidence?

Reaction Score
You're good with an oft injured D2 Transfer and a lightly regarded RS FR with less than 5 career passes over a QB who was near the top of the depth chart at P5 Texas Tech? OK then... "Some people love 4 Stars?" If by "some" people you mean all people, then yeah I agree. It is nearly inarguable that teams with more * talent win more games than those without. Citing two 4* college busts as evidence that the star system is flawed completely flies in the face of what you see on the field on a weekly basis. Uconn has recruited like an FCS Team for the last 6-7 seasons and as a result they've been run off the field by teams as if they were one. Alabama on the other hand recruits in the top three every year and as a result have been in the playoff every year its been contested. Coincidence?

That’s why they play the games.

My point: You are on the Boneyard & you get to play the whining damsel. Dismissing the D2 player. But John Dunn & Randy Edsall knew they wanted that incoming guy. They had lots of guys to choose from - and of course, competing with Marvin & Steve K isn’t going to dissuade any kid with Talent. Look across the landscape: there was a lot of successful transfers & juco.

Walking in & saying we are the worst (or whatever) positioned is Bogus. Let’s see what happens.

Further: I actually think John Dunn was a solid talent. I’m sorry he left. I’m happy for Giufre. But ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom