Quarterbacks Mike Beaudry, Steven Krajewski, Micah Leon ‘excited’ to compete for UConn starting job (Putterman) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Quarterbacks Mike Beaudry, Steven Krajewski, Micah Leon ‘excited’ to compete for UConn starting job (Putterman)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was there today and the arms were much better than those two and there is talent there.
Of course they were at practice but we saw talent and the attitudes of the players are different then in years past.

Yeah DJ Hernandez started a season 4-1 with wins @Indiana and home against Syracuse.

You went to a practice and saw them play against the worst defense in college football history.

Pretty sure DJ Hernandez had a great attitude...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yeah DJ Hernandez started a season 4-1 with wins @Indiana and home against Syracuse.

You went to a practice and saw them play against the worst defense in college football history.

I’ll save you a seat on the crazy train of optimism. Train departs after have a pleasant surprise against Wagner.:eek:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’ll save you a seat on the crazy train of optimism. Train departs after have a pleasant surprise against Wagner.:eek:

What defines a pleasant surprise against a team that lost to Campbell 49-3 last year?

Campbell’s first year playing scholarship football.

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Here is what I saw from the QB's today

Beaudry looks lean and has a cannon and made a bunch of really good throws. He also worked through his progressions.

Krajewski has the slightest build but the talent is there. He did well today.

Leon - didn't take any snaps while I was there. He might still be learning the playbook and he wasn't injured.

Zergiotis is the shortest of the group but displayed a very accurate and strong arm. He made some great throws and others that you would expect from a freshman. There is something to work with there.

Whalers barbs about the defense are understandable- except for one thing - the guys look bigger and faster and there were less large gaps than previous practices. Spanos has this defense playing better- I have been to the practices for years and I trust my own eyes- this is better than last years D. By Far.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Then he switched position if you remember correctly. His went to a wide receiver because quarterback was not a position he excelled at. If you remember him being at quarterback was more about drawing his brother to school, which didn't happen. His big moment was the Pitt game which we all loved and was a great win.

Great attitude doesn't mean great talent for the position, though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Then he switched position if you remember correctly. His went to a wide receiver because quarterback was not a position he excelled at. If you remember him being at quarterback was more about drawing his brother to school, which didn't happen. His big moment was the Pitt game which we all loved and was a great win.

Great attitude doesn't mean great talent for the position, though.

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot he changed positions.

Reaction Score
Here is what I saw from the QB's today

Beaudry looks lean and has a cannon and made a bunch of really good throws. He also worked through his progressions.

Krajewski has the slightest build but the talent is there. He did well today.

Leon - didn't take any snaps while I was there. He might still be learning the playbook and he wasn't injured.

Zergiotis is the shortest of the group but displayed a very accurate and strong arm. He made some great throws and others that you would expect from a freshman. There is something to work with there.

Whalers barbs about the defense are understandable- except for one thing - the guys look bigger and faster and there were less large gaps than previous practices. Spanos has this defense playing better- I have been to the practices for years and I trust my own eyes- this is better than last years D. By Far.

Another "by far" D improvement. Give up 20% less points per game in 2019 and would be 126th worst defense out of 129, give up 30% less and would be 111th worst defense. Give up 50% less points and score same amount of points as last year and still average less points on offense then give up on defense.

Not disagreeing with you but boy do we need to be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better on D.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
How about putting Jay Rose into QB mix.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Another "by far" D improvement. Give up 20% less points per game in 2019 and would be 126th worst defense out of 129, give up 30% less and would be 111th worst defense. Give up 50% less points and score same amount of points as last year and still average less points on offense then give up on defense.

Not disagreeing with you but boy do we need to be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better on D.

Yeah and those numbers don’t actually reflect how bad the defense was because teams stopped trying to score in the third quarter most games last year.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

I am not going to make predictions of how much better the D will be in 1 practice for a few hours. You have to see the players up close to see the difference Matt King has made with them. They look like football players!! The D has a coach that is in their grill and there is enough competition to push people. They looked more cohesive and I only saw a few times where the O ran a play and no one was there on D. That happened all the time last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom