Quarterbacks Mike Beaudry, Steven Krajewski, Micah Leon ‘excited’ to compete for UConn starting job (Putterman) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Quarterbacks Mike Beaudry, Steven Krajewski, Micah Leon ‘excited’ to compete for UConn starting job (Putterman)

Reaction Score
You're good with an oft injured D2 Transfer and a lightly regarded RS FR with less than 5 career passes over a QB who was near the top of the depth chart at P5 Texas Tech? OK then... "Some people love 4 Stars?" If by "some" people you mean all people, then yeah I agree. It is nearly inarguable that teams with more * talent win more games than those without. Citing two 4* college busts as evidence that the star system is flawed completely flies in the face of what you see on the field on a weekly basis. Uconn has recruited like an FCS Team for the last 6-7 seasons and as a result they've been run off the field by teams as if they were one. Alabama on the other hand recruits in the top three every year and as a result have been in the playoff every year its been contested. Coincidence?

You are right about rankings. In GA Steven Krajewski was ranked behind Trevor Laurence and Justin fields. Who are both going to be top ten draft picks. With multiple D1 offers and was on the board for auburn and FSU untill he committed to UConn before he went on his senior playoff run. MB and ML were not even 2 stars with 0 D1 offers. So if your banking it off of rankings and highlight tapes it should be Steven Krajewski. Look at his Hs tape he makes numerous college level throws and played for a coach who ran a college caliber high school program and offense

Reaction Score
To clarify my post I wouldn’t say Steven Krajewski was lightly regarded. He had big time programs watching him and they backed off once he chose to come to storrs not to mention Syracuse and a hand full of other schools did offer. So he was the most recruited kid with most exp out of any qb on the roster

Reaction Score
To clarify my post I wouldn’t say Steven Krajewski was lightly regarded. He had big time programs watching him and they backed off once he chose to come to storrs

Just last week Edsall went on record saying something along the lines that this is the deepest group of QB talent he has ever had at UCONN. So he is certainly stoked about our QB potential.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t want to overstate it but from what I have observed , the defense will be improved. I know predicting “improved” from the worse ever isn’t exactly going out on the limb. But, that’s not actually my context - I actually think we could be semi - respectable.

"From your mouth to God's ear," as my grandmother used to say. But last year's performance has totally knocked the wind out of me. I need to see us be better now to even

C

Chief00

Just last week Edsall went on record saying something along the lines that this is the deepest group of QB talent he has ever had at UCONN. So he is certainly stoked about our QB potential.

True, but on the other hand, Chief always feels most comfortable when one QB is so outstanding, he stands heads and shoulders above everyone else. But, that’s just Chief.

Reaction Score
In GA, Steven Krajewski was ranked behind Trevor Lawrence and Justin fields.

True, but in 7th place. Here’s an interesting (to me-lol) comparative perspective on the ranked QB prospects from Georgia in Steven Krajewski’s HS class. You’ll note that several have already been traveling a circuitous path. Like all scouting opinions, they are just that-opinions.

247 Sports.com
Top 2018 Georgia High School QB Prospects
1. Trevor Lawrence—Clemson
2. Justin Fields-GA (OSU)
3. Octavious Battle—USF
4. Cade Fortin—UNC
5. Luke Shiflett—Middle Tenn (Furman)
6. Cordel Littlejohn—Florida Atlantic
7. Steven Krajewski—UConn

UConn lands Peach State QB prospect Steven Krajewski
247Sports
Three-star Moultrie (Ga.) Colquitt County quarterback Steven Krajewski will play his college football at UConn. The senior passer selected the Huskies over offers from Syracuse, Georgia State and Mercer. Offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee was his primary recruiter.
Scout's Take: Many will put Krajewski in a box because he comes from such a strong prep program and system under Rush Propst, but this is a true pro-style passer who could fit multiple systems at the collegiate level. The senior stands 6-foot-4, north of 200 pounds and plays an efficient game. He displays a relatively quick and smooth release with consistent accuracy and enough arm strength to push the ball outside the numbers.

247 Sports Update: 2019

1. Trevor Lawrence
Lawrence will be the Heisman favorite at Clemson.

2. Justin Fields
Should be the starter at Ohio State after transferring from UGA. Should fit right into new coach Ryan Day’s offense. “Very impressed with his football IQ,” Day said.

3. Octavious Battle
The former three-star recruit from Atlanta Carver has entered the transfer portal after being pegged the third string QB on the current USF roster.

4. Cade Fortin
After getting some play at the end of 2018, he is now in a three way battle at UNC for the starting role. New HC Mack Brown has hinted he’s leaning to true freshman Sam Howell.

5. Luke Shiflett
Went to Middle Tennessee as a quarterback and two weeks into fall camp was moved to wide receiver. The former three-star recruit from Northwest Whitfield HS (GA) said the opportunity to play quarterback was the primary factor in his decision to transfer to Furman.

6. Cordel Littlejohn
The three-star quarterback from Roswell Georgia who had been committed to Illinois tweeted that he was no longer an Illini. “They yanked my scholarship.” Littlejohn has transferred to Fla Atlantic.

7. Steven Krajewski
In three way battle for starter at UConn. Krajewski is a solid athlete with good feel for the pocket and enough coordination to play effectively outside it. Command of the offense-and the huddle-will be key factors in ultimate choice.

247 Sports.com
NATIONAL QB Prospects 2018
1. Trevor Lawrence
Cartersville (Cartersville, GA)
Clemson

2. Justin Fields
Harrison (Kennesaw, GA)
Georgia

105. Steven Krajewski
Colquitt (Moultrie, GA)
UConn

Reaction Score
I can’t imagineer ... talking in the third person.

“Pudge always feels best when the linebackers are fierce, fast and violent “

How about that

Yeah, that’s pretty good. You have to post in the third person and not really say anything. Something like:

“Uconndogs likes to see us win games by scoring more points than the opponent.”

Then you have to flaunt information that you probably don’t have as a insider. That’s well above my ability to replicate.

Reaction Score
That’s why they play the games.

My point: You are on the Boneyard & you get to play the whining damsel. Dismissing the D2 player. But John Dunn & Randy Edsall knew they wanted that incoming guy. They had lots of guys to choose from - and of course, competing with Marvin & Steve K isn’t going to dissuade any kid with Talent. Look across the landscape: there was a lot of successful transfers & juco.

Walking in & saying we are the worst (or whatever) positioned is Bogus. Let’s see what happens.

Further: I actually think John Dunn was a solid talent. I’m sorry he left. I’m happy for Giufre. But ...

Ummmm... Dunn was half way out the door during this special evaluation period when he and Edsall got their guy. Wouldn't put much stock into it. More likely UConn was Beaudry's best offer. Hopefully he maximizes his opportunity here.

Reaction Score
Ummmm... Dunn was half way out the door during this special evaluation period when he and Edsall got their guy. Wouldn't put much stock into it. More likely UConn was Beaudry's best offer. Hopefully he maximizes his opportunity here.

Baloney

Jets didn’t hire Gase til when?

Reaction Score
In Edsall's defense, the fanbase is equally terrible at judging QB talent.

There are people here who would answer the Question: "Who is the 2nd best QB in UConn history behind Dan O?" with someone other than Bryant Shirreffs.

Yeah you can count yourself among those in the fan base.

The 2 behind Orlovsky were FCS QB’s.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yeah you can count yourself among those in the fan base.

The 2 behind Orlovsky were FCS QB’s.

Aren't you overlooking several Pop Warner league QB's? I also recall Terry Caulley putting up some good passing numbers in limited action.

Reaction Score
Baloney

Jets didn’t hire Gase til when?

Jan 11th: Jets hire Gase
Jan 17th: Edsall paying Dunn $150k out of his own pocket
Feb 4th: Beaudry transfer to UConn
Feb 8th: Jets hire Dunn

Reaction Score
Aren't you overlooking several Pop Warner league QB's? I also recall Terry Caulley putting up some good passing numbers in limited action.

Take those 2 out of the equation. Your answer is still wrong.

Reaction Score
Jan 11th: Jets hire Gase
Jan 17th: Edsall paying Dunn $150k out of his own pocket
Feb 4th: Beaudry transfer to UConn
Feb 8th: Jets hire Dunn

Hence. John Dunn & Randy Edsall looked through multiple candidates. They knew what they wanted: mature college experienced QB. Leadership qualities. By the time Edsall moves to fund Dunn incentives to stating ... the Beaudry selection was made. And he probably was the sole finalist.

With the Transfer Portal & better online reporting, we largely know the opportunity set ... and we had no shot at Kelly Bryant or Hornibrook or Hurts. But still a really great group. Being QB at the University of Connecticut is a solid platform. There aren’t that many slots & great number of kids every year eager to fill.

Therefore. Strange to dismiss the guy before we’ve seen a real throw.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Remember what it was like standing and yelling on defensive third downs? For two years, it has been a total waste of time.

Spent the last two years hoping for a dropped pass or that they didn't just decide to run it.

The worst was getting a third down stop, knowing they would pick up 4th and short.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
ok - you got that part. can you see the point now?

I was there today and the arms were much better than those two and there is talent there.
Of course they were at practice but we saw talent and the attitudes of the players are different then in years past.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom