Quarterbacks Mike Beaudry, Steven Krajewski, Micah Leon ‘excited’ to compete for UConn starting job (Putterman) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quarterbacks Mike Beaudry, Steven Krajewski, Micah Leon ‘excited’ to compete for UConn starting job (Putterman)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
  • On Beaudry: “Mike is a very intelligent, mature guy that’s gonna try to make the most of his opportunity. He’s got a very strong arm, he’s knowledgeable about the game, and he knows he doesn’t have many times left to do this, so he’s gonna make the most of the opportunity.”
  • On Leon: "Bigger than guys we’ve had in the past. Big kid, arm talent is ridiculous. He can really throw the ball. He can make any throw on the field. And he’s also very smart. He was in a very, very good offense at N.C. State for two years, and he knows football.
  • On Krajewski: “This spring we flooded Steven with reps. There were only two quarterbacks. And he got to live through a lot of good things, a lot of rough things and learn from both good and bad. He’s working really hard in the weight room. He’s in a good place mentally and physically to go and compete for the job.”<<
So Micah's the leader?

Reaction Score
If there is one position I don’t entirely trust Edsall’s judgement, it is QB. He’d bench Brett Favre for being a gun slinger. I’m curious to see who gets the job and then I’ll be begging for the backup when we start losing. I’ll just admit it now.

Reaction Score
Moyseenko came from Towson. I thought - when we played Towson - they had an interesting offense. The Truth is the QB position, in college, can be successful in many ways. Arm talent? I’m happy to hear. I’d say these three are above many, in that component, we’ve had in the last 6 years.

Leon? He ran a lot in HS. I’m curious whether that’s a factor in his being a QB with us.

Reaction Score
If there is one position I don’t entirely trust Edsall’s judgement, it is QB. He’d bench Brett Favre for being a gun slinger. I’m curious to see who gets the job and then I’ll be begging for the backup when we start losing. I’ll just admit it now.
Edsall would definitely bench Favre for being a gun slinger but would play Ryan Leaf because he’s friendly and smiles a lot.

Reaction Score
In fairness, we’ve not had a HC who could manage the qb position this century. Aside from Dan O, who was pushed to play too early and had virtually no competition, we’ve seen a revolving door, a video star/gimmick, several good ones leave and a ridiculous burning of the rs- not to mention nearly decapitating a guy. Good times.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Can I be honest? Until I see our defense -- you know -- actually stop somebody, I find it very hard to generate enthusiasm over who will be our QB.
You don’t like the idea of winning 59-54?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Against Wagner? No.
So negative. If our O can outscore tie other guys by keeping our D off the field, it might matter who our QB is. Heck, half the AAC games are 55-49 anyway and for at least this year we are AAC.

Reaction Score

Name one QB that Edsall should have played more? His track record of playing the best QB available is actually very good and I can't think of one QB that transferred from an Edsall coached team that went on to have great success somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Name one QB that Edsall should have played more? His track record of playing the best QB available is actually very good and I can't think of one QB that transferred from an Edsall coached team that went on to have great success somewhere else.
Bones vs Hernandez, Frazier vs Endres, Pindell vs. Sherriff.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Pindell vs. Sherriff.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
The issues I have with Edsall and QBs are just in general. We had trouble having steady play at QB for years. It just kept happening under P and D too. Recruiting QBs wasn’t his forte. I feel better about it now. He seems to have become very aggressive about having several real QBs on the roster.

Reaction Score
The issues I have with Edsall and QBs are just in general. We had trouble having steady play at QB for years. It just kept happening under P and D too. Recruiting QBs wasn’t his forte. I feel better about it now. He seems to have become very aggressive about having several real QBs on the roster.

I agree that we have a talented group of QB's. Edsall has dramatically improved the roster in just two years, hopefully it starts to pay dividends this season.

Reaction Score
This Fuller piece from another thread had a bad link: Graduate transfers Mike Beaudry, Ardell Brown hoping to make immediate impact at UConn

Interesting stat here:

>>The search for a productive starting quarterback since former Shelton High star Dan Orlovsky last suited up for the Huskies in 2004 has been challenging to say the least.

In the last seven seasons, the only time a player UConn signed out of high school was the starting quarterback in a season opener came in 2014 when Casey Cochran got the call against BYU. Since 2007, Cochran is the only player to receive a scholarship out of high school to start the first game of the season at quarterback for UConn.

That is a streak that could very well continue with Beaudry the most experienced of the five quarterbacks on the UConn roster.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom