QB1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

QB1

Reaction Score
Absolutely not, looking back Natural Light, Piels, Schaefer, were the norm. I Spring Weekend I would sell my books back so I could buy a higher level beer (Bush).

We had a giant garbage bag in the middle of our dorm where we collected all the beer bottles and other glass and plastics and once every month or two we’d pack it in a car and drive to the Big Y and deposit them to get money for more booze.

Totally unrelated:

We also had flies.

Reaction Score
McMahon was sneaky good, especially for lunch. I wasn't a huge South guy due to the crowds, but overall I think your list is pretty spot on.

Anyone else remember the pizza they used to make at Towers? Was sorta thin crust style. Feel like they did that up thru like 2006/7? Then it changed to the generic style my last couple years.

Looking back, I'm not shocked how fat I got those 4 years. lol.
Not sure when you were there, but after the renovation McMahon had extremely limited selection and handed you small plates of food instead of letting you serve yourself buffet style.

Reaction Score
Not sure when you were there, but after the renovation McMahon had extremely limited selection and handed you small plates of food instead of letting you serve yourself buffet style.
Yeah I think that was like 2013? Maybe 2012. The food was very good quality but the selection was often odd

Reaction Score

Ugh glad I graduated when I did

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Back then each "small dorm" had it's own chef that cooked family style.
Made to order breakfast was one of the little pleasures about living in Hollister. I could have an 8:00 class (only once in 4 years), but I was not missing a weekday breakfast.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I lived in Towers in the late 80"s. Back then each "small dorm" had it's own chef that cooked family style. No weekend meal plan, so I would go to TED's sub shop and get the Cheeseburger grinder, six patties. Half on Saturday and half on Sunday. I would wash it down with a milkshake from the Dairy Bar. My whole caloric intake would be the sub, milkshake, and assorted low quality beer.
Haha it's like you are my long lost twin.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Wow. That sucks. I was in McMahon like ~2007 - thank god I wasn't there later than that.

I always though mcmahaon had good quality food, it was the selection that bumped it down my list

Good point - selection was pretty small. Usually only one choice of a main meal for lunch and dinner.

I'll tell ya, I'm not a cook so I usually just make like 6 pounds of chicken on Sunday and eat it for lunch and dinner M-F, what I wouldn't do for an adult meal plan where I could get some variety haha.

Reaction Score
Wow. That sucks. I was in McMahon like ~2007 - thank god I wasn't there later than that.

Good point - selection was pretty small. Usually only one choice of a main meal for lunch and dinner.

I'll tell ya, I'm not a cook so I usually just make like 6 pounds of chicken on Sunday and eat it for lunch and dinner M-F, what I wouldn't do for an adult meal plan where I could get some variety haha.
Lol I hear that. I buy two rotisserie chicken per week and that's my dinner every night, and sometimes lunch

Reaction Score
Absolutely not, looking back Natural Light, Piels, Schaefer, were the norm. I Spring Weekend I would sell my books back so I could buy a higher level beer (Bush).

Seeing Piels mentioned literally made me shudder. That stuff was everywhere - and terrible.

Reaction Score
Sounds like someone needs a significant other lol
LOL that's part of it. I'm also allergic to a ton of stuff so chicken and rice keeps it simple.

Reaction Score
LOL that's part of it. I'm also allergic to a ton of stuff so chicken and rice keeps it simple.

When I was single, post college I ate a whole box of pasta every night for dinner with a rotation of sauces (red, Alfredo, pesto) and meat (meat balls, chicken, sausage) and I was a stick.

Now, I eat a “healthy, well balanced diet”, I run, I play in a tennis league yet I’ve packed on some chunk.

I’m not even that old, but life comes at you fast.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think my favorite part of this thread is Pudge gamely trying to talk football right in the middle of it.

I'm about to go all get-off-my-lawn....

You kids had it easy. Back in the day, when I lived in South in a building with exposed heating pipes and a dirt floor in the laundry room, our best dining options were either a sandwich or whatever gray meat UConn managed to buy from the remaindered pen at the slaughterhouse.

Reaction Score
When I was single, post college I ate a whole box of pasta every night for dinner with a rotation of sauces (red, Alfredo, pesto) and meat (meat balls, chicken, sausage) and I was a stick.

Now, I eat a “healthy, well balanced diet”, I run, I play in a tennis league yet I’ve packed on some chunk.

I lost all my weight eating fast food so for me, chicken and rice is "healthy" lol. I've been on like 14 dates the last 6 weeks though and I already gained 3lbs just by going out and eating/drinking all the time

Reaction Score

ALTA. More like a beer league that plays tennis. I miss it.

Reaction Score
I think my favorite part of this thread is Pudge gamely trying to talk football right in the middle of it.

You kids had it easy. Back in the day, when I lived in South in a building with exposed heating pipes and a dirt floor in the laundry room, our best dining options were either a sandwich or whatever gray meat UConn managed to buy from the remaindered pen at the slaughterhouse.
Yeah but you were still allowed to party. I'd have traded food for an atmosphere improvement

Reaction Score

Tell us what the Vietnam protests were like

Reaction Score
ALTA. More like a beer league that plays tennis. I miss it.

Yessir! It’s a lot of fun. We play at Bitsy Grant which is an amazing facility. I have to imagine it’s one of the only public facilities in the country with clay courts.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah but you were still allowed to party. I'd have traded food for an atmosphere improvement

A few years before I got there, some magazine named UConn as the top party school in the country and the admin flipped out. Our RA was cool, but the head RA for South was a full-on Neidermeyer - my roommate and I were both dragged in for a non-academic probation hearing for an incident that happened in the dorm...while we were in Boston for a BC-UConn game.

I moved off campus after a year and a half just because it was too oppressive.

Reaction Score
A few years before I got there, some magazine named UConn as the top party school in the country and the admin flipped out. Our RA was cool, but the head RA for South was a full-n Neidermeyer - my roommate and I were both dragged in for a non-academic probation hearing for an incident that happened in the dorm...while we were in Boston for a BC-UConn game.

I moved off campus after a year and a half just because it was too oppressive.
They shut down carriage and Celeron while I was there. They basically removed all the off campus partying. #thankssusan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom