Providence | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ackerman seems to be tone-deaf about issues that impact the integrity of the game on the court. Be it the personal grudge (against Hurley) payback calls/non calls by officials against UConn players and a coach potentially having an employee relationship with a game’s two teams. If PC played Georgetown in the conference tournament, MSG would have been an ethical minefield. But luck, such as having the NBA be able to fund her financially failing league (WNBA) for years, only can take one so far. At some point, she actually needs to make good decisions, get good results.

Reaction Score
Is Kim English the best available?
Love/Hate how UConn makes stars out of programs & coaches.
I did my research...
beating Gonzaga in 99' really put the zags on the map ever since.
Larranaga going to Miami,
George Mason getting into the A10,
The former Nmsu coach getting a SEC gig,
Rutgers photoshop, the entire AAC.
They love UCONN :cool:
Yeah, I think Gonzaga getting to the elite eight is what put them on the map. Not the "losing to UConn" part

Reaction Score
Portnoy not backing down. Color me amused.

8D553AB7-651F-4E60-999C-48FC31289E5E.png

Reaction Score
I’m amused that this thread keeps going. Still a fan of Ed Cooley although I hope the allegations of infidelity aren’t true. Either way, Providence has been nothing since Vinny Pazienza retired. The city and its inhabitants will continue to live in obscurity after the loss of Mr. Cooley.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m amused that this thread keeps going. Still a fan of Ed Cooley although I hope the allegations of infidelity aren’t true. Either way, Providence has been nothing since Vinny Pazienza retired. The city and its inhabitants will continue to live in obscurity after the loss of Mr. Cooley.
How you can still be a fan of Ed Cooley after all this is mind boggling.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Dude, come on. You want us to believe that when you said we’d be surprised, you meant surprised by a totally underwhelming hire?

caw

Reaction Score
Another turn of the knife, this guy is the worst.
Yeah that's a smack to the face of PC, or just very poor choice of verbiage. Considering how Cooley likes to get snide little jabs in, I think it's the former.

Reaction Score
Another turn of the knife, this guy is the worst.
Yeah, that is trolling with a parting shot at Providence. He specifically chose those words for sure. The entire poaching process from Georgetown to Cooley‘s covert discussions with them while he is coaching PC stinks to high heaven, especially him recruiting players to Georgetown while PC is preparing for the BET, SMH. Everything he does seems to be contrived.

Reaction Score
"Ed always said yes to everyone else and always said no to Ed"

- um sure thing, ed. I can think of a couple times you should have said no to Ed.

View attachment 85620
One of the funniest things from the Fanta and Goodman Cooley ball washing was them claiming that Ed couldn't handle being such a celebrity in Providence anymore. With his ego he absolutely adored being the man in the city. His new role as small fish in the big pond should be interesting.

Reaction Score
Ackerman seems to be tone-deaf about issues that impact the integrity of the game on the court. Be it the personal grudge (against Hurley) payback calls/non calls by officials against UConn players and a coach potentially having an employee relationship with a game’s two teams. If PC played Georgetown in the conference tournament, MSG would have been an ethical minefield. But luck, such as having the NBA be able to fund her financially failing league (WNBA) for years, only can take one so far. At some point, she actually needs to make good decisions, get good results.
The less said about that hire, the better. It is entirely expected at this point - both the hire and the performance

Reaction Score
One of the funniest things from the Fanta and Goodman Cooley ball washing was them claiming that Ed couldn't handle being such a celebrity in Providence anymore. With his ego he absolutely adored being the man in the city. His new role as small fish in the big pond should be interesting.
Apparently he's confusing his sideshow head with "celebrity"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom