Providence Post-Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Providence Post-Game Thread

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
The attendance numbers are published as part of the Season Stats and can be found at the bottom of this link.
I know that is from the athletic department, shows "attendance". But watching the game yesterday there were many empty seats. Gampel has 10167 seats, that document you shared had " attendance " at 10167. How about honest tickets scanned (actual bodies in seats) count?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I know that is from the athletic department, shows "attendance". But watching the game yesterday there were many empty seats. Gampel has 10167 seats, that document you shared had " attendance " at 10167. How about honest tickets scanned (actual bodies in seats) count?
I don't believe any school tracks attendance that way (scanned tickets or bodies in seat). The game yesterday was sold out. If UCONN sold you a ticket for the game and you didn't bother to show up to get your ticket scanned why should that count against the attendance?

Reaction Score
Best thing about this game was watching us play lock down defense. f

The last handful of games, the team defense has been UCONN like basketball. We have the Usual Suspects, (Evina ONO Williams) that we can count on every night for a defensive impact: however the three that have really caught my eye are Nika, Azzi and Dorka.

* Nika Muhl doesn't get a lot of praise, mostly due to her lack of offense. But her defense tenacity has been incredible including the stretch when she was playing high minutes due to injuries. Now that we can extend the pressure she has been even more effective.

* Since Azzi has returned from injury her defense has picked up. She's not getting beat off the dribble and she is making more plays (steals, Blocks, Charges) She's not just an offensive threat.

* Dorka defensive interior play has really flashed the last couple of games and she has helped stabilize Inside toughness that was struggling early part of the season. Filling in for Liv has really helped her get her footing. Lately, her aggression towards defensive rebound has been a big plus.

This team with a healthy bench should be able to sustain a defensive presence during games, that makes other teams irritable.

Reaction Score
wasnt there a thread on this titled “so, what do we have to complain about now” or something like that

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
wasnt there a thread on this titled “so, what do we have to complain about now” or something like that
Maybe but don't advertise and post full attendance when it's a fallacy.

sun

Reaction Score
If a person really wanted to know, they would need to either make some phone calls asking if that info. can be made available, or simply file a Freedom of Information request in writing and wait for a response.
They may or may not even keep track of the number of ripped tickets.
They know how many were sold, but we don't know if they keep track of how many are ripped if season tickets are simply counted the same as sold tickets for attendance & revenue purposes.
There isn't a problem unless 2 people claim to have a ticket for the same seat.

UConn may be leaving out the word "paid" as in paid attendance when reporting attendance figures.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not seeing things the same way you do. It won't be this year for Piath, so hopefully next year. Piath still has a substantial way to go to become an impact post for UCONN.

All she needs is playing time to prove her worth. On a minutes per game basis, she would be the team's leading rebounder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom