Providence Post-Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Providence Post-Game Thread

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
today’s was the most impressive yet, given she a tiny window to get the pass over a defender and into Christyn’s hands.
Truly a football p[lay
QB throws a 35 yard TD pass to a streaking wide-out
She understood, signaled touchdown.

Reaction Score
What might make more sense is to read a few of them over time, note the poster names, keep track. You may find some of them are consistently giving you better than you get from typical newspaper articles.
I have read them, and I read 3 or 4 different news feeds, I watch the games, and other teams. I listen to the announcers...from my point of view, they are excessive in content. If I want to read a novel, I buy a John Grisham book.

Reaction Score
Just the first 14 seconds of this video will convince them.

What a "sick" video. I couldn't pull away from watching the whole thing. DT is just "crazy." How lucky have us Husky fans been?

Back to this team-- I'm starting to scream and yell much more like what I did several years ago for several players instead of just 1 or 2. There's a feel of "craziness" settling in like the past. Can't wait for UCONN to face a top ten team. I believe UCONN deserves a 2 seed and shouldn't be in the South Carolina or Stanford bracket but whatever bracket - whoever UCONN faces - can't wait to see what "this current team" will show. Win or lose -even if they play SC or Stanford in round of 16 or whatever- who cares. Who cares about consecutive FF's.

Reaction Score

That is a crazy video, a wonderful compilation of great and off the chart college and mostly professional-era plays by DT. I'd bet if Paige is fortunate enough to play another 18 to 20 years, her video will look every bit as good.

I got a special kick out of the play in which Diana fires to ball off the fallen opponent to deflect it out of bounds. That was eye-catching, and reflects a bit of DT's personality. It surely looked like she could have even more easily have just passed it to her teammate standing 10 feet away.

Anyway, CocoHusky, I have always ranked Diana as one of the all-time greats. The video convinces me she also has been capable of some darned amazing plays.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
What might make more sense is to read a few of them over time, note the poster names, keep track. You may find some of them are consistently giving you better than you get from typical newspaper articles.
Yeah, I always want to know what @oldude and @Eric have to say.

Reaction Score
No worries. Paige hasn't forgotten how to shoot the ball. Today it appeared that she was focused on distributing the basketball. As for the competition, the semis and finals of the BE tournament will both be competitive games and the Big Dance will force the Huskies to play progressively stronger competition each and every game, just like every year, something that Geno and his coaching staff are as good at preparing for as any staff in basketball.
I guess I am talking about the offensive aggressiveness. Her " Minnesota Nice" personality makes her less aggressive when the score is lopsided. Its a habit.
I would just like to see it before we are down 15 in a FF game as she and ( Fudd) are our two best weapons.
The Iowa game today was a textbook case of an extremely aggressive offensive player, who got 11 dimes too.

mudblood

Incorrigible optimist
Reaction Score

Not a fair comparison with mostly clips of DT pro ball. We don't know about the future, and Paige may never become as good as Diana, but she is certainly as good if not better as a "freshman" (played only a few games as a soph then injured)

Reaction Score
I'm not seeing things the same way you do. It won't be this year for Piath, so hopefully next year. Piath still has a substantial way to go to become an impact post for UCONN.
I agree with you about this year for Piath. But I have to say I am impressed a little bit more each time I see her play. People can say "yeah, but it's against weak players." Maybe, but that ball moves. She is quick to shoot and keeps it above her head. I was surprised to see her dribble today and she did that okay. I'm starting to think that she will emerge next year as a strong post player.

Reaction Score
There are 15 A/A spots I think.

And 1st team A/a in one service gives 10 players 1st team A/A status.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not a fair comparison with mostly clips of DT pro ball. We don't know about the future, and Paige may never become as good as Diana, but she is certainly as good if not better as a "freshman" (played only a few games as a soph then injured)
The first 14 seconds of the video are what you need to pay attention to. It you are going to talk about DT as a UCONN passer there has never been a better pass that one in the History of UCONN WBB. Paige is a brilliant passer but let's not get it twisted, DT was equally brilliant if not better.

Reaction Score
You might want to watch the 2003 Final Four game vs Texas. Diana had some great passes including one amazing pass to Willnett from half court that she shot from the hip. It was incredible.

Uconn fans have been very lucky to see such amazingly talented players through the years
There was another pass that is etched in my mind, although I can't remember who she passed it to. It happened in the lane and DT caught the pass and flung it over her head behind her (no look) to someone under the basket. It was still, to this day, the most amazing pass I've seen. Paige is amazing, but I'd still put her on par with Taurasi from a passing perspective - they are both top notch.

EDIT: It's exactly what CoCoHusky posted in that video, right in the beginning.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That long full-court pass from Paige to Christyn was one of the most beautiful plays I've ever seen in all of sports.
She has a lot of those. How about the full court one to CW at end of half of the ND game

Far more important for the game than the providence one

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There was another pass that is etched in my mind, although I can't remember who she passed it to. It happened in the lane and DT caught the pass and flung it over her head behind her (no look) to someone under the basket. It was still, to this day, the most amazing pass I've seen. Paige is amazing, but I'd still put her on par with Taurasi from a passing perspective - they are both top notch.

EDIT: It's exactly what CoCoHusky posted in that video, right in the beginning.
It was the UConn-Penn State Regional final in Hartford in 2004. Poor Penn State was the #1 seed to UConn’s #2 seed in the Hartford region. Anyway, Dee did the overhead backward pass to Jess Moore, who missed the layup,LOL.

UCSB with Tennessee transfer April McDivitt played UConn in the previous game and McDivitt put on quite a show. The Civic Center showed its appreciation for the kid’s heart with some well-deserved applause.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It’s not a zero sum. Diana doesn’t have to be better than Paige or vice versa - they’re both Huskies, they’re both awesome, and we’re darned lucky to have them as two of “our girls”

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Can someone explain why UConn doesn't post actual attendance numbers. I believe some schools do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom