"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Hope we can land an OV in september or October

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Is MVA a Nike school?

Reaction Score
Not that anyone want's my "Poor Man Pessimistic Predicitons" but I'm gonna give them anyway as I am sure it is protected under some obscure article of the Constitution that nobody has read yet.

Rocket Watts: FSU or Xavier commit w/ UConn and Oregon as his fallbacks if things fall through.
Lester Quinones: NOT coming to UConn
James Bouknight: Despite that surprise VA Tech visit in two weeks, he will be a UConn commit in September
Precious Achiuwa: NOT coming to UConn
Akok Akok: Syracuse is gonna lock him down on an OV.
Tyrese Samuel: When Akok and Achiuwa fall through, Hurley and Co. are going to scramble to get this kid to Storrs for an OV and get him signed. Hopefully it won't be too late.
Kofi Cockburn: As long as Kentucky doesn't offer, he is going to a Husky. I'll admit, visiting FSU scares me but I predict we can beat them for a signature...but not Kentucky.
Tre Mitchell: Notre Dame boun.
Qudus Wahab: NOT coming to UConn
Anthony Harris: NOT coming to UConn
Isaiah Wong: Hurley will steal him from the Hurricanes to give UConn two guards in the 2019 class to go alongside "The Burn". Only thing that would change this is if Gaffney commits first.
Jalen Gaffney: Tre Mann commits to UF and convinces Gaffney to come play with him.
Al-Amir Dawes: The Wong back-up unit. If Wong fell through then Dawes would be Hurley's for the taking.

Feel free to hold me to these "PMPPs" and deride me the whole way. I am working on building up my mental defenses to antagonism prior to Officer Training School 2.0 starting in a few weeks.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Anything to be drawn from Kevin Boyle being at Montverde?

I know there was some history between Boyle and the Hurley's discussed in the Prayers for a Perfect Season doc on HBO several years ago, so there's at least alot familiarity there.

Reaction Score
Anything to be drawn from Kevin Boyle being at Montverde?

I know there was some history between Boyle and the Hurley's discussed in the Prayers for a Perfect Season doc on HBO several years ago, so there's at least alot familiarity there.
Boyle was a big time NJ HS coach at St Patricks (where Dawes plays currently) before going to MVA. So I'm sure the Hurleys know him well.

Reaction Score
Boyle and Bob Sr. were definite rivals, sometimes contentious one, in Jersey high school basketball. Lots of great match-ups between St. Pat’s and St. Anthony over the years.

Reaction Score
Not that anyone want's my "Poor Man Pessimistic Predicitons" but I'm gonna give them anyway as I am sure it is protected under some obscure article of the Constitution that nobody has read yet.

Rocket Watts: FSU or Xavier commit w/ UConn and Oregon as his fallbacks if things fall through.
Lester Quinones: NOT coming to UConn
James Bouknight: Despite that surprise VA Tech visit in two weeks, he will be a UConn commit in September
Precious Achiuwa: NOT coming to UConn
Akok Akok: Syracuse is gonna lock him down on an OV.
Tyrese Samuel: When Akok and Achiuwa fall through, Hurley and Co. are going to scramble to get this kid to Storrs for an OV and get him signed. Hopefully it won't be too late.
Kofi Cockburn: As long as Kentucky doesn't offer, he is going to a Husky. I'll admit, visiting FSU scares me but I predict we can beat them for a signature...but not Kentucky.
Tre Mitchell: Notre Dame boun.
Qudus Wahab: NOT coming to UConn
Anthony Harris: NOT coming to UConn
Isaiah Wong: Hurley will steal him from the Hurricanes to give UConn two guards in the 2019 class to go alongside "The Burn". Only thing that would change this is if Gaffney commits first.
Jalen Gaffney: Tre Mann commits to UF and convinces Gaffney to come play with him.
Al-Amir Dawes: The Wong back-up unit. If Wong fell through then Dawes would be Hurley's for the taking.

Feel free to hold me to these "PMPPs" and deride me the whole way. I am working on building up my mental defenses to antagonism prior to Officer Training School 2.0 starting in a few weeks.

Where is Achiuwa going? St Johns???

I'm going with Achiuwa, Cockburn (Memphis gets Wiseman, Kentucky targets Igiehon), Bouknight, Dawes, and a 5th year transfer.

Reaction Score

I'm going with Achiuwa, Cockburn (Memphis gets Wiseman, Kentucky targets Igiehon), Bouknight, Dawes, and a 5th year transfer.

I'm thinking as his stock rises he will get the other offers he has been stretching to get. Had you asked me a week or two ago I would have said we were getting him. But then again, I did see this was a "pessimistic" prediction.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I'm going with Achiuwa, Kofi (Memphis gets Wiseman, Kentucky targets Igiehon), Bouknight, Dawes, and a 5th year transfer.

This would make me very happy.

So annoying that if I quote a post using Kofi's last name my post gets moderated. Ironically though I can post Penisburn without a problem.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
If we got Achiuwa, Cockburn, Bouknight, and Gaffney/Dawes along with a grad transfer, that would be one of the best recruting classes in UConn History

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
That is if you think Gaffney will commit to UConn. My PMPP stated he would sign with UF.
I think he will sign with us. It’s between us and Florida and Florida just brought in a top 50 6’2 PG this year with Loche who is probably a 4 year player.

Reaction Score
Kentucky would have to battle it out with Louisville and a few other tough schools to get Igiehon. Agreed if UK doesn’t offer Kofi is likely ours. But I can’t wait to get Hamidou’d again

Reaction Score
I think he will sign with us. It’s between us and Florida and Florida just brought in a top 50 6’2 PG this year with Loche who is probably a 4 year player.

I hope your right. My Poor-Man Optimistic Predictions would look a lot different.

Reaction Score
Kentucky would have to battle it out with Louisville and a few other tough schools to get Igiehon. Agreed if UK doesn’t offer Kofi is likely ours. But I can’t wait to get Hamidou’d again

I can wait years...heck, all eternity...for us to get Hamidou'd again.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Has there been any indication outside the Boneyard that Kentucky might have Kofi 4th? He is going to visit, which is more than the other two kids can say, right?

Reaction Score
Has there been any indication outside the Boneyard that Kentucky might have Kofi 4th? He is going to visit, which is more than the other two kids can say, right?

****EDITED to change KU to Kentucky to fit the vernacular****

Kentucky only has one available scholarship left and 8 open offers...Kofi isn't one of them.

If you live by 247sports predictions then it makes sense. Kentucky has already signed 3 players to include 2 guys listed on 247 as SF.

Bryan Antoine (SG) is slated to visit Kentucky on 22 September but is a 94% predicted Duke player (16 predictions)
Scottie Lewis and Keion Brooks are on Kentucky's radar but probably not as much seeing they are listed as SFs as well.
Vernon Carey is a PF and the closest to "The Burn" in height and weight I believe but is currently a 54% lean for Duke (13 predictions)
Jalen Lecque is still considering Kentucky.

But the most important one of them all in this debate:

James Wiseman. C from Memphis with 21 rpedictions....67% show him going to Memphis.

Aiden Igiehon, according to 247 does not have an official offer but that's because Kentucky is in hot pursuit of Wiseman.

There is also Jaden McDaniels out west...no official offer but he is interested in Kentucky and is the #4 player overall.

247 shows that Kofi has interest in Kentucky but it appears there is no offer from Kentucky which is very telling on their priorities. Igiehon would take the Wiseman offer if that fell through, clearly putting "The Burn" as the #3 guy. There seems to be a lot of other players out there that Kentucky has put more emphasis on which could make one argue that Kofi is indeed the #4 option. This all bodes well for the good guys.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
KU only has one available scholarship left and 8 open offers...Kofi isn't one of them.

If you live by 247sports predictions then it makes sense. Kentucky has already signed 3 players to include 2 guys listed on 247 as SF.

Bryan Antoine (SG) is slated to visit KU on 22 September but is a 94% predicted Duke player (16 predictions)
Scottie Lewis and Keion Brooks are on KU's radar but probably not as much seeing they are listed as SFs as well.
Vernon Carey is a PF and the closest to "The Burn" in height and weight I believe but is currently a 54% lean for Duke (13 predictions)
Jalen Lecque is still considering KU.

James Wiseman. C from Memphis with 21 rpedictions....67% show him going to Memphis.

Aiden Igiehon, according to 247 does not have an official offer but that's because KU is in hot pursuit of Wiseman.

There is also Jaden McDaniels out west...no official offer but he is interested in KU and is the #4 player overall.

247 shows that Kofi has interest in KU but it appears there is no offer from KU which is very telling on their priorities. Igiehon would take the Wiseman offer if that fell through, clearly putting "The Burn" as the #3 guy. There seems to be a lot of other players out there that KU has put more emphasis on which could make one argue that Kofi is indeed the #4 option. This all bodes well for the good guys.
What proof is there they like Igehon more than Kofi?

Reaction Score
Well according to Slater the visit isn’t for sure at all

Reaction Score
KU only has one available scholarship left and 8 open offers...Kofi isn't one of them.

Bryan Antoine (SG) is slated to visit KU on 22 September but is a 94% predicted Duke player (16 predictions)
Scottie Lewis and Keion Brooks are on KU's radar but probably not as much seeing they are listed as SFs as well.
Jalen Lecque is still considering KU.

Aiden Igiehon, according to 247 does not have an official offer but that's because KU is in hot pursuit of Wiseman.

There is also Jaden McDaniels out west...no official offer but he is interested in KU and is the #4 player overall.

247 shows that Kofi has interest in KU but it appears there is no offer from KU which is very telling on their priorities. Igiehon would take the Wiseman offer if that fell through, clearly putting "The Burn" as the #3 guy. There seems to be a lot of other players out there that KU has put more emphasis on which could make one argue that Kofi is indeed the #4 option. This all bodes well for the good guys.
I had read this twice before becoming sure "KU" was Kentucky, not Kansas. Still a good analysis. We'll be in on Cockburn to the end imo

Reaction Score
What proof is there they like Igehon more than Kofi?

From what I've gathered off of here and reading other websites....(yes I understand that's not coming from the horses mouth at Kentucky itself)....they've watched Igehon more.

Reaction Score
I had read this twice before becoming sure "KU" was Kentucky, not Kansas. Still a good analysis. We'll be in on Cockburn to the end imo

Oh yeah...thanks for the correction. I should go fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom