Precious Achiuwa Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
March 2019, Precious Achiuwa adds MARYLAND to his Top 6!

Maryland is having issues with football overall and not sure how that will affect basketball, but I wouldn't worry about Maryland, for now.

Reaction Score
Man is this true? Is the NCAA this big of a joke? If this happens, can't Hurley, Uconn, do anything? I am not as well informed about this as many of you are.I always figured the whole thing was corrupt, but what I am learning on the boneyard is just making me realize what a crap show this all is. Paying guys, going behind the back of programs that have signed someone. Unbelieveable.
Well I don’t think it becomes “tampering” until the kid enrolls at the school and starts attending classes. A Letter of Intent never really held any power; kids were just more committal last generation.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Maryland is having issues with football overall and not sure how that will affect basketball, but I wouldn't worry about Maryland, for now.

Under Armour money conquers all.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Well I don’t think it becomes “tampering” until the kid enrolls at the school and starts attending classes. A Letter of Intent never really held any power; kids were just more committal last generation.

It was an honor code thing back in the day. Ain't no honor anymore either.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
at this time, one has very little to do with the other.
UM has Under Armor and P5 exposure - that alone is worth a worry

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm not going to underestimate Capel. He will get very good recruits to Pitt sooner or later, IMHO.

Pretty good read on what he's already done here.
Capel is a recruiting machine and will go toe to toe with the Squid, K, Self and all the heavy hitters
DH may develop into that level of recruiter but he is not in their league by a long shot presently
Capel was a GREAT pick by Pitt to get top players to that program
Now game management is another story......................

Reaction Score
Package deals almost never actually materialize but if there were a year for it to happen this would be a good year with 5 open scholarships
No package deals yes, however one intial signee can sometimes cause the dominoes to fall in the same direction if the recruiting coach knows how to capitalize on that. I hope Hurley is getting some pointers from Geno. The dominoes fell a couple times for the UConn women, particularly in 1997 when he signed Sue Bird, Tamika Williams (NPOY), Swin Cash (broke Pat Summit's heart), and Ashja Jones, can't remember for sure who he signed first though. I think it was Sue or Swin. Maybe someone on the Boneyard remembers.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Capel is a recruiting machine and will go toe to toe with the Squid, K, Self and all the heavy hitters
Dan Hurley may develop into that level of recruiter but he is not in their league by a long shot presently
Now game management is another story.......

Depends how much money is made available Caple is a well known pay-for-play guy. It's not his winning personality that's getting it done

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No package deals yes, however one intial signee can sometimes cause the dominoes to fall in the same direction if the recruiting coach knows how to capitalize on that. I hope Hurley is getting some pointers from Geno. The dominoes fell a couple times for the UConn women, particularly in 1997 when he signed Sue Bird, Tamika Williams (NPOY), Swin Cash (broke Pat Summit's heart), and Ashja Jones, can't remember for sure who he signed first though. I think it was Sue or Swin. Maybe someone on the Boneyard remembers.

wasn't there a "K" in that class as well? Known as the TASK force (with two Ss)
The K ended up not graduating with the others and was less prolific.

Reaction Score
wasn't there a "K" in that class as well? Known as the TASK force (with two Ss)
The K ended up not graduating with the others and was less prolific.
Had to stop playing, knee issues as I recall.

Reaction Score
I’m not saying it wouldn’t be ideal, I’m just saying that this is clearly Chief just blowing smoke out of his ass. There’s not going to be a package deal in our class unless it’s Achiuwa and Quinones which looks totally unlikely. Nobody else we’ve offered has been considered a package by anyone.

If they're concentric rings of white smoke, Chief may be onto something.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley may develop into that level of recruiter but he is not in their league by a long shot presently
Now game management is another story.......

Last two years as a head coach he was 13-18 and 14-18, so he was on the uptick.

Reaction Score
This is good for him. He wants to be a 1 and done. Not many better places for that kind of exposure especially as the team's biggest star.

Reaction Score
All the staff can do is keep stressing that he is a top priority by making all efforts to go see him. Looks like it’s gonna be a battle, but it’s great to know we are gonna be in the thick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom