Precious Achiuwa Update | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Wednesday's Leftovers: Latest on Precious Achiuwa, Syracuse, more

Precious Achiuwa
has yet to speak much on his recruitment, as he placed the majority of his attention on his final summer of travel ball play. Before he begins his senior year - and with a few weeks of down time - I would expect Achiuwa to take a greater look into his recruitment and a final list to be made.

He could put things off a little further and not sign until the late period in April, but either way, look for St. John’s and UConn to be the top contenders at the end of the day. Selecting between the two at the current moment is difficult, but the Huskies might have the slight lead. Then again, do not discount UCLA, Kansas or even Pitt, three of the many schools that have placed a heavy priority on Achiuwa over the past few months.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
For the sake of my health, I hope this does not go until April.

Also, I continue to laugh at Pitt's presence on the periphery of all these top guys. Other than Wahab, I really don't see them having any shot at any of the kids they're being mentioned with.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Even if we sign him this is going til April and beyond. Other programs aren't going to stop recruiting him – especially Kansas & UCLA.

Reaction Score
Even if we sign him this is going til April and beyond. Other programs aren't going to stop recruiting him – especially Kansas & UCLA.
Man is this true? Is the NCAA this big of a joke? If this happens, can't Hurley, Uconn, do anything? I am not as well informed about this as many of you are.I always figured the whole thing was corrupt, but what I am learning on the boneyard is just making me realize what a crap show this all is. Paying guys, going behind the back of programs that have signed someone. Unbelieveable.

Reaction Score
Looking like Josh Green will be their SF commit.

KU is trending for Sam Williamson too, so hopefully that comes to fruition.
And KU is trending for Matthew Hurt too. Him going to SJU would sting so hard too ugh

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
They're basically a lock for JRE and Williamson, and have a good shot at Hurt. They also have Jacobs committed at the 1. If all of those guys end up there, I couldn't see Achiuwa or Cockburn picking KU.
Great intel as always. Thanks for dialing down the anxiety dial a bit.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

Also, I continue to laugh at Pitt's presence on the periphery of all these top guys. Other than Wahab, I really don't see them having any shot at any of the kids they're being mentioned with.

I'm not going to underestimate Capel. He will get very good recruits to Pitt sooner or later, IMHO.

Pretty good read on what he's already done here.

C

Chief00

There is going to be at least one package deal, maybe two this year. Seldom does either happen.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
There is going to be at least one package deal, maybe two this year. Seldom does either happen.
Really glad you said that, because there will almost certainly be zero.

Quinones isn’t coming here, and nobody else we’re looking at like Gaffney, Dawes, Kofi, etc are package deal candidates.

Reaction Score

Quinones isn’t coming here, and nobody else we’re looking at like Gaffney, Dawes, Kofi, etc are package deal candidates.
Package deals almost never actually materialize but if there were a year for it to happen this would be a good year with 5 open scholarships

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

Chief has inside information that we don’t. If it’s #ChiefConfirmed it’s pretty much a lock.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Package deals almost never actually materialize but if there were a year for it to happen this would be a good year with 5 open scholarships
I’m not saying it wouldn’t be ideal, I’m just saying that this is clearly Chief just blowing smoke out of his ass. There’s not going to be a package deal in our class unless it’s Achiuwa and Quinones which looks totally unlikely. Nobody else we’ve offered has been considered a package by anyone.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I’m not saying it wouldn’t be ideal, I’m just saying that this is clearly Chief just blowing smoke out of his ass. There’s not going to be a package deal in our class unless it’s Achiuwa and Quinones which looks totally unlikely. Nobody else we’ve offered has been considered a package by anyone.
If Springs reclassifies could be a Bouknight/Springs deal. Which there is no evidence of pure speculation but it’s the only other package that makes sense.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
oh just you wait. as long as we get two recruits, he'll call it a package deal lol

Anyone who thinks two recruits who aren’t even in the same class (Kisunas and Sharif Kenney) are a “package” has no idea what the word means.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
If Springs reclassifies could be a Bouknight/Springs deal. Which there is no evidence of pure speculation but it’s the only other package that makes sense.
Sprigs is a talented kid, but he’s have to get a lot better this winter to be ready next fall. And I don’t know how old he is. But right now he’s a 6’8 face up power forward who can’t shoot 3s and has an iffy 2FG%. He also isn’t a great rebounder or shot blocker. I want to see how he develops

Reaction Score
Sprigs is a talented kid, but he’s have to get a lot better this winter to be ready next fall. And I don’t know how old he is. But right now he’s a 6’8 face up power forward who can’t shoot 3s and has an iffy 2FG%. He also isn’t a great rebounder or shot blocker. I want to see how he develops

I think he dropped a ton in the rankings this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom