Postgrad Watch 3.0 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Postgrad Watch 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have no idea, I am guessing some people were close to him when he was here, the thought of him coming back makes me want to throw up in my mouth.
Okay...you really don't need to go that far.

Reaction Score
So Rice's coach is off to VCU and their leading scorer, guard Marcus Evans, is also transferring. Could make it easier for Koulechov to leave
And Dwayne Killings is now following Rice's new head coach Scott Pera and assistant coach JD Byers.

Reaction Score
And Dwayne Killings is now following Rice's new head coach Scott Pera and assistant coach JD Byers.
Any insight as to what that means, or at least any reason to that?

Reaction Score
If mid-February means Feb 15, then starting with the Feb 15 game against Memphis, UConn played 14 games. TSam had two good games -- the NCAA tourney games against Villanova and Iowa State, when we needed a third guard to match the opponent. Apart from those two games, he scored 17 points total in the other 12 games, less than 1.5 per game. He had 10 rebounds total in the 12 games, 0.8 per game. Terrence Samuel 2013-14 GGame Log | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

That team just had a shortage of guards. After Shabazz and Boat, there was TSam, Omar who was 6'6" with a poor handle, and Lasan Kromah 6'6" likewise. In the Nova and ISU games, any third guard would have done as well as TSam, all the attention was on Shabazz, Boat, Giffey, and Deandre. I'm glad TSam stepped up in those games, but he is the definition of a replaceable player.

I am not advocating for TSam at all but in the Nova game Shabazz missed the last part of the first half, and Boat was in trouble himself, so TSam took over--all by himself--and he lead a comeback. He was huge that game, best he has ever played, best 10 minutes of his life, and although Shabazz wasn't on the floor to take the pressure off him, I'm going to guess that Villanova didn't scout him well because he surprised them by going to the hoop strong and fearlessly.

That 10 minutes was lightning in a bottle.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Nobody wants Terrence Samuel to come in and be a consistent rotation player, some of us(myself included) would rather he gets a scholarship than a walk on. At the very least he's more capable of committing intentional fouls than Noyes, would provide great leadership, and we could celebrate his accomplishments on senior day.

Let's hope we get two better players to fill those spots first.

Reaction Score
I am not advocating for TSam at all but in the Nova game Shabazz missed the last part of the first half, and Boat was in trouble himself, so TSam took over--all by himself--and he lead a comeback. He was huge that game, best he has ever played, best 10 minutes of his life, and although Shabazz wasn't on the floor to take the pressure off him, I'm going to guess that Villanova didn't scout him well because he surprised them by going to the hoop strong and fearlessly.

That 10 minutes was lightning in a bottle.
TSam played well in that game but to say he took over all by himself is a bit of a stretch. That first half was a team effort.

Reaction Score
Any insight as to what that means, or at least any reason to that?
Word is that Koulechov is likely going to go play overseas.

Also I don't think you'd see a UConn coach prying about a kid who hasn't declared he's transferring. They didn't with Shonn Miller, and the Cornell coach noted that this made him really respect and be willing to recommend KO to Shonn Miller.

I would guess Evans is more likely the target here. His usage rate is way too high, but still managed an average of a 110 ORtg his two years at Rice. He also shot 37.6% from 3 this year at 6.5 3PA and about 80% from the line, so he's a solid shooter.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Sean Obi is graduating and transferring from Duke

Averaged 11ppg and 9rpg at Rice his freshman year. Transferred and barely even got off the bench at Duke. Kid has game.

Reaction Score
Didn't stop DeJuan Blair from being a pain in our ass for a good few years.

That said, put him right below T-Sam on the "next" list that we pass on to Oz, please.
Can't make it up.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Koulechov said he is deciding between turning pro or using his fifth year of eligibility elsewhere. Koulechov is graduating this year. He has an extensive background in international basketball.

Let's. Make. This. Happen.

Get Doron on the phone. Get Nadav. Get Uri Cohen-Mintz and Gilad Katz. Get it done, KO!!!!!!

Reaction Score
"Koulechov said he is deciding between turning pro or using his fifth year of eligibility elsewhere. Koulechov is graduating this year. He has an extensive background in international basketball."

Likely going to go make money, but god after the Vance news he would be perfect. Let's trade with coach Pera, Enoch for Koulechov, after all Killings is his newest twitter follower (/s).

Reaction Score
Koulechov said he is deciding between turning pro or using his fifth year of eligibility elsewhere. Koulechov is graduating this year. He has an extensive background in international basketball.

Let's. Make. This. Happen.

Get Doron on the phone. Get Nadav. Get Uri Cohen-Mintz and Gilad Katz. Get it done, KO!!!!!!

Agree that he would be PERFECT for us.

Reaction Score
Ollie, Killings and Chill need to call Koulechov right away. May probably want to go somewhere to start, he was playing 35 minutes a game.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Ollie, Killings and Chill need to call Koulechov right away. May probably want to go somewhere to start, he was playing 35 minutes a game.
He would start here. I'd imagine he'd play the 3, sliding Larrier to the 4. Center is going to be by committee unless we bring in a grad transfer.

Reaction Score
I'd love to hear about more guys than this Kouch dude. There are a ton of options and I realize he'd be great but I don't really watch much other than UConn so I'm hoping to hear about some new names.

Reaction Score
Have we actually started a list of who's available? Postgrads, transfers, etc.? Wading through some of these threads isn't always fruitful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom