Postgrad Watch 3.0 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Postgrad Watch 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I did a little digging and couldn't find anything so I compiled a spreadsheet (I like spreadsheets) for Transfers and Post-grad transfers that I found. I've put it up on Google as a viewable doc for anyone interested:

Transfers tab is sorted by default by eligibility remaining, post grad tab is sorted by default by player's first name

(warning, I've never actually used a Google doc before so if I've effed this up, well, I'll try to fix it)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I did a little digging and couldn't find anything so I compiled a spreadsheet (I like spreadsheets) for Transfers and Post-grad transfers that I found. I've put it up on Google as a viewable doc for anyone interested:

Transfers tab is sorted by default by eligibility remaining, post grad tab is sorted by default by player's first name

(warning, I've never actually used a Google doc before so if I've effed this up, well, I'll try to fix it)

Nice work man.

Reaction Score
Koulechov said he is deciding between turning pro or using his fifth year of eligibility elsewhere. Koulechov is graduating this year. He has an extensive background in international basketball.

Let's. Make. This. Happen.

Get Doron on the phone. Get Nadav. Get Uri Cohen-Mintz and Gilad Katz. Get it done, KO!!!!!!

If I could give this more then one like I wouldn't stop until we get him. Exactly what the DOCTOR ordered!

Reaction Score
Ahmed Hamdy-Mohamed is grad transferring from VCU. Big, decently talented center. Ex JuCo player

Reaction Score
Ahmed Hamdy-Mohamed is grad transferring from VCU. Big, decently talented center. Ex JuCo player

He's another one of those fouling machines (7.4 fouls per 40 minutes, which is outrageous) who posts good per-minute numbers: he's at 18 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 blocks per 40. It's worth mentioning that he played well in their tournament loss to St. Mary's, going for 12, 5, and 2 on 5 for 7 from the field. Other thing is, guy has a very high free throw rate, so at least if he's picking up fouls he'll be drawing some and getting to the line as well.

On the surface it doesn't look great to be adding <15 minute guys, but at this point, we're not looking for somebody to come in and play 40 minutes. It's going to be by committee, and if this guy can give us 15-20 minutes a game at center, I think it benefits us a lot.

Reaction Score
He's another one of those fouling machines (7.4 fouls per 40 minutes, which is outrageous) who posts good per-minute numbers: he's at 18 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 blocks per 40. It's worth mentioning that he played well in their tournament loss to St. Mary's, going for 12, 5, and 2 on 5 for 7 from the field. Other thing is, guy has a very high free throw rate, so at least if he's picking up fouls he'll be drawing some and getting to the line as well.

On the surface it doesn't look great to be adding <15 minute guys, but at this point, we're not looking for somebody to come in and play 40 minutes. It's going to be by committee, and if this guy can give us 15-20 minutes a game at center, I think it benefits us a lot.

His foul rate could be an extension of the way VCU plays. Obviously, I didn't watch a great deal of their games, so I don't for fact. But, their guards pressure so much, if they get beat, it leaves the bigs in a bad situations at the rim.

Reaction Score
Oz said on Twitter that he talked to Koulechov already and that he's a weird kid who isn't coming here

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Oz said on Twitter that he talked to Koulechov already and that he's a weird kid who isn't coming here

Who is Oz on twitter? That forum sucks balls. Not sure how anyone stands it. I mean, we've got our share of characters, but you guys are collectively Einsteins, Mother Theresas, and an absolute pleasure compared to those yahoos.

Reaction Score
Who is Oz on twitter? That forum sucks balls. Not sure how anyone stands it. I mean, we've got our share of characters, but you guys are collectively Einsteins, Mother Theresas, and an absolute pleasure compared to those yahoos.
Oz is a friend of KO's who is tight with the program. He posts on the other site but many UConn fans ask him questions on twitter as well

Reaction Score
Oz is a friend of KO's who is tight with the program. He posts on the other site but many UConn fans ask him questions on twitter as well
What's the other site?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Yeah, I know that. My question is: what is OZ's twitter handle?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I recently rewatched that Nova second round game. TSam bricked like 3 or 4 layups the first two minutes he was in and got another shot blocked and I think had another turnover. Eventually he hit a bunch of free throws though. We all have revisionist history on his performance that game. Kromah was the true bench hero. I'd kill for a postgrad like him next year. Remember the GW fan who came here saying he'd start over Boatright and be a lottery pick though? Lol

Reaction Score

Not a Post-grad but you can add this to the list

Reaction Score
Not a Post-grad but you can add this to the list

Athletic dunk-everything-he-can big with a bunch of high level offers (Purdue, Memphis, Xavier, Maryland, Tenn, Purdue, etc). Nice looking shot, shows some range. Don't think we were ever involved but he did commit pretty early for a JuCo guy so that might not hurt us if we wanted to look into it.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, you just earned yourself a job at UConn. They could use your organizational skills. Give Chil your list and let him go.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
What a great get for Coach White.

Aren't they in on cam Johnson too? They could be better next year than their EE team this year.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

If you get him and Williams you have protection up front in case the frosh aren't ready.

Then they can focus on wings and guards with the last 2 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom