Postgrad Watch 3.0 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Postgrad Watch 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I like the mentions of a few local guys (for me in Buffalo), but is there any more to the story of the Rice kid from Israel?

He's got a hockey name, but by the looks of it there's not much not to like ... Is he highly coveted as a potential postgrad?

Those numbers and that skill set seem almost too good to be true.

Reaction Score
I like a few local guys (for me in Buffalo), but is there any more to the story of the Rice kid from Israel?

He's got a hockey name, but by the looks of it there's not much not to like ... Is he highly coveted as a potential postgrad?

Those numbers and that skill set seem almost too good to be true.
Oz said he didn't think he's gonna leave rice .

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I know everyone wants a big, but I would love a shooter with some size. That is what I think is needed for this team

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He's a redshirt sophomomore and I read on the Pitt board he's on track to graduate this spring.
That sounds like a first!

Is he any good and why would he want to leave? I don't know anything about him, but it would be interesting to know

Reaction Score
That sounds like a first!

Is he any good and why would he want to leave? I don't know anything about him, but it would be interesting to know
Haven't seen him play . His numbers look pretty decent and obviously has a lot of size for a guard . Was reading that a lot of the players at Pitt aren't big fans of stallings .

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Haven't seen him play . His numbers look pretty decent and obviously has a lot of size for a guard . Was reading that a lot of the players at Pitt aren't big fans of stallings .
They also have 6 guys on next year's roster who can play SG and SF. Maybe the kid is tired of getting recruited over?

Regardless, we'd absolutely have room for a guy who averaged 12 ppg on 42% 3-point shooting in the ACC last year. I'd take him 10x out of 10.

Reaction Score
They also have 6 guys on next year's roster who can play SG and SF. Maybe the kid is tired of getting recruited over?

Regardless, we'd absolutely have room for a guy who averaged 12 ppg on 42% 3-point shooting in the ACC last year. I'd take him 10x out of 10.
I've been on the train of a postgrad for next year to keep the options open for 2018 recruiting.

But if this kid wanted to come here there's no chance I'd say no. 12 PPG in the ACC level talent is pretty much best case scenario for anyone I want us to get in 2018

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Cameron Johnson looks like a longer Vance, not a bad thing but also still technically a tweener, looks promising.

pj

Reaction Score
Always take shooters,but we need Bigs.

We don't have space for bigs until Enoch and Cobb graduate. Class of 2019 will be the next big man.

Reaction Score
Uconn needs/should recruit four year student/athletes rather than one and done (or two and done) athlete/"students". There is a difference. I truly believe that.

Get guys who love getting to know their team mates and end up loving to play together with high bball IQ even if skill is a little lower than the most powerful of the P5. Get guys who actually want an education (Okafor) along with playing ball. Not just there to play ball for a season or two max while trying to draw the attention of NBA personal. Find some European in Croatia who has been coached to death on how to run a pick and roll or set proper screens...

I want and would love to see 3 (Okafor) and 4 year players. I would love if Uconn was "THAT " team. They can be. That Middle Tenn/Princeton type...EXCEPT, this is uconn, with the history they have and they are playing like those teams as a 2 or 4 seed or whatever...hard to explain what I mean. Like an advanced version of those teams suited for the p5.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We don't have space for bigs until Enoch and Cobb graduate. Class of 2019 will be the next big man.

I hope you are wrong as I hate to think we will have to wait until then to get a good big man. Extremely doubtful that Enoch or Cobb will be the big man we really need and the whole frontcourt by committee nonsense is not the answer. We need a big who can play D and rebound and we need him ASAP.

C

Chief00

I hope I am wrong - but I don't see Cobb as a starter calibar baller.

Reaction Score
Uconn needs/should recruit four year student/athletes rather than one and done (or two and done) athlete/"students". There is a difference. I truly believe that.

Get guys who love getting to know their team mates and end up loving to play together with high bball IQ even if skill is a little lower than the most powerful of the P5. Get guys who actually want an education (Okafor) along with playing ball. Not just there to play ball for a season or two max while trying to draw the attention of NBA personal. Find some European in Croatia who has been coached to death on how to run a pick and roll or set proper screens...

I want and would love to see 3 (Okafor) and 4 year players. I would love if Uconn was "THAT " team. They can be. That Middle Tenn/Princeton type...EXCEPT, this is uconn, with the history they have and they are playing like those teams as a 2 or 4 seed or whatever...hard to explain what I mean. Like an advanced version of those teams suited for the p5.

In a perfect world, that's how things would work, and UConn would have three or four scholarship players in every class. However, UConn will have no seniors next year, and compensated by having a 5 man freshman class. I don't think bringing in a sixth freshman who would probably be another project would help at this point - not to mention there would be no scholarships left for incoming 2018 freshmen, assuming nobody leaves. (Having only one scholarship per class will bring its own problems a few years down the road.). As it stands, they are essentially bringing in seven new players next year, and the person filling that last scholarship should be a tested college player who won't use up the 2018 scholarship, rather than another question mark.

On a separate note, I see that Larrier is listed as a junior on the chart for next year. He will be an academic senior, but will only be playing his second year of college ball. Will he have one or two years of eligibility remaining after next year (apologies if this was already explained)?

Reaction Score
In a perfect world, that's how things would work, and UConn would have three or four scholarship players in every class. However, UConn will have no seniors next year, and compensated by having a 5 man freshman class. I don't think bringing in a sixth freshman who would probably be another project would help at this point - not to mention there would be no scholarships left for incoming 2018 freshmen, assuming nobody leaves. (Having only one scholarship per class will bring its own problems a few years down the road.). As it stands, they are essentially bringing in seven new players next year, and the person filling that last scholarship should be a tested college player who won't use up the 2018 scholarship, rather than another question mark.

On a separate note, I see that Larrier is listed as a junior on the chart for next year. He will be an academic senior, but will only be playing his second year of college ball. Will he have one or two years of eligibility remaining after next year (apologies if this was already explained)?
He has 2 years of eligibility remaining, and could presumably get a 3rd (6th) year if he applied for a medical redshirt for this past season. But he's likely to leave sometime before that possible 6th year ever becomes a possibility

Reaction Score
You wouldn't take Mathews as a post grad? If he's willing to come off the bench, I'd say why not?
Why would Matthews leave? I guess only if Hurley goes, The other guy no thanks, he's miserable.

Reaction Score
People keep talking about guards because we need scoring. For all the talent we have at guard, they aren't shooters.

Wings with a jumper and bangers are needed.

Reaction Score
People keep talking about guards because we need scoring. For all the talent we have at guard, they aren't shooters.

Wings with a jumper and bangers are needed.
Here are the following points and wings.....

J. Adams
A. Gilbert
M. Ashton-Langford
C. Vital
V. Jackson
T. Larrier
T. Polley

You don't think that's enough scoring or shooting from the guard position??

Now let's look at our post players...

J. Carlton
E. Cobb
M. Diarra
J. Durham
S. Enoch

Not one of those post players have proven that they could play at the college level, not one and only two of them have even played and they played poor at best.

Wake up guys we need a post in the worst way.

Reaction Score

J. Adams
A. Gilbert
M. Ashton-Langford
C. Vital
V. Jackson
T. Larrier
T. Polley

J. Carlton
E. Cobb
M. Diarra
J. Durham
S. Enoch

Not one of those post players have proven that they could play at the college level, not one and only two of them have even played and they played poor at best.

If all of our wishin' and hopin' comes thru we could be OK but why chance it? Surprised more don't agree.

Reaction Score

J. Adams
A. Gilbert
M. Ashton-Langford
C. Vital
V. Jackson
T. Larrier
T. Polley

J. Carlton
E. Cobb
M. Diarra
J. Durham
S. Enoch

No, not even close on the shooting end. Also, I said shooters and bangers. Bangers are rebounders with beef. So, I agree with you on the post but I'm still waiting for a reliable shooter to be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom