Possible UConn 2021 Recruits | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Possible UConn 2021 Recruits

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
U What that tells me is that @Tonyc may be correct, and UCONN has bigger fish in mind for 2019.

Here's to bigger fish!

Old man's gotta be the old man. Fish has got to be the fish. Gotta be who you are in this world, no matter what. (Robert McCall)

original-1582016-1.jpg

Reaction Score
I assume Tiny means the Shoreshots..............No doubt to see Justine Pissott and Sophia Sabino............I believe Pissot who is 6'1" with an excellent all game is actually a 2023 but playing up..............Sabino is a solid ball handler and passer but also a freakish defender is either a '21 or '22

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Has to be Destiny Adams right? She's the biggest name on that team.

Except a post-game photo and report makes it appear Adams wasn't there.

I don't think Adams plays for the Shoreshots...........UConn has watched them play several times in the past too..........Pisott and Sabino are supposed to be the real deal.........I've seen Pissott at NBS and you'd think she was a really good high school junior or senior skillwise

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't think Adams plays for the Shoreshots......UConn has watched them play several times in the past too.....Pisott and Sabino are supposed to be the real deal....I've seen Pissott at NBS and you'd think she was a really good high school junior or senior skillwise

She was playing for them as little as five months ago.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Forgot to mention, Fordham offered Nicole Melious. I guess when you have no shot at a player throw yourself at her while she's in 7th grade.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I mentioned Nicole Melious getting an offer from Fordham earlier. She's destroying her AAU competition as usual. In the past 10 days Melious has reportedly had the following stats:

30 points including 8 threes
23 points, 8 rebounds, 10 assists
27 points, 10 assists
34 points
32 points
29 points
37 points
53 points including 11 threes

Reaction Score
So, which one is she? Also, how do you get to see so many highly rated players?

for the past few years in the summer my daughter has been working out down at the Jersey shore at a facility where many of the better players train..............we combine it with some time at the beach to make it fun............she's also been lucky enough to play in high school against some really good teams like Saddle River Day, IHA and Lodi Immaculate...........we also go to tournaments she's not playing in just to watch............so I've been lucky to watch a lot of good NJ/NY basketball

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
for the past few years in the summer my daughter has been working out down at the Jersey shore at a facility where many of the better players train....we combine it with some time at the beach to make it fun..she's also been lucky enough to play in high school against some really good teams like Saddle River Day, IHA and Lodi Immaculate......we also go to tournaments she's not playing in just to watch..so I've been lucky to watch a lot of good NJ/NY basketball

And we've all benefited from that, thanks very much!
(As opposed to me, who will try to venture from my northern NJ home base from time to time to see HS games.)

Will have to see some of these "newer" prospects....when they're in high school? Geesh, is that right? :confused: (Having typed that, I'm liking the non-contact rule before junior year lacrosse implemented even more. Yes, I know you still have to see them, but scholarship offer in 7th grade?)

Reaction Score
And we've all benefited from that, thanks very much!
(As opposed to me, who will try to venture from my northern NJ home base from time to time to see HS games.)

Will have to see some of these "newer" prospects....when they're in high school? Geesh, is that right? :confused: (Having typed that, I'm liking the non-contact rule before junior year lacrosse implemented even more. Yes, I know you still have to see them, but scholarship offer in 7th grade?)

glad to pass on what I see/hear.......it's enjoyable and won't last much longer.........as far as Melious is concerned.............she is driven literally and figuratively by a somewhat maniacal dad..........works out 6-7 days a week 52 weeks out of the year which could lead to greatness or high school burnout..........................or both

Reaction Score
really glad to see UConn paying attention to these extremely advanced young players from NJ

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New reported UConn target: 6-1 guard/wing Sonia Citron out of Ursuline Academy in New York.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Citron averaged 20 points, 14 rebounds, and 8.5 assists as a freshmen.

Sonia Citron – 2021 – 6-0 – Guard/Forward – Hudson Valley Elite 16 Gold – Interesting mix of post and perimeter skills…Will hit the three off the jab…Comfortable handling the ball to score off the bounce…Comes to a jump stop and utilizes pivot foot to score

"Next" From National Harbor - Bluestar Media

What Citron brings to the table though is an incredible skill set that stood out at the Live at the House event during the September Live Period.

At 6'0" Citron is a floor general who is as good off the dribble as anyone that we saw in the deep and talented event held at House of Sports. Getting to the basket, Citron showed that she could use her combination of speed, size, and strength to finish against near anyone, and when she stepped out Citron also showed great range and the ability to connect from all over the court.

Citron herself says that while she thrived primarily on the ball for the Westchester Lady Bears and Hudson Valley Elite this summer on the AAU circuit, she can comfortably play the lead guard spot if that is what Ursuline head coach Beth Wooters needs, though she is willing to do anything for the team's ultimate success.

NYCHoops.net - Girls: NY State ninth grader already turning heads

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Citron averaged 20 points, 14 rebounds, and 8.5 assists as a freshmen.

Sonia Citron – 2021 – 6-0 – Guard/Forward – Hudson Valley Elite 16 Gold – Interesting mix of post and perimeter skills…Will hit the three off the jab…Comfortable handling the ball to score off the bounce…Comes to a jump stop and utilizes pivot foot to score

"Next" From National Harbor - Bluestar Media

What Citron brings to the table though is an incredible skill set that stood out at the Live at the House event during the September Live Period.

At 6'0" Citron is a floor general who is as good off the dribble as anyone that we saw in the deep and talented event held at House of Sports. Getting to the basket, Citron showed that she could use her combination of speed, size, and strength to finish against near anyone, and when she stepped out Citron also showed great range and the ability to connect from all over the court.

Citron herself says that while she thrived primarily on the ball for the Westchester Lady Bears and Hudson Valley Elite this summer on the AAU circuit, she can comfortably play the lead guard spot if that is what Ursuline head coach Beth Wooters needs, though she is willing to do anything for the team's ultimate success.

NYCHoops.net - Girls: NY State ninth grader already turning heads
20 and 14 as a freshman? Sounds like Kalana Greene.

Reaction Score
if I remember correctly Ursuline got crushed by Griffin's Ossining team by like 25 points........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom