Possible portal targets | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Possible portal targets

Reaction Score
56F49B6A-D7F4-4BD7-BEEA-97D3C3DDC58B.jpeg

Reaction Score
"Offensive tackle Tommy Brockermeyer, the No. 2 prospect in the 2021 ESPN 300, was among the Alabama players who entered the transfer portal on Monday. Starting left guard Javion Cohen, backup tackles Amari Kight and Damieon George, and backup center Tanner Bowles also intend to transfer."

UConn could start an all "EX-Alabama" offensive line next year!

Love this portal stuff. Just need to execute.

Reaction Score
Rocko Griffin (Jr/RB/5’9, 203) had 9 carries, 86 yards and a TD for Vandy in 2022. Played in just three games. Played in 11 games in 2021 (6 starts) had 145 carries, 517 yards, 4 TDs.

Rivaldo Fairweather (So/TE/6’5, 245) had 28 catches, 426 yards and 3 TDs for FIU, in 12 games this season. In his career, 54 catches, 838 yards, and 5 TDs.

Reaction Score
View attachment 81551

FWIW: This is what I have currently for just Transfer Portal offers for 2023 to date:
2023 UConn Offer/Commit List (click on commit's name link for Highlights)
  1. Tyler Manoa (OL/DL) - Heywood CA>UCLA (Transfer Portal) (Mora)
  2. Shane Cokes (DL) - Dayton Ohio>Dartmouth College (Transfer Portal) (Mora)
  3. Da’Quan Felton (WR) - Portsmouth Virginia> Norfolk State University (Transfer Portal) (Mora)
  4. Lavoris Fleming (OL) - Milwaukee Wisconsin>Virginia University-Lynchburg (Transfer Portal) (Mora)
  5. Anthony Queeley (WR) - Orlando Florida> Syracuse University (Transfer Portal) (Mora)
  6. Ahmad McCullough (LB) - Baltimore Maryland>University of Maryland (Transfer Portal) (Mora)
  7. Rivaldo Fairweather (TE) - Lauderhill Florida>FIU (Transfer Portal) (Mora)
  8. Rocko Griffin (RB) - Rincon Georgia>Vanderbilt University (Transfer Portal) (Mora)
  9. Tanner Arkin (TE) - Fort Collins Colorado>Colorado State University (Transfer Portal) (Mora)
  10. Weston Wolff (TE) - Venice Florida>!University of Maryland (Transfer Portal) (Mora)

Reaction Score
I

wasnt knocking Boyle in high school. Didn’t mention Boyle in high school. Did mention Boyle in college where the record speaks for itself
Was this quote a typo?
"Boyle didn’t play at a level which Pyne played at in high school."

Reaction Score
Was this quote a typo?
"Boyle didn’t play at a level which Pyne played at in high school."
No, it was hyperbole. My point was that Pyne as a college player was so many levels better than Boyle as a college player that high school Pyne probably could have done more for UConn than college Boyle did. But it was hyperbole, not fact, as I never saw Pyne play in high school.

My only point, which I've made many times before, is I'm glad for Boyle that he is having the pro career he is, but it doesn't change the fact that he wasn't good here. And you can blame it all you want on him being thrown in as a true frosh when he wasn't ready, but two years after that when Shirreffs went down in our bowl year he still wasn't ready to play at even a competent level.

Reaction Score
No, it was hyperbole. My point was that Pyne as a college player was so many levels better than Boyle as a college player that high school Pyne probably could have done more for UConn than college Boyle did. But it was hyperbole, not fact, as I never saw Pyne play in high school.

My only point, which I've made many times before, is I'm glad for Boyle that he is having the pro career he is, but it doesn't change the fact that he wasn't good here. And you can blame it all you want on him being thrown in as a true frosh when he wasn't ready, but two years after that when Shirreffs went down in our bowl year he still wasn't ready to play at even a competent level.
one thing we gotta really really wonder??? was our coaching up to par at that time??? It's been soooo long since we've seen a staff here that's gotten what we've gotten over this now past season... a looong time...We didn't have that when Boyle was here (honestly).... adequate coaching (thanks admin)... you gotta wonder.... just sayin...

Reaction Score
one thing we gotta really really wonder??? was our coaching up to par at that time??? It's been soooo long since we've seen a staff here that's gotten what we've gotten over this now past season... a looong time...We didn't have that when Boyle was here (honestly).... adequate coaching (thanks admin)... you gotta wonder.... just sayin...

And yet, we put Cochran in when Boyle didn't get it done and he was great. when Shirreffs got hurt and Boyle came in as an upperclassman for almost two full games, the drop off was like walking off a cliff. They didn't have the same coaching? I have no interest in defending our coaching, or insulting Boyle, but for the three years he was here he was really not good. I don't understand why those who watched him be not good can't accept that. I assume it's because he ended up in the NFL, but just because Donald Thomas and Marcus Easley ended up going from walk ons to the NFL didn't mean they were ready to have an impact at UConn until they were.

Reaction Score
And yet, we put Cochran in when Boyle didn't get it done and he was great. when Shirreffs got hurt and Boyle came in as an upperclassman for almost two full games, the drop off was like walking off a cliff. They didn't have the same coaching? I have no interest in defending our coaching, or insulting Boyle, but for the three years he was here he was really not good. I don't understand why those who watched him be not good can't accept that. I assume it's because he ended up in the NFL, but just because Donald Thomas and Marcus Easley ended up going from walk ons to the NFL didn't mean they were ready to have an impact at UConn until they were.
Agree to all but Cochran and Boyle having the same level of coaching. Cochran was a much better hs qb, and had much more coaching his entire life. Really too bad for us he was hurt. He had some magic.

Reaction Score
Agree to all but Cochran and Boyle having the same level of coaching. Cochran was a much better hs qb, and had much more coaching his entire life. Really too bad for us he was hurt. He had some magic.
Cochran reminded me a lot of Cody Endres who just made things happen. Wish Endres stopped with the extracurriculars because he would have been great for us.

Reaction Score
Cochran reminded me a lot of Cody Endres who just made things happen. Wish Endres stopped with the extracurriculars because he would have been great for us.
Endres had the potential to be really good if he stayed clean and developed. For the four game stretch he played to finish the 2013 season, Cochran was really good.

Reaction Score
If the HC, OC, OL, WR corps and running game all remain or get better, we have to be an attractive option for a higher caliber QB looking for immediate playing time. If I'm a portal prospect, I look most closely to what the OL looks like.

The only thing we don't have is a P5 schedule, but any QB we're after would not be guaranteed to win a competition at a winning P5 program like they would here.
Now, would you rather have ZT, Tyler Phommachanh and TR (our QBs) to transfer out? What happens if we get any QB in the portal, and he gets hurt like TR did - and everyone left. SEE
Couple noteworthy transfers Mora recently followed on Twitter:

Graham Mertz - QB from Wisco
Carson Steele - RB from ball state who ran over our entire defense
Carson would be a good RB. Carson and Rosa in the backfield (with Tyler Phommachanh, too) and ZT QBing... That would be fun to watch...

Reaction Score
Matt Patricia became his offensive coordinator?
I think Patricia has pics/receipts on Belichick. Let's hope he doesn't on Mora as I'd rather have Mora overseeing our D than Patricia lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom