Possible portal targets | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Possible portal targets

Reaction Score
Heads up RE Conway: From a past non-game visit to Coastal Carolina, restaurant options were not so great. Ended up eating in Myrtle Beach.

Reaction Score
Looks like Jurkovec is coming to Pitt to be with OC Frank Cignetti again (Phil's only good season at BC). Slovis is xferring out. Slovis has a great arm, but lousy decision making.

What else ya got?

Reaction Score
Would love this pickup. He singlehandedly beat us this year. We'd never get stuffed at the goal line again (a la Army game) with him in the backfield.
I also would love to see this kid in a Uconn uniform.

Reaction Score
Can anyone provide context as to why the portal opens up before the season ends? Timeline seems messy. Why not wait until after the season is concluded?

Reaction Score
Can anyone provide context as to why the portal opens up before the season ends? Timeline seems messy. Why not wait until after the season is concluded?

The season is over, except for Bowls and the Army--Navy game. We're dealing with students here, not professional free agents. If you want them to be recruited, make a choice and be enrolled and ready to start classes when the second semester opens, you can't wait until the end of the playoffs.

Reaction Score
What happened to him at UConn bordered on criminal. Threw him to the wolves as a freshman.
I respect his talent and potential but he wasn’t ready as a freshman nor was he ready as a junior.

Reaction Score
Might be some players from Colorado available

I spent the better part of a day with that idiot at the NFL channel. It is unlikely in the time we were together that he uttered a single sentence with the word, "I" or "me" or "my" in it.

Reaction Score
The portal is always open bud.
Not true. There is only a small amount of time you can enter the portal and that 45 days started today and closes mid Jan. Then from May 1 to May 15 you can enter again. You cannot enter at any other time, once in, you can transfer at any time.

Reaction Score
I respect his talent and potential but he wasn’t ready as a freshman nor was he ready as a junior.
Agree he didn’t improve much. Somehow he’s been in the NFL for 3 years. I’m going with poor coaching, poor offensive planning, weak receiving corp.

Reaction Score
Agree he didn’t improve much. Somehow he’s been in the NFL for 3 years. I’m going with poor coaching, poor offensive planning, weak receiving corp.
Also his confidence was shot from being thrown out there before he was ready. Diaco showed zero confidence in the kid having him hand off on 3rd and 9 against Temple in a game they still had a shot in. Kid was totally mishandled here.

Reaction Score
Colorado's QB Owen McCown enters the portal. Come out East young man.

Reaction Score
LOL. Or, you could start with the most obvious possibility -- that his mind and instincts just weren't able to utilize the physical talents he had from the beginning until after he was done from here. Just because someone isn't good NOW, doesn't mean he won't be good at some point in the future.

I'm sorry, my mistake. I know one of the rules of the Boneyard is it's almost never the player's fault. Proof would be to ask you how it was that Shirreffs succeesded on a decent level with the same coaching, offensive planning and receiving corps, but I won't do that because it would be too easy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LOL. Or, you could start with the most obvious possibility -- that his mind and instincts just weren't able to utilize the physical talents he had from the beginning until after he was done from here. Just because someone isn't good NOW, doesn't mean he won't be good at some point in the future.

I'm sorry, my mistake. I know one of the rules of the Boneyard is it's almost never the player's fault. Proof would be to ask you how it was that Shirreffs succeesded on a decent level with the same coaching, offensive planning and receiving corps, but I won't do that because it would be too easy.

Just because so
I never said none of it wasn’t his fault. Just pointing out he somehow raised his game to the top without us. Never invoked another player, a by-er, or even a coach by name. Not sure why your panties are so twisted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom