Poll: Part of the Game or Cheap Shot - Louisville vs BYU | The Boneyard

Poll: Part of the Game or Cheap Shot - Louisville vs BYU

Part of the Game or Cheap Shot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sure looks intentional. I wonder what led to that? Definitely a cheap shot.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She should have been ejected from the game for throwing a punch and suspended from the NCAAs. A game can be chippy but delivering forearm shivers to a person's chest/neck area is definitely a suspension - nothing accidental, not part of a tussle, just an out and out sucker punch.

It would not surprise me if the NCAA is looking into it. In fact I would be surprised if they aren't!

Reaction Score
That is why their "greatest upset victory" (against Baylor in the tourney) was tainted and BS! L'ville was allowed to get away with it two years ago against Baylor so why shouldn't they continue to do it. If no further sanctions are imposed on them, then any future "agressive play" exhibited by L'ville is on the NCAA. Part of their MO.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Let's leave high school kids out of this thread, please.

Reaction Score
Where the hell were the officials? This should have been a flagrant foul and automatic ejection.

She should be suspended for the remainder of the tournament.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
That is why their "greatest upset victory" (against Baylor in the tourney) was tainted and bull ! L'ville was allowed to get away with it two years ago against Baylor so why shouldn't they continue to do it. If no further sanctions are imposed on them, then any future "agressive play" exhibited by L'ville is on the NCAA. Part of their MO.

Disagree with your attempt at a parallel that - once again - rewrites the actual history of the game. This action cited is quite different.

Reaction Score
She should have been ejected from the game for throwing a punch and suspended from the NCAAs. A game can be chippy but delivering forearm shivers to a person's chest/neck area is definitely a suspension - nothing accidental, not part of a tussle, just an out and out sucker punch.

It would not surprise me if the NCAA is looking into it. In fact I would be surprised if they aren't!

Did you watch the clip? Her arms are straight down the whole time. She didn't throw a punch or forearm. I don't know how the "throwing a punch" rules are written, but I think they would be hard pressed to suspend her for "throwing a punch(forearm)."

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
You are correct. This was one play in a game. Against Baylor it continued throughout the game.

LOL. Dream on.... 'cause you clearly have no actual memory of the Baylor/Louisville game.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Someone actually voted that it was "part of the game?"

I've seen a lot of brutal, moving screens, that have targeted players. Never, of course, by Dolson. Never, of course, by Jess Moore. Never, of course, by Bam Bam. Ask their opposition or the officials....

It's a fine line between being physical and headhunting. Mostly it depends on which side of the pick/screen you're on.

I would call this video over the line and worth a flagrant 2. Felt the same thing about how Jess handled Kelly Mazzante.

Reaction Score
Another reason why I don't care for Walz- I don't believe that he even removed her from the game. And a shot of their huddle while the review was going on showed Walz talking to Moore, and she is laughing. She's a talented freshman, and certainly a good time to teach a lesson. But that's not his style.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the clip? Her arms are straight down the whole time. She didn't throw a punch or forearm. I don't know how the "throwing a punch" rules are written, but I think they would be hard pressed to suspend her for "throwing a punch(forearm)."
You are correct that she didn't throw a punch...... she threw a shoulder. And the way she threw it looked like she had practiced it before. She waited until the opponent was in the right position, lowered her shoulder, rotated and rose to hit her right in the jaw and drove threw the blow. All the components of a nice left hook but she used her shoulder instead. Should suffer whatever the rules allow for throwing a punch, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom