• 25-21

Votes: 183 63.5%
  • 20-15

Votes: 87 30.2%

• Total voters

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Will we be ranked? If so do we drop or go up? Beat a ranked Auburn, lost to Mich St which will likely climb into the top 25 and squeaked by a pretty bad VCU.

I'm thinking we stay around 22 or 23.

Reaction Score
#18 or #19. Lot of teams in front of us lost too. That Auburn win looks really freaking good. And a loss to MSU while missing a starter is not not going to cause a drop.

Also, if voters ding us for only beating VCU by 7, then they need to drop Baylor who only beat them by 8. VCU's defense is rated #5 in the country for a reason.

Reaction Score
#18 or #19. Lot of teams in front of us lost too. That Auburn win looks really freaking good. And a loss to MSU while missing a starter is not not going to cause a drop.

Also, if voters ding us for only beating VCU by 7, then they need to drop Baylor who only beat them by 8. VCU's defense is rated #5 in the country for a reason.
let's not pretend there isn't a difference between beating a team by 8 in regulation and winning by 7 in overtime. it's not the same thing and I'm not sure why I keep seeing it posted.

Reaction Score
22 in the AP poll. We could jump Auburn and Michigan, maybe Seton Hall. I'm going with 20.

Reaction Score
Iowa St, Mich St, and Wisconsin should move in. 3 teams then need to drop out. Xavier, Seton Hall, Auburn, and us are only teams 15-25 to lose so far, so probably Xavier and Hall drop out. Only other option is #14 Illinois who went 2-1 but no good wins and a 2nd straight week of a not great loss?

If we stay in, Florida definitely jumps us, possibly USC.

I'm gonna say Xavier, Hall, and Illinois drop out. Iowa St 25, Auburn 24, Us 23, Mich St 22, Wisconsin 21, USC 20.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
24/25, would be shocked if we move up after going to overtime twice and losing a game scoring under 60 points. We didn't look impressive in Atlantis, even if the double OT game was fun to watch. Going 2-1 might save us a spot though, considering other teams lost too.

pj

Reaction Score
It depends on the distribution of voters. I think most voters will have us the same as they did pre-tourney, but those who severely under-rated or over-rated us will correct their assessment. I doubt may voters over-rated us as few would have had us in the top 15, but a few might have had us unranked and will start to rank us; so I think we move up slightly. But probably only 1-2 slots, since we really played to form.

Reaction Score
There are still ranked teams playing Saturday and Sunday. Ask again Sunday night

Reaction Score
The Sagarins have us at 12. Not too bad but maybe a little too high.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
We lost to Michigan State less then 20 hours after playing 2OT game against #19 team. We almost won without the BE defending player of the year. Then beat the #5 defensive team in the country. Auburn was #3 based. Of course our offense looked sloppy! They have a lot of room to grow but they got past with a couple wins we wouldn’t have last year.

Reaction Score
Not Monday but

Was just about to post that. I think that’s pretty accurate. I think Auburn and UConn are still better than MSU but hey that’s the pecking order according to the game results. People thinking we’ll drop because of our loss are not putting enough weight on the Auburn win. Auburn is a legit final four caliber team

Reaction Score

I really dont get why people are dismissing VCU. That team is a demon on defense and the wins are going to come. Will they be a to 25 team? No but they are going to win enough games to be on the bubble and possibly get in. When you play defense that can cause problems for the defending national champs who dismantled everyone theyve played so far youve got something.

Reaction Score
I really dont get why people are dismissing VCU. That team is a demon on defense and the wins are going to come. Will they be a to 25 team? No but they are going to win enough games to be on the bubble and possibly get in. When you play defense that can cause problems for the defending national champs who dismantled everyone theyve played so far youve got something.
And who wants to play them in the first round? Nobody.

Reaction Score
And who wants to play them in the first round? Nobody.
Theyre likely only going to get better as the season goes on as you expect with most teams and if they make the tourney and youre a top 4 seed and you get them as your first round opponent thats frikken nightmare scenario. I hope they dont end up in our bracket. This team could be a bracket buster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom