Poll: All Angst Aside - Whatcha Think About Monday's Rankings | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poll: All Angst Aside - Whatcha Think About Monday's Rankings

UConn's Monday Ranking

• Unranked

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • 25-21

Votes: 183 63.5%
  • 20-15

Votes: 87 30.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
24/25, would be shocked if we move up after going to overtime twice and losing a game scoring under 60 points. We didn't look impressive in Atlantis, even if the double OT game was fun to watch. Going 2-1 might save us a spot though, considering other teams lost too.
I must have missed the game where we scored under 60…

Reaction Score
You're right, we scored 60. Do you need help understanding why that isn't good either?
What is our next noon tip less than 18 hours after a double OT game?

Everyone outside a few dopes on this board see a 3rd place finish with a win over what will be a top 15 maybe 10 team and another probable tourney team as a good trip for this early in the year.

Get the dump out of your pants, we cannot play LIU every night.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think we will be ranked. Several teams picked up losses this week and UConn picked up a solid win over Auburn.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What is our next noon tip less than 18 hours after a double OT game?

Everyone outside a few dopes on this board see a 3rd place finish with a win over what will be a top 15 maybe 10 team and another probable tourney team as a good trip for this early in the year.

Get the dump out of your pants, we cannot play LIU every night.
This is all irrelevant to the point of, scoring 60 points and losing is bad. It hurts your computer numbers and W/L. I doubt voters care we played a double OT game the day before, and they shouldn't because we put ourselves in that position by giving up our lead in the second half. People are right that we're probably moving up, but it's more to do with teams ahead of us losing.

Reaction Score
This is all irrelevant to the point of, scoring 60 points and losing is bad. It hurts your computer numbers and W/L. I doubt voters care we played a double OT game the day before, and they shouldn't because we put ourselves in that position by giving up our lead in the second half. People are right that we're probably moving up, but it's more to do with teams ahead of us losing.
The same way voters don’t care we played double OT they don’t care we scored 60. We had a good win an ok loss and avoided a bad loss. We are going to stay in the top 25 and have minimal movement.

Reaction Score
No voter cares we scored 60 points.

Reaction Score
Early return on ballots: 13, 15, 15, 17, 17, 18, 19, 22

Voters must have liked what they saw...

Reaction Score
let's not pretend there isn't a difference between beating a team by 8 in regulation and winning by 7 in overtime. it's not the same thing and I'm not sure why I keep seeing it posted.
Baylor lead by 2 at the half and won by 8.
We were down 2 at the half and won by 7.
The difference is 1 point.............it just took an extra 5 minutes.
Baylor did not have an easy time winning their game so why should UConn have had an easy time?

Reaction Score
Iowa St, Mich St, and Wisconsin should move in. 3 teams then need to drop out. Xavier, Seton Hall, Auburn, and us are only teams 15-25 to lose so far, so probably Xavier and Hall drop out. Only other option is #14 Illinois who went 2-1 but no good wins and a 2nd straight week of a not great loss?

If we stay in, Florida definitely jumps us, possibly USC.

I'm gonna say Xavier, Hall, and Illinois drop out. Iowa St 25, Auburn 24, Us 23, Mich St 22, Wisconsin 21, USC 20.
Positively Phlandrous of you to say FL is better than UConn......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom