Please post positive stuff here. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Please post positive stuff here.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
In 3 weeks, the discourse has gone from "will we go undefeated" to "will we make the tournament"...and the truth is, we were the best team in the country a few days this year and its only mid January. We have 2 months to fix things, so lets all pray that DH figures it out sooner than later or never.

Reaction Score
Losses used to bother me for days. After losing my wife, a daughter a goddaughter and a best friend in a 2 year span (2018-20), I get over it immediately. It isn't as big of a deal as it seems. I understand people freaking out. I've been there. Don't let it ruin your lives
I'm not gonna lie to you. When we lost so many games during the Ollie era they stopped feeling personal, so these past few weeks have been a breeze!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
New team from last year, 15-4 offer in preseason and we all take it. Hot start, struggling in the middle—-let’s wait to see how we finish before burying coach and players. CM’on, let’s stay positive and give the team some love and not kick them while they are down..you don’t think they are feeling it? Let’s go Husky Nation, we don’t quit on our guys!
This
The players have the ability to be very, very good. That has not changed.
This too

(Only reason NOT to like these 2 posts would be because I feel it'd be uncool to do so in case I might look like a fool if things stay as bad as they were today. So what. Go Huskies.)

Reaction Score
In 3 weeks, the discourse has gone from "will we go undefeated" to "will we make the tournament"...and the truth is, we were the best team in the country a few days this year and its only mid January. We have 2 months to fix things, so let’s all pray that DH figures it out sooner than later or never.
What gives you any hope that DH is gonna figure it out????

Reaction Score
Jon Givony (draftexpress.com guy) was at the game today. Ballhandling issues aside, I’m sure he left very impressed with Jordan Hawkins

Reaction Score
It was garbage time but Joey hit some shots, and maybe excised demons. Alleyne took a few shots, so his confidence is hopefully building. Karaban seriously impressive. Hawkins just wow today.

Hurley has three hall of fame coaches at his disposal to seek advice.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hurley going to bed a bit less angry now since his Bengals just advanced. Maybe that will clear up head to try to change some of his tactics.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Losses used to bother me for days. After losing my wife, a daughter a goddaughter and a best friend in a 2 year span (2018-20), I get over it immediately. It isn't as big of a deal as it seems. I understand people freaking out. I've been there. Don't let it ruin your lives
Wow. Very sorry for your losses.

Reaction Score
Still plenty of time left in season the make changes and make a tournament run. The 2011 championship team looked fantastic starting 14-0, including a Maui tournament win beating a top 5 Kentucky team. They then went 9-9 including some losses to very mediocre teams down the stretch and looked awful. But then some close wins in BE tournament boosted confidence and we had the epic 11-0 post season run.
I am hoping this ugly loss is what it takes to get Clingan into starting lineup.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
In 3 weeks, the discourse has gone from "will we go undefeated" to "will we make the tournament"...and the truth is, we were the best team in the country a few days this year and its only mid January. We have 2 months to fix things, so let's ere. EE all pray that DH figures it out sooner than later or never.

We're right about where we thought we'd be before the season started.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Positives:

There is a clear year over year trend in our teams quality. We are currently 6th in the country in kenpom and we were discussed on the national stage as being one of the best teams in the country for weeks. Plus we have one of the highest rated recruiting classes in UConn history coming in alongside two stud freshman returning in Clingan & Karaban at a time when many other top college programs are moving the opposite direction (Duke/Kentucky)

2018: Kenpom 179
2019: Kenpom 98
2020: Kenpom 52
2021: Kenpom 21
2022: Kenpom 22
2023: Kenpom 6

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Positives:

There is a clear year over year trend in our teams quality. We are currently 6th in the country in kenpom and we were discussed on the national stage as being one of the best teams in the country for weeks. Plus we have one of the highest rated recruiting classes in UConn history coming in alongside two stud freshman returning in Clingan & Karaban at a time when many other top college programs are moving the opposite direction (Duke/Kentucky)

2018: Kenpom 179
2019: Kenpom 98
2020: Kenpom 52
2021: Kenpom 21
2022: Kenpom 22
2023: Kenpom 6
Cons we have a delusional fan base who sees all this and still goes after our coaches and players after every loss

Reaction Score
NY Giants with their first playoff win since extending their postseason dominance over the Patriots....a long time ago...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom