Please post positive stuff here. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Please post positive stuff here.

Reaction Score
Agree 100%, just remember these players are young men they certainly want to win every game but this one just got away from the team, the coaching staff and the fans. I am always amazed after a loss how many negative postings there are compared to after a win. My daughter graduated in 2004 in that magical year when both the men and women won the National Title. I have never missed seeing a few games each year since and we live in Pa. I have always said being at Gampel is a special experience and we savor every moment we are there win or lose. Hometown fans are spoiled, there are no guarantees in life and especially in sports. Enjoy each moment and root hard for the teams that represent UConn.

Reaction Score
Another positive is that Jordan Hawkins rose above the 15 PPG mark after yesterday's game. Good to bump up stats for the scouts :)

15.4 PPG, 3.6 RPG on 39.2% from three (7+ attempts) per game and 84.4% from the line. His FG% is 39.9 but 64% of his FGA are threes, so it makes sense the two percentages are really close to each other

His defense early in the year was looking really solid, but like literally everybody else in conference play he can't stay in front of anyone. Still putting up 1.0 steals per game and 0.5 blocks per game

I think his draft stock will be based on how successful UConn is and how much national attention they receive. Taking over 7 threes a game at 39% is NOT normal, but there's not much else he brings to the table at this point. If I'm an NBA scout, I'll take a chance on a sophomore sharpshooter who moves off ball really well, and put him through heavy strength training in the league

Reaction Score
Taking over 7 threes a game at 39% is NOT normal, but there's not much else he brings to the table at this point.
Was curious so I looked it up. 24 players shooting over 7 3's per game and shooting it at above 39%. Majority are non P6 guys, but Brandon Miller at Alabama is shooting 46% on 7.1 attempts per game. Guess there's a reason he's gonna go top 5

Reaction Score
I've read in a few threads that Joey's two 3's were in "garbage time" etc. While true, and of no consequence to the outcome of the game, I would hardly call them meaningless. Cali has been struggling after a very hot start and I can guarantee you when those two fell yesterday, he let out a little sigh of "finally". We need to do anything we can to get his confidence and his shot back.

Reaction Score
We are having a banger of a winter, 10 feet of snow this month!

Reaction Score
I had a dream last night that UCONN went into halftime with 2 total points. The sideline interviewer tried to talk to Hurley on his way off the court and Hurley shoved the man's outstretched arm with mic in hand out of the way and stormed off right by him. The good news is they have not put up a first half deuce as of this post.

Reaction Score
The throwback pictures in the adds on this forum are interesting.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We were punched in the mouth by St John's. We lost to inferior program and a bad coach. It was all about attitude, effort and want.

We will learn a lot in our very next game, tonight at Seton Hall. I believe we'll see a different UConn team.

Let's go Huskies

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Wondering if having Jersey Mike's for the crowd at the house tonight is bad karma:D

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Last time we won, I wore my Block C UConn sweatshirt. So it's back on now. If we win, it's my game attire until we lose.

Reaction Score
The Husky's woes might be my fault. I have not seen the last 5 games due to various reasons.

I'll get back to seeing them live next game.
Positive we have a casual fan

Reaction Score
Last night showed a glimpse of why we added Newton: a good guy for end of game situations thanks to his ability to draw fouls and convert FTs (6-6 last night).

Honestly, if we had a more PGish and Newton playing the 3 alongside him, Newton would probably fit this team better.

Reaction Score
Last time we won, I wore my Block C UConn sweatshirt. So it's back on now. If we win, it's my game attire until we lose.
Burn it. Washing it or donating it to Goodwill won’t destroy the bad mojo that sweatshirt will forever have.

Reaction Score
A positive - Looked like Samson was in warmups and not the polo/khaki combo he has worn on the bench all season.

If we can get him back for the last 10ish games of the regular season and get him ready to go for the BET & March maybe his shot blocking ability combined with more Clingan minutes can clean up/hide some of the defensive issues we've had protecting the paint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom