Piath Gabriel transferring

Reaction Score
Since beginning of this season:
3 Seniors graduating.
3 transferring out.
40% roster turnover
(so far)
2 confirmed Recruits incoming
Aubrey questionable for start of season?
I’d say we’re short.
Abby Meyers-COME ON DOWN...
Amari had better LIVE in the gym this summer.

Reaction Score
Since beginning of this season:
3 Seniors graduating.
3 transferring out.
40% roster turnover
(so far)
2 confirmed Recruits incoming
Aubrey questionable for start of season?
I’d say we’re short.
Abby Meyers-COME ON DOWN...
Amari had better LIVE in the gym this summer.

But six pretty legit, decorated players coming back (including a previous NPOY, Conference 6th man of year, Big East DPOY, 2nd Team all-big east player and #1 recruit and all-big east freshman team player, and an all big ten player), two elite recruits, and hopefully you get something from Amari and/or Aubrey.

But yes, a grad transfer would be nice to add to the depth.

Reaction Score
I can't quote his statement exactly either, but I recall it as being closer to "No one who has left the UConn program has been an impact player on a Top 20 team."

That is not as insulting to the players that left as the version that you offered.

Of course, there is the case of Elena Della Donne, but that is a VERY special case. And even in her case, the University of Delaware would not qualify as a top-level team.
Completely different circumstances

Reaction Score
I can't quote his statement exactly either, but I recall it as being closer to "No one who has left the UConn program has been an impact player on a Top 20 team."

That is not as insulting to the players that left as the version that you offered.

Of course, there is the case of Elena Della Donne, but that is a VERY special case. And even in her case, the University of Delaware would not qualify as a top-level team.
Only EDD didn't play basetball at Delaware after she left. She played volleyball, and then the following year she played basketball.

Reaction Score
This is the time of the year when Geno sits down with each player, individually, and assesses where they are, and what their future at UConn is. One can only guess what Geno told Piath.
I think that you are on target here. He probably told her that her Junior year wouldn't be too different than this year, as far as playing time, even though her game has improved. Good move on her part to make her move now. Best of luck Piath!

Reaction Score
EDD?
She left to play volleyball at Delaware. Even when she played basketball they weren’t a top 20 team. The closest I can think of would be Walker at Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Does she have a brother or relative that plays for the Lakers ?

Pilot B52

Pilot B52
Reaction Score
Hope she will bloom for herself and some lucky team. She needs paying time. Hopefully she learned some skills at UConn that will allow her to show her best. I submit the following: As a transfer, Natalie Butler at George Mason set national D1 records for rebounds and double-doubles (33 total and 33 consecutive). 16.6 points per game 19.2 rebounds per game. High game 35 points high rebounds 24. She absolutely bloomed.

Reaction Score
You guys are spinning your wheels on the EDD thing. If we had a LOI signee that backed out they would say the same thing. The context doesn't matter to people that want to belabor this point, because it's about sticking it to Geno and trying to give the program a black eye. Almost no one remembers EDD ever being a part of UConn because she was in Storrs for mere hours before getting home sick and returning home from what I've read.

Reaction Score
If she had issues with getting her academics in order at UConn, I don’t think she’s going to be able to transfer to Vanderbilt.
Good point.

Reaction Score
You guys are spinning your wheels on the EDD thing. If we had a LOI signee that backed out they would say the same thing. The context doesn't matter to people that want to belabor this point, because it's about sticking it to Geno and trying to give the program a black eye. Almost no one remembers EDD ever being a part of UConn because she was in Storrs for mere hours before getting home sick and returning home from what I've read.
Exactly. I spent nearly an hour trying to explain this same situation to someone. Some people, who do not like UConn or Coach G, will always look for a reason to try and hate on the dude or the program.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
1649395034265.png

Reaction Score
Hopefully she learned some skills at UConn that will allow her to show her best. I submit the following: As a transfer, Natalie Butler at George Mason set national D1 records for rebounds and double-doubles (33 total and 33 consecutive). 16.6 points per game 19.2 rebounds per game. High game 35 points high rebounds 24. She absolutely bloomed.

Not exactly. As a freshman at Georgetown, facing Big East competition, Butler averaged 14 points and 13.3 rebounds. Was the Big East freshman of the year and 2nd team All-Big East. . Her performance against weaker competition as a senior at GMU was not a big development.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom