Piath Gabriel transferring | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Piath Gabriel transferring

Reaction Score
What happened with her, she obviously had the skills as shown by her WNBA performance. I believe she signed and then just left but since she was on campus such a brief time, what turned her off?
Homesick she had a super tight family and a special-needs older sister which she was a integral part of care for. There have been short specials on her family dynamic and her sister always played a big role in that. I believe everyone at UConn was very surprised with her leaving so I don’t think it was anything on UConn’s end
She played a pick up game in the 2 (?) days she was in Storrs.
but it was only a 3 on 3 so it’s not official

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Samarie Walker made a mark for a Kentucky team that lost to a UConn team in a Bridgeport Sweet Sixteen.
Even there she was more than a bit of a mope. When she showed up she was a force for them.

Reaction Score
Homesick she had a super tight family and a special-needs older sister which she was a integral part of care for. There have been short specials on her family dynamic and her sister always played a big role in that. I believe everyone at UConn was very surprised with her leaving so I don’t think it was anything on UConn’s end

but it was only a 3 on 3 so it’s not official
I had a son and daughter at UDel at the same time EDD went there. Saw many of her games. As mentioned, there have been numerous TV shows about EDD and her sister, some with Geno being interviewed. Appears they still have a positive relationship.

Reaction Score
Samarie Walker made a mark for a Kentucky team that lost to a UConn team in a Bridgeport Sweet Sixteen.
The regional was in Kingston, RI. Memorable for me because it was the first regional I ever attended.

Reaction Score
The regional was in Kingston, RI. Memorable for me because it was the first regional I ever attended.
I was sure the regional was in Bridgeport and well I was right but it was the Elite Eight not the Sweet Sixteen in Bridgeport 4/1/2013

BUT

so were you! because UConn also played Kentucky in the Elite Eight in Kingston 3/27/2012

Samarie Walker played in both games.

Reaction Score
Yesterday a fake Twitter account (since deleted) reported that Nika had entered the portal. It was quickly debunked and I believe the thread was (correctly) deleted.
So nothing is up.
They also had a fake Twitter account for Catlyn Clark in the portal...

Reaction Score
I am just waiting for the "What is going on at UConn?" folks.
Lolol. You right. Both mens and womens college basketball programs across the country literally have 1000s of players in the portal looking to improve their situation. It ain’t just Uconn. It can be hard to get playing time at Uconn some years. Ask Ducharme.

Reaction Score
The saying goes: You can't teach height. The inference is: Everything else is teachable.

Reaction Score
She didn’t transfer. She declined the scholarship and didn’t enroll after realizing she could not live away from home due to the family situation with her older sister with cerebral palsy. Very unique circumstances.

Point not made :confused:
If we're talking about EDD, I absolutely believed that she'd accepted UCONN's scholarship offer, moved in on campus, and spent a couple days. She then realized she was homesick (missing her sister Lizzie), and didn't want to play basketball anymore, so she transferred to Delaware to play volleyball. Being at Delaware while playing volleyball gave her a sense of peace because she was closer to home, and could see her sister much more often, than if she was in Storrs, CT.

Reaction Score
If we're talking about EDD, I absolutely believed that she'd accepted UCONN's scholarship offer, moved in on campus, and spent a couple days. She then realized she was homesick (missing her sister Lizzie), and didn't want to play basketball anymore, so she transferred to Delaware to play volleyball. Being at Delaware while playing volleyball gave her a sense of peace because she was closer to home, and could see her sister much more often, than if she was in Storrs, CT.
I seem to remember EDD had a long private heart to heart with Geno after she went to Delaware. EDD's family has/had a vacation home in Cape May in close proximity to Genos' and one day she wandered down to talk about what happened.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She didn’t transfer. She declined the scholarship and didn’t enroll after realizing she could not live away from home due to the family situation with her older sister with cerebral palsy. Very unique circumstances.

Point not made :confused:
That is a semantical distinction in search of a who cares. She signed a letter of intent to attend UCONN and then left.

Reaction Score
I don't believe this to be the case. Piath does not have the skill set to get significant minutes at DePaul, Villanova, Marquette, nor Creighton because just about all of these schools are spread offenses utilizing 4 and 5 out. Which would mean Piath is out on the perimeter setting screens and shooting the deep ball. Neither of those are in Paith's bag. Keep in mind that Piath had a significantly more talented older sister Karima who did play at DePaul and only averaged 4.2 MPG.
How about BC? They're not in the BE, so no knocking heads with UConn, and it's even closer to Manchester, NH than Storrs. They lost to Columbia in the NIT and finished 21-12, so not exactly elite. And their 2 bigs totaled 11 three-point shots for the season, so they're probably not playing 4 and 5 out.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Has Piath received any offers/interest yet?
Generally speaking, on the WBB side, nothing much is heard until the new school is announced, unlike the MBB side, where there are lists for each player that show "schools showing interest/have contacted".

Reaction Score
did anyone else find it odd and coincidental that Saylor 3 days after Uconn played Arkansas was a razorback? Idk if it's legal, but I always wonder if opposing coaches see a player that maybe doesn't get enough playing time and they are promised if they come to such school they will be given way more playing time.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
That is a semantical distinction in search of a who cares. She signed a letter of intent to attend UCONN and then left.
Why are posters on this forum so enthralled with EDD? How many years have passed since she decided not to attend UConn? And WTH does she have to to with Piath transferring? Six pages of, and almost 150, posts and how many of these don't have anything to do with Piath?
It is going to be a long off season...carry on.

@CocoHusky this is not directed for you, your phrase just made me chuckle. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
did anyone else find it odd and coincidental that Saylor 3 days after Uconn played Arkansas was a razorback? Idk if it's legal, but I always wonder if opposing coaches see a player that maybe doesn't get enough playing time and they are promised if they come to such school they will be given way more playing time.
I think the fact that Saylor was close to Daniels and Wolfenbarger, along with the timing, may be been a factor.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Must we? I didn't notice that because it didn't happen.
UCONN played Arkansas on 11/14/21 to open the season. Saylor committed to Arkansas on 11/26/21. Keep in mind that Saylor was injured and unable to play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom