Piath Gabriel transferring | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Piath Gabriel transferring

Reaction Score
And then there were three (Paige, Nika and Aaliyah). Good luck wherever you end up, Piath.
53759685-EE8E-45AA-9E05-C6D3B6D502F0.jpeg
DF55EF2C-4DA7-461B-9D99-7087FF62B164.jpeg

The Husky Pile dwindles again…:(

Reaction Score
I don't believe this to be the case. Piath does not have the skill set to get significant minutes at DePaul, Villanova, Marquette, nor Creighton because just about all of these schools are spread offenses utilizing 4 and 5 out. Which would mean Piath is out on the perimeter setting screens and shooting the deep ball. Neither of those are in Paith's bag. Keep in mind that Piath had a significantly more talented older sister Karima who did play at DePaul and only averaged 4.2 MPG.
If true, one wonders about the recruiting decisions.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is the world we are in now, most non-rotation players will transfer because they can play immediately.
Or at least hope to.

(I’m confident Piath will find a home.)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That sucks, but kids want to play. Good luck to her where ever she ends up.
That's right. Players want to play. There is a mid-major program that would welcome her and provide her the opportunity to play lots of minutes. I never expect any player to be satisfied with sitting on the bench.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She probably wants more playing time. Best of luck to her
We don't know how much of a factor the lack of playing time was.

But when you're being left home in the NCAA tournament because you're not taking care of your business, there's a problem.

Reaction Score
I have no idea why Piath is leaving between lack of playing time, academics, none of the above or all of the above. She seemed to be a nice kid and of course I wish her well.

Her time at UConn was well spent even though it didn't translate to playing time. She still has 3 years of eligibility and got a two year education in basketball at the best possible place to learn the game and make the most of her talent. Plus, when her basketball days are over she can be proud to have been in that very select group of women who played basketball for the iconic Geno at the storied UConn program. And she got to live in Connecticut, which is really great...except for taxes.

Reaction Score
With her room-lighting smile I was pulling for Piath to develop and contribute and am sorry it didn't work out. Best of luck to her wherever she lands. Truth to tell I feared Amari might pull the trigger.

Reaction Score
This forces the need to bring in a big from the portal. Good luck Paith !!!
No attack on your comment but that was already a need, it now becomes a need for two from the portal. ;)
If true, one wonders about the recruiting decisions.
Again no attack but some players are recruited for future potential or to fill a roster. One has to wonder why anyone would wonder about recruiting decisions from a school that has won 11 national championships. Young players develop in the classroom and on the court at at different ages and not a perfect science to predict.
There is over a thousand in the portal at this point and I doubt it is about recruiting decisions. Notre Dame has three leaving, Maryland four, etc....

Reaction Score
I can't quote his statement exactly either, but I recall it as being closer to "No one who has left the UConn program has been an impact player on a Top 20 team."

That is not as insulting to the players that left as the version that you offered.

Of course, there is the case of Elena Della Donne, but that is a VERY special case. And even in her case, the University of Delaware would not qualify as a top-level team.
EDD?

JBK

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Piath. Can't really blame the kid. In her entire college career she played how many minutes? Things were not looking better for next year. Find the right program and things will be better. Of the 350+ D1 schools I bet 200 would very much love to have Piath. Godspeed Piath.
Yes
We do not do well at UCONN with experiments and kids that need lots of development
She did really well with the playing time she received - but I guess she did not show enough in practice.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly she didn’t travel with the team due to academic issues? Perhaps it’s best all around for her to be elsewhere. I never get stressed when kids transfer. I’m not one to miss kids who leave. If UConn isn’t for them they should go. So far Geno’s comments on the portal have been fairly accurate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom