PGA at Bellerive | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PGA at Bellerive

Reaction Score
Not the greatest face but(t) a 10 from behind.
Who needs a face with a body like this?

0aabd9748336cafb67b56e5baac07bae.jpg

jena-sims-beauty-queen.jpg

Reaction Score
Not sure Tom approves of these, but she's Jenna Sims...
Why is it we can't post pictures but there are ads all the time on here like Russian Beauties, Asian Hotties, etc.? Kind of hypocritical, no?

Reaction Score
Koepka is the best player in the world right now. Tiger is back therefor golf is back, he'll get his major soon.
Still too soon. He is not nearly as consistent as he used to be, especially with his driver. That said, he gave away enough strokes in 4 days that he could have won.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Still too soon. He is not nearly as consistent as he used to be, especially with his driver. That said, he gave away enough strokes in 4 days that he could have won.

Still surprised he didn't go with his stinger 2-iron or 3-wood on some of those holes. 17 was a perfect example. Only needed a birdie. Needed to make sure he had clean look on his second to set up a 3rd shot he could throw a dart to the pin.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Koepka has become everything I thought Jason Day would become. Long drives, killer irons and plenty enough of a short game and enough putts to win.

I still think Day is going to go on a run. He's had a bunch of stuff between his vertigo and a couple of different deaths on his side of his family and on his wife's. I think once he gets a year or two of consistency, he can go on a run.

Koepka has the mental make up to stay in a tournament that Rory and DJ lack.

Reaction Score
Tiger's coming off another surgery, has only been playing for 6 months and he's right there. If the back can hold up, he gets his reps, he's gonna get more majors.

Reaction Score
Still surprised he didn't go with his stinger 2-iron or 3-wood on some of those holes. 17 was a perfect example. Only needed a birdie. Needed to make sure he had clean look on his second to set up a 3rd shot he could throw a dart to the pin.
But, but, but... he can reach it in 2! If he hits 2 perfect shots.

Reaction Score
Question from a golf nooby. Do the golfers use GPS while playing? Do the pins broadcast their locations?

The precision that Tiger had on his approach shots was amazing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
But, but, but... he can reach it in 2! If he hits 2 perfect shots.

Tiger is going to have to learn how to play Par 5's outside of Augusta as 3- shot birdie holes. Needs to play some rounds with Zach Johnson to manage that.
Tiger can't consistently bomb 330+ in fairways like these youngins'.
He can hit stinger off the tee, strategically hit second shot, stick a wedge and make birdie.
Tiger used to lap the field by obliterating Par 5's in ways no one else in the field could. No more.
He needs to convert from puncher to boxer.
His nerves were fine Sunday. He didn't have any putts Sunday like JT or even Koepka where he froze and spit the bit. He hit three great putts that golf gods didn't reward.

Reaction Score
Tiger is going to have to learn how to play Par 5's outside of Augusta as 3- shot birdie holes. Needs to play some rounds with Zach Johnson to manage that.
He can hit stinger off the tee, strategically hit second shot, stick a wedge and make birdie.
Tiger used to lap the field by obliterating Par 5's in ways no one else in the field could. No more.
His nerves were fine Sunday. He didn't have any putts Sunday like JT or even Koepka where he froze and spit the bit. He hit three great putts that golf gods didn't reward.
In his interviews upon returning he spoke of doing these things. He called it course management, admitting he can't bomb the ball like the young'uns. I think though his human side (physical) takes over the decision making on long par 5's and he just wants to bomb the hell out of it.

I have a golf buddy who knows he can't clear the water on a particular hole but every time he steps up to the tee, he thinks this time he can do it. That's the human side I'm referring to, that I suspect happens to all golfers. Especially if they have cleared it before, even if only once.

Tiger's driver is making him lose strokes, and subsequently money.

Reaction Score
Question from a golf nooby. Do the golfers use GPS while playing? Do the pins broadcast their locations?

No, GPS and range finders they are not allowed during play. Players caddies walk the course earlier in the week, taking down yardages to hazards and other parts of the course. I believe they use laser range finders to do this as well.

Reaction Score
I thought his inability to hit a fairway and still surge toward the lead was a tell tale sign that he’s almost back. He just wouldn’t cave and he was able to make one tough shot from the rough after another and gain ground.

His driver won’t ever be what it once was but he needs to start using it more. If he can stay healthy and start hitting fairways with his driver he’ll be a top 5 player again. It’s got to be so frustrating to come up just short when you are barely using your driver and can barely hit a fairway with an iron. He knows he could have scored so much better yesterday if he was just playing better off the tee, let alone the handful of putts that just barely missed dropping in the cup. So close.

Reaction Score

They can't use any electronic devices at all. It's all work done by the caddie pre-tourney as well as the yardage books they receive. He was dead on with his short irons it was special. The only fart was on the 11th yesterday he had been so good and so precise with his 80 in and it flew a bit on him. His scrambling was special his putting yesterday even more so. Fun to watch, player/coach on the Ryder Cup will be too.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is Tiger shot a 64, cannot do much better than that. Guess how many times he has shot a 64 or better on a Sunday at a major? Once, yesterday. Maybe he drives better, but putts worse, golf is weird like that.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is Tiger shot a 64, cannot do much better than that. Guess how many times he has shot a 64 or better on a Sunday at a major? Once, yesterday. Maybe he drives better, but putts worse, golf is weird like that.

Yeah but how many 66's has he had on a Sunday in a major prior on a par 72. - yesterday is a par 70 so it's relative. I'm really not sure I just ask.

But I agree, he had 8 1 putts early on and one that he missed on 1 was only a wrong turn. So hit fairways and miss putts next time can reverse, hell I get that from my own game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And for those who didn't like Bellrive as a venue, Koepka holding off a charging Tiger gives Bellrive a future championship. It gives a future championship a link back in time to an epic Sunday battle.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yeah but how many 66's has he had on a Sunday in a major prior on a par 72. - yesterday is a par 70 so it's relative. I'm really not sure I just ask.

But I agree, he had 8 1 putts early on and one that he missed on 1 was only a wrong turn. So hit fairways and miss putts next time can reverse, hell I get that from my own game.
You are correct. Tiger shot a 65 in final round in 2002 Open July at Muirfield, par 71. He shot a 66 at the 1998 Open at Royal Birkdale, par 72.

Reaction Score
You are correct. Tiger shot a 65 in final round in 2002 Open July at Muirfield, par 71. He shot a 66 at the 1998 Open at Royal Birkdale, par 72.

Thanks I really didn't know. Isn't it amazing that they wouldn't explain that it actually ties his best Sunday round of 6 under but 64 is the best score by the numbers? Or would that take away from the moment, TV network thinking?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Thanks I really didn't know. Isn't it amazing that they wouldn't explain that it actually ties his best Sunday round of 6 under but 64 is the best score by the numbers? Or would that take away from the moment, TV network thinking?
Well, one school of thought is that it's easier to shoot 6 under when par is 72 than it is to shoot 6 under when it's 70. It's easier to gain a shot or two on extra par fives vs replacing 2 with par 4s. I have no problem with them saying it's his low round vs tying his low round to par.

Reaction Score
There is no issue with his length off the tee... its the direction. In my opinion, he's overswinging that club to get out there with the kids. Only he knows for certain. And playing for birdies instead of eagles is usually a sound strategy.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I agree - he still has plenty of length off the tee to get to most par 5s in two that at least the top 1/3rd can get to. He definitely had the length to get to 17 yesterday with a good drive and he had to take the chance being two back. He wasn't going to win without going birdie birdie on the last two and best way to get a birdie on 17 is reach the green in two - with a great shot, he could go eagle birdie and put a ton of pressure on Koepka. That was his only play at that point on Sunday. He also had his so many good drives on the back nine that he had to go again - but I think the pressure put him back into the bad swing he had on the front nine.

If he had taken an iron off the tee and ended up with a par, everyone would be all over him for not trying to get to the green in two. Again, it was his only option at that point on Sunday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom