PGA at Bellerive | Page 4 | The Boneyard

PGA at Bellerive

Reaction Score
I agree - he still has plenty of length off the tee to get to most par 5s in two that at least the top 1/3rd can get to. He definitely had the length to get to 17 yesterday with a good drive and he had to take the chance being two back. He wasn't going to win without going birdie birdie on the last two and best way to get a birdie on 17 is reach the green in two - with a great shot, he could go eagle birdie and put a ton of pressure on Koepka. That was his only play at that point on Sunday. He also had his so many good drives on the back nine that he had to go again - but I think the pressure put him back into the bad swing he had on the front nine.

If he had taken an iron off the tee and ended up with a par, everyone would be all over him for not trying to get to the green in two. Again, it was his only option at that point on Sunday.
He hit the drive on 18 that he wanted on 17. He also 3-putted 17 for a par the day before. From about 20’ tops. Strokes come and strokes go.

Reaction Score
Remember too Tiger played the back nine Saturday (Round 3) par golf. No birdies, bogies but a couple of missed birdie putts and a makeable eagle putt. Hats off to Koepka he felt the ground shaking and played through it to win. That's clutch!

Reaction Score
Remember too Tiger played the back nine Saturday (Round 3) par golf. No birdies, bogies but a couple of missed birdie putts and a makeable eagle putt. Hats off to Koepka he felt the ground shaking and played through it to win. That's clutch!

Yeah good call. About Koepka, these majors he's won his mental game has been Tiger-esque unlike most other guys like DJ etc. As I said he continually puts his foot on the throat of his challengers and that's pretty impressive. He's a gamer no doubt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom