PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 28 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm starting to agree with this. Before, I thought I'd prefer MAL but he was very unimpressive this past weekend. He was sloppy and played lazy defense. Now I'll take Tremont. Waters+Adams+Gilbert+HamD=Crazy good.
This is lunacy. Nearly every player in the country occasionally has a game where they look sloppy and uninterested. ESPECIALLY on the AAU circuit.

Reaction Score

He seems like an exact mini-shabazz replica, right down to the shooting stroke and poise with the rock. I like MAL, but have been wishing for years that Tremont stays in CT.

Reaction Score
Nice little mix of Waters. He does have some handle. Reminds me of Boat.

a little boat in waters ... couldnt resist... i see a little of that in this clip, but the biggest thing boat had was heart and toughness, if waters has half of that we're good

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Lots of movement toward Indiana on the crystal ball.

Reaction Score
Lots of movement toward Indiana on the crystal ball.

One of those guys is a writer for an IU site. Meyer is noteworthy. As noteworthy as any crystal ball pick is, I suppose.

C

Chief00

I'll happily take either. The fact that Waters is a better shooter and more likely to be around for four years makes me prefer him, but I won't spend a single second being disappointed if we have to "settle" for MAL instead.

I agree both are good players - my bias is always with a guy who can shoot, knows the game and plays hard. Waters checks all 3 of those boxes. MAL is longer and more athletic - doesn't means Waters isn't athletic but he just doesn't have that length.

Reaction Score
Both Scout analysts Snow and Daniels believe that Indiana is the team to beat for his service, they seem to think they are the clear leader, but that this is not over yet.

If Mal goes to ville and Waters to Indiana, this could be a disastrous start to recruiting

Reaction Score
Both Scout analysts Snow and Daniels believe that Indiana is the team to beat for his service, they seem to think they are the clear leader, but that this is not over yet.

If Mal goes to ville and Waters to Indiana, this could be a disastrous start to recruiting
Starting to seem like the only way we don't get MAL is if we get Scruggs

Reaction Score
I don't see how UConn isn't the clear leader, it's just that we aren't committing to him. Which I think is a big mistake not to. He is the best pure point guard I have seen at his age in a LONG time and is in-state. The type of player who will stay in college for four years and make a huge impact on a program.

Reaction Score
Tre Retweeted
Dennis Smith Jr. ‏@Dennis4Smith Aug 11
"Problem w loyalty, they all got they own definition. That's why I stay to myself, that's why I keep all my distance..."

288 retweets191 likes

Seeing his latest crystal ball prediction going to Indiana, Is he talking about UConn and Ollie?

and I thought I read too much into things on Twitter.

The Indiana picks are directly correlated with this interview:

Literally 10 mins after it was posted the 247 guys started changing their picks to Indiana.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Seems pretty pessimistic to take that away from one stray retweet.

Reaction Score
B Snow thinks Indiana is the fav, just what I read, take with a grain of salt, be he added in a post that Jordan Tucker to IU as well. Who knows?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hey! I went there for a year.

Not really known for their basketball, though...

Reaction Score
He's going to NDWH? He's from New Haven, he should go to Cross or Hillhouse. Preferable to Cross since I went there but Cross and Hillhouse are always power houses.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He's going to NDWH? He's from New Haven, he should go to Cross or Hillhouse. Preferable to Cross since I went there but Cross and Hillhouse are always power houses.

He's looking at Duke and was enamored with Stanford for a time. Not trying to speak ill of either school (a lot of my relatives went to Wilbur Cross), but I'd have to say that NDWH is superior academically, which may matter to his family.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You think this means anything? Any UConn connection (or other) to this school?

I doubt it. ND-WH isn't a basketball powerhouse by any means; he's just from the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom