PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 29 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What would you guys rather have: 4 years of Tremont or 1 year of Hami?

Reaction Score
It's a hockey school from what I remember. If his academics were so pristine he should have already graduated and headed to a high d1 school. I mean he's not boosting his ranking any higher and he has enough offers for teams that woulda taken him for 2016

Reaction Score
He's looking at Duke and was enamored with Stanford for a time. Not trying to speak ill of either school (a lot of my relatives went to Wilbur Cross), but I'd have to say that NDWH is superior academically, which may matter to his family.
ND is definitely a better school academically, so I totally get him going there for that. As far as hoops goes tho, Cross is far superior but I guess when you're thinking about your future you can't base it solely off hoops.

Reaction Score
ND is definitely a better school academically, so I totally get him going there for that. As far as hoops goes tho, Cross is far superior but I guess when you're thinking about your future you can't base it solely off hoops.
He already has offers from excellent colleges to attend for free. Where he goes to high school is essentially meaningless from a "thinking about the future" standpoint

Reaction Score
He already has offers from excellent colleges to attend for free. Where he goes to high school is essentially meaningless from a "thinking about the future" standpoint
Yea, I know but I would still assume if education is very important, it would still be important for him to have his senior year regardless of his scholarships

Reaction Score

You don't see any value in receiving a better education? Amazing.

Reaction Score
He's going to NDWH? He's from New Haven, he should go to Cross or Hillhouse. Preferable to Cross since I went there but Cross and Hillhouse are always power houses.

Waters and Kasperzyk would have been a fun combo to watch. I think they played AAU together this summer too.

Looking forward to watching what Waters does in the SCC of the CIAC. He should have his way with opposing teams. The Hillhouse match up against Kasperzyk will be a good time.

Reaction Score
Waters and Kasperzyk would have been a fun combo to watch. I think they played AAU together this summer too.

Looking forward to watching what Waters does in the SCC of the CIAC. He should have his way with opposing teams. The Hillhouse match up against Kasperzyk will be a good time.
I'm not sure who he is. I'm assuming he's Hillhouses stud? I haven't lived in CT in almost 10 years so I really have no idea what's going on in the New Haven basketball scene anymore. I check the standings here and there and state tournament every year and when I come home I try to go to the Cross/Hillhouse game if it's happening. I know Cross fell off in a big way since I went there. My sophomore year hoopstv.com had them as a top 15 team in the country, now it seems like Hillhouse just runs New Haven solely. It's cool knowing a top player in the country will be playing in the SCC though and see how these schools actually hold up against someone like him.

Reaction Score
I think we really need to turn the heat up on Tremont. I've seen him play before and he has Shabazz written all over him. We're putting more effort into MAL and Hami when it should really be on Tremont.

Reaction Score
I think we really need to turn the heat up on Tremont. I've seen him play before and he has Shabazz written all over him. We're putting more effort into MAL and Hami when it should really be on Tremont.
Tremont is a point guard, Hamidou is a shooting guard.

Reaction Score
And Hami is a
consensus top-10 recruit in our backyard

Reaction Score
And Hami is a
consensus top-10 recruit in our backyard

My only thing is I think we'd only have 1 year of Hami. He'd probably be great in that one year, though. Tremont is a four year player and is everything you could ask for in a UConn guard. I want both Waters and Hami of course but I just really think we need to put more effort in Waters. We'd be missing out big time on him.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
What would you guys rather have: 4 years of Tremont or 1 year of Hami?
Ignoring all the guys who want to nit pick everything you say, id have to say Hamidou.

We as a program desperately need to get back on track in terms of NBA presence, and better recruiting begets better recruiting. Signing a guy like HD even for a year and then sending him off as a lottery pick will bring in future guys like him with greater frequency.

Reaction Score
Ignoring all the guys who want to nit pick everything you say, id have to say Hamidou.

We as a program desperately need to get back on track in terms of NBA presence, and better recruiting begets better recruiting. Signing a guy like HD even for a year and then sending him off as a lottery pick will bring in future guys like him with greater frequency.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Our absolute ideal class is Tremont, Hami, and Bamba.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
That actually makes a lot of sense. Our absolute ideal class is Tremont, Hami, and Bamba.
Close, but I'd personally prefer MAL, Bamba, and Diallo even if that is a pipe dream.

To me, I'd rather take the player who grew up watching UConn and who considers himself a true fan of the program over the kid who has repeatedly made it clear that he's waiting for something bigger.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Haven't you called out KO in the past for not prioritizing MAL as much as you wanted?

Reaction Score
Close, but I'd personally prefer MAL, Bamba, and Diallo even if that is a pipe dream.

To me, I'd rather take the player who grew up watching UConn and who considers himself a true fan of the program over the kid who has repeatedly made it clear that he's waiting for something bigger.

I was under the impression that Waters grew up a UConn fan as well, but puts a high weight on academics and was intrigued by schools like Stamford and Yale... and then the Duke offer came, complicating his decision further. Yet throughout all this, he realized his biggest priority is going somewhere where he will be "the guy" (at the PG position), and Indiana seems to be the best fit for that. UConn cannot guarantee he will come in and play big minutes his freshman year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom