PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm growing into Diarra. I hope he comes. Looking forward to a beast down low.

For a kid who wasn't sure basketball was in his future to seeing some of the things he can do, I really like the evolution of his game. I realize they are highlights but his athletic ability, strength and natural instincts look like that of a player who will learn fast and end up being a nice 3-4 year guy who at the very least is a piece of the program but may surprise you and become much more. Would be a nice week or 2 to have him say "I'm going to be a Husky"

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

1. opening action appears to be him shooting a foul shot. They do not show the result. That is not a good sign.
  2. He appears to utilize the proper number of hands for a big man when dunking.
  3. He also appears to go up strong and quick, through contact. Ties in with the 2 handedness of his dunks. Much more power than attempts at finesse in his interior game. I like that.
  4. Of the blocks they showed, none went into the stands. Two ended up directly in his hands.
  5. Not Diarra related, but what the hell is "Next Best Basketball"? I think I know what they think they mean with that name, as in future greats. But next best kind of screams second best, doesn't it?

Reaction Score
  1. opening action appears to be him shooting a foul shot. They do not show the result. That is not a good sign.

Considering that it's just part of the opening scenes where they are building up to the action, I wouldn't read too much into it, but I can't tell if some of your post is sarcastic or not...

Either way, he shot 64% (16/25) from the FT line for his AAU team this year. Not great, not terrible.

http://www.circuitstats.com/roster_players/7765121?subseason=205850

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too much into it, but I can't tell if some of your post is sarcastic or not...

More a statement about mixtapes in general than about him. Whenever I watch a mix tape and they include shots where the guy made an arguably nice mover and went up for the shot, but they don't show the ball going through the hole, I automatically assume it was a miss. Otherwise, why cut it out?

64% isn't awful for a big. It's out of the range that would result in a 'Hack a Mama" type defense.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not Diarra related, but what the hell is "Next Best Basketball"? I think I know what they think they mean with that name, as in future greats. But next best kind of screams second best, doesn't it?

I went to HS with the guy who runs NBB. Mixtape editing aside, he's a consummate professional who is very well connected in the NE recruiting scene. He's also a diehard UCONN fan, so the fact that MD chose him to produce his official mixtape is another good sign.

Reaction Score
VCU fans have to be the most out of touch with the actuality of their program of any fans in college basketball. Is there any player they don't think they're the favorites for?

Reaction Score
VCU fans have to be the most out of touch with the actuality of their program of any fans in college basketball. Is there any player they don't think they're the favorites for?
If I'm correct we are the outright favorites for Diarra right?

Reaction Score
I have to believe that we're in the lead on this. Anybody hear any different?

Reaction Score
I don't have any insider dope on him, but all of the pros seem to think we're getting him. Meyer just gave us a CB pick for him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My source believes that he will end up with us. Again, feel free to message me if you have any doubts about where I'm getting my info.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

They sound like post-Squid UMass fans.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
There's no shot in hell he doesn't pick UConn. A first year VCU coach won't beat Ollie unless UConn isn't serious about the recruit, but we seem to be pursuing Diarra seriously.

VCU fans need to accept reality. Shaka is gone, and Wade is going to have to establish himself in the tournament before he beats out any blue bloods for recruits.

Reaction Score
You spend any time over on the VCU board and you quickly realize they are nuts, they act more cocky than Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom